• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

"Stoopid" handcuffs donated to the Smithsonian

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
What a lovely way to blacken the nice history of that museum.
Stoopid isn't the word for it.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
What a lovely way to blacken the nice history of that museum.
Stoopid isn't the word for it.

Just a stupid question but does the Smithsonian have a White History Section ?????

Oh thats right:whistling: Its called KKK ! For Gods sake lets keep the race card alive !!!:bonk::pat:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I am sure they are to the black section of the Smithsonian !:doh::sad:

Sorry PG , but I just have a real problem with all this Black history is ok , White history is racist crap . It a double standard and we all know it .

I would fall over laughing if God turns out to be Japanese . I hate Racism to the core and the blacks are the worst at promoting it .

Can I say that ??? Damn right I can ,cause i am also of mixed blood !

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry PG , but I just have a real problem with all this Black history is ok , White history is racist crap . It a double standard and we all know it .

I would fall over laughing if God turns out to be Japanese . I hate Racism to the core and the blacks are the worst at promoting it .

Can I say that ??? Damn right I can ,cause i am also of mixed blood !
There isn't a thing wrong with remembering and documenting black history Al and the racism that was involved.
It's something that was ugly and ran deep in this country for decades.
Some would like to say it still exists, but it doesn't now, at least not like then, and THEN should be forgotten once and for all, when it comes down to things like donating handcuffs to a museum because of what happened to Gates.
STUPID!

Last edited:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Did Mr Gates have a reciept for the handcuffs that were and are the property of Cambridge, MA.? If not then he needs to be put back into those very cuffs! I didnt know you were given the set of handcuffs you were arrested with. Does this happen with every arrest? I think not! If he didnt steal them then who gave them to him and were they legally able to? Or was it simply done out of sight? Either way its stolen City Property in my book and to have possesion is a Felony.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Did Mr Gates have a reciept for the handcuffs that were and are the property of Cambridge, MA.? If not then he needs to be put back into those very cuffs! I didnt know you were given the set of handcuffs you were arrested with. Does this happen with every arrest? I think not! If he didnt steal them then who gave them to him and were they leagally able to? Or was it simply done out of sight? Either way its stolen City Property in my book and to have possesion is a Felony.

Yeah, that misappropriation of public property thing.:whistling:
*cough*!

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
No, no, no, no, no, no! It's not a felony if they were stolen by a protected class of peoples who were downtrodden, emancipated, but still permitted to throw it in the face of everyone not of their class or ilk, and to forever carry a chip on their shoulder for the white man, regardless of his national origin or participation in said bondage.

I agree, it's stolen property unless the officer was forced by his superiors to give the handcuffs to the ass hole. If that's the case, you can bet your ass the order came from one of Barack's lackeys playing the race card on his behalf. Nothing surprises me with that crowd.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
The thing that amazes me is that he thinks the things are of any historical significance what-so-ever. That just seems to be the height of conceit. JMHO. Oh, wasn't it that ego that got him into trouble in the first place????

brazospete

Did Mr Gates have a reciept for the handcuffs that were and are the property of Cambridge, MA.? If not then he needs to be put back into those very cuffs! I didnt know you were given the set of handcuffs you were arrested with. Does this happen with every arrest? I think not! If he didnt steal them then who gave them to him and were they legally able to? Or was it simply done out of sight? Either way its stolen City Property in my book and to have possesion is a Felony.
Darnit yu beat me toit! I was gonna ask how dumb are those cops to let a black perp steal their cuffs!

mak2

Did you guys forget he was arrested on his own front porch? After being in his own home. I think if he wants to have a chip on his shoulder in his own home, he should be able to.

Not long ago on this very forum there was some guy portrayed as a hero becasue he was harrassing border guards into arresting him. Hummm.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Hell I was arrested on my own front porch before. I was POLITE to the officers and they did not cuff me or print me. And this was for shooting a guy's truck with him in it. I did not deny it and they never asked to see the weapon One thing I learned a long time ago was if the man has you be polite and it don't hurt near as bad. Courtesy begets courtesy.:flowers:

mak2

Yea, but. I am real big on personal rights. From what the police officer said at the time when the prof went back out on the porch he (the police officer) knew he was the owner of the house. He never made a resonable explanation why he arrested a man on his own property. You should not have to be nice in your own home.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
The jerk was using his FOB (Friend of Barry)status in an attempt to dissuade the officer from following thru with his official business. If there was nothing to hide, it makes no sense to piss off the police just because you have friends in the White House. Besides, why would you want to embarrass your influential friend by taunting a police officer? Oh, that's right, because "The Man" was coming down on him and oppressing him. Give me a break.

mak2

Besides everything else, police need, or should need, a damn good reason to come on your property to start with. Investigating a break in is one, but the police knew he was the owner before they arrested him, when they knew he was the owner and him and his property was not in danger the officical buisness was over. He does not need to be nice, polite or anything else in his own home. Period. I cant beleive how many of our rights we just piss away.

