• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Email that I received

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
I cannot attest to the validity of the email that I received.

Well this one will just make your day!!

SURE NO INCENTIVE TO WORK ALL ONE'S LIFE !!!

From a Florida ER doctor:
"I live and work in a state overrun with illegals. They make more money having kids than we earn working full-time. Today I had a 25-year old with 8 kids - that's right 8; all illegal anchor babies and she had the nicest nails, cell phone, hand bag, clothing, etc. She makes about $1,500 monthly for each; you do the math. I used to say, "We are the dumbest nation on earth." Now I must say and sadly admit: WE are the dumbest people on earth (that includes ME) for we elected the idiot idealogues who have passed the bills that allow this. Sorry, but we need a revolution. Vote them all out in 2010."

------------------------------------------------------------------

--- REMEMBER ---
IN NOVEMBER 2010, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE!
------------------------------------------------------------------
This is an insult and a kick in the butt to all of us...
Get mad and pass it on - I don't know how, but maybe some good will come of this travesty.

Ifthe immigrant is over 65, they can apply for SSI and Medicaid and get more than a woman on Social Security, who worked from 1944 until 2004.

She is only getting $791 per month because she was born in 1924 and there's a 'catch 22.'

It is interesting that the federal government provides a single refugee with a monthly allowance of $1,890. Each can also obtain an additional $580 in social assistance, for a total of$2,470a month.

This compares to a single pensioner, who after contributing to the growth and development of America for 40 to 50 years, can only receive a monthly maximum of $1,012 in old age pension and Guaranteed Income Supplement.

Maybe our pensioners should apply as refugees!

Consider sending this to all your American friends, so we can all be ticked off and maybe get the refugees cut back to $1,012 and the pensioners up to $2,470. Then we can enjoy some of the money we were forced to submit to the Government over the last 40 or 50 or 60 years.And not to receive a increase for 2010 Vote them all out of office.

Please forward this to every American to expose what our elected politicians have been doing for the past 11 years to over-taxed Americans.

SEND THIS TO EVERY AMERICAN TAXPAYER YOU KNOW

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
2.5 years ago Snopes reviewed this and concluded FALSE.

Looks like that didn't slow it down at all.
Virtually everything claimed about it is wrong: the piece is six years old, it was originally about government policy in Canada and not the U.S. (someone merely substituted the word 'American' for 'Canadian' throughout the text), and it wasn't true (about either Canada or the U.S.) when it was written and still isn't true now.
Do you trust the judgment of the person who sent to to you?

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Oh. Maybe she received it from her minister's wife? :yum: That is sometimes the cited origin for emails like these. Ministers Wife is put in the introduction by the original author, intending to add impeccable credibility.

I don't mean to jump on you, but when ever I see 'don't verify this, just pass it to everyone you can think of, quickly', to me that screams 'More BS written by Anonymous Coward, calculated to drive us apart.' I suspect Anonymous Coward used to be Karl Rove; I don't know who wears the mask now.

Same thoughts, in Snopes' words:
Some political issues, it seems, are so emotionally charged that proponents of one side or another will promulgate anything that reflects their viewpoint, no matter how irrelevant, inapplicable, outdated, or erroneous it might be.

No offense, but I think you (and sis) got pawned.

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
On the other hand - would you like to go in with me on getting part of a large fortune out of Nigeria? Speed and discretion are essential for this to work. The rewards are substantial.

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
I was the one that added the first line-had the feeling that the whole thing was bogus however the way things are going around here the last couple days some real levity was needed.

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
On the other hand - would you like to go in with me on getting part of a large fortune out of Nigeria? Speed and discretion are essential for this to work. The rewards are substantial.

I will pm you with my bank info and all other personal information required to get in on the ground floor of this fantastic opportunity.:w00t2:

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
From Wikipedia on Welfare in the US which also covers systems from other countries. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welfare
United States

Main article: American welfare state
From the 1930s on, New York City government provided welfare payments to the poor.[11] By the 1960s, as whites moved to the suburbs, the city was having trouble making the payments and attempted to purge the rolls of those who were committing welfare fraud.[11] Twenty individuals who had been denied welfare sued in a case that went to the United States Supreme Court, Goldberg v. Kelly. The Court ruled that those suspected of committing welfare fraud must receive individual hearings before being denied welfare.[11] Journalist David Frum considers this ruling to be a milestone leading to the city's 1975 budget disaster.[11]
After the Great Society legislation of the 1960s, for the first time a person who was not elderly or disabled could receive a living from the American government.[12] This could include general welfare payments, health care through Medicaid, food stamps, special payments for pregnant women and young mothers,and federal and state housing benefits.[12] In 1968, 4.1% of families were headed by a woman on welfare; by 1980, this increased to 10%.[12] In the 1970s, California was the U.S. state with the most generous welfare system.[13] Virtually all food stamp costs are paid by the federal government.[14]
Before the Welfare Reform Act of 1996, welfare was "once considered an open-ended right," but welfare reform converted it "into a finite program built to provide short-term cash assistance and steer people quickly into jobs."[15] Prior to reform, states were given "limitless"[15] money by the federal government, increasing per family on welfare, under the 60-year-old Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC) program.[16] This gave states no incentive to direct welfare funds to the neediest recipients or to encourage individuals to go off welfare (the state lost federal money when someone left the system).[17] One child in seven nationwide received AFDC funds,[16] which mostly went to able-bodied single mothers.[14]
After reforms, which President Bill Clinton said would "end welfare as we know it,"[14] amounts from the federal government were given out in a flat rate per state based on population.[17] The new program is called Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF).[16] It also encourages states to require some sort of employment search in exchange for providing funds to individuals and imposes a five-year time limit on cash assistance.[14][16][18] The bill restricts welfare from most legal immigrants and increased financial assistance for child care.[18] The federal government also maintains an emergency $2 billion TANF fund to assist states that may have rising unemployment.[16]
Millions of people left the welfare rolls (a 60% drop overall),[18] employment rose, and the child poverty rate was reduced.[14] A 2007 Congressional Budget Office study found that incomes in affected families rose by 35%.[18] The reforms were "widely applauded"[19] after "bitter protest."[14] The Times called the reform "one of the few undisputed triumphs of American government in the past 20 years."[20] Critics of the reforms sometimes point out that the reason for the massive decrease of people on the welfare rolls in the United States in the 1990s wasn't due to a rise in actual gainful employment in this population, but rather, due almost exclusively to their offloading into workfare, giving them a different classification than classic welfare recipient.
Aspects of the program vary in different states; Michigan, for example, requires a month in a job search program before benefits can begin.[14]
The National Review editorialized that the Economic Stimulus Act of 2009 will reverse the welfare-to-work provisions that Bill Clinton signed in the 1990s and again base federal grants to states on the number of people signed up for welfare rather than at a flat rate.[17] One of the experts who worked on the 1996 bill said that the provisions would lead to the largest one-year increase in welfare spending in American history.[20] The House bill provides $4 billion to pay 80% of states' welfare caseloads.[16] Although each state received $16.5 billion annually from the federal government as welfare rolls dropped, they spent the rest of the block grant on other types of assistance rather than saving it for worse economic times.[15]