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
From Wikipedia.

On July 16, 2009, Gates returned home from a trip to China to find the door to his house jammed. His driver attempted to help him gain entrance. A passer-by called police reporting a possible break-in and a Cambridge police officer was dispatched. The resulting confrontation resulted in Gates being arrested and charged with disorderly conduct. Prosecutors later dropped the charges.[13] The incident spurred a politically charged exchange of views about race relations and law enforcement throughout the United States. The arrest garnered national attention which eventually led to an invitation to the White House by President Barack Obama for a beer to discuss race relations.[14]
Here are further details, according to the police report filed by arresting Officer James Crowley with the Cambridge Police Deptment: Officer Crowley arrived on the scene and first talked to the neighbour who called the police about a possible break-in in progress. Crowley then went to the house and asked the man in the house (Gates) if he would step out onto the porch and speak with him. Gates replied "no I will not".
Crowley next identified himself and stated he was investigating a report of a break in progress (sic). Gates then opened the door and said, "why, because I am a black man in America?". Crowley's report then stated that Gates said that "I had no idea who I was 'messing' with". Gates began yelling at Crowley.
Crowley entered the house, after which Gates gave Crowley his Harvard ID, confirming Gates was in his own residence. Gates continued yelling at Crowley, repeatedly asking for his name. Crowley stated he provided his name each time it was requested. After the third request, Crowley started out of the residence and informed Gates if he had any further questions regarding the matter he would speak with him outside of the residence. Gates replied, "ya, I'll speak with your mama outside".
Gates was continuing to yell at Crowley and was warned he was becoming disorderly. As Gates continued to yell he was warned to calm down as Crowley withdrew his handcuffs. Gates continued to ignore another warning, still yelling at Crowley. At this time Gates was put into handcuffs and arrested. Gates was booked for disorderly conduct after “exhibiting loud and tumultuous behaviour, in a public place”, due to his behaviour after walking outside of the house.

If this is accurate, I think Gates had a chip on his shoulder to begin with.

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Yea, but. I am real big on personal rights. From what the police officer said at the time when the prof went back out on the porch he (the police officer) knew he was the owner of the house. He never made a resonable explanation why he arrested a man on his own property. You should not have to be nice in your own home.

So it's one's right to berate law enforcement when they're on your property with probable cause? Just askin' .....

mak2

So it's one's right to berate law enforcement when they're on your property with probable cause? Just askin' .....

Actually yes, and if you read the account above, what right did the officer have to arrest the owner of the house? The police no longer had probably cause, so why did the police officer insist the prof come outside to be arrested? It really bothers me people dont understand this.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Actually yes, and if you read the account above, what right did the officer have to arrest the owner of the house? The police no longer had probably cause, so why did the police officer insist the prof come outside to be arrested? It really bothers me people dont understand this.
It bothers me that you side with with someone who's irrational behavior does not fit the personality of a Harvard Professor. "Going ghetto" on the police officer is certainly what we expect from Harvard professors...yeah, right. :whistling: If you want to maintain the defense of the strictest point of law, then why was not the officer fired for his actions if he was outside of the law? Could it be because he felt his life might be in danger because of the perp's behavior? Wild perception on my part? Actually, just about as wild as your defense. Neither of us were there, and the reports are hearsay. As for me, I would act like a rational person in the presence of a police officer who was asking me questions. Sadly, being a pasty honkey of Eastern European extraction, I am unable to "go ghetto" on anyone. It's just not one of my genetic markers.

And what about the neighbor? Maybe he was pissed about having a black guy moving into his neighborhood, and was trying to make trouble for him. Not everyone is excited about neighborhood integration like the feel good liberals. Maybe this is a KKK plot to run the professor out of the hood and back to where he came from. You know you can't trust them guys in the white sheets...or any white person when a black is involved. You just know all white people are racists.

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter

Actually, the officer was trying to leave, when Gates kept berating him. After multiple warnings, Gates was arrested. The cop didn't ask Gates to, "come on outside so I can arrest you."

mak2

It bothers me that you side with with someone who's irrational behavior does not fit the personality of a Harvard Professor. "Going ghetto" on the police officer is certainly what we expect from Harvard professors...yeah, right. :whistling: If you want to maintain the defense of the strictest point of law, then why was not the officer fired for his actions if he was outside of the law? Could it be because he felt his life might be in danger because of the perp's behavior? Wild perception on my part? Actually, just about as wild as your defense. Neither of us were there, and the reports are hearsay. As for me, I would act like a rational person in the presence of a police officer who was asking me questions. Sadly, being a pasty honkey of Eastern European extraction, I am unable to "go ghetto" on anyone. It's just not one of my genetic markers.

And what about the neighbor? Maybe he was pissed about having a black guy moving into his neighborhood, and was trying to make trouble for him. Not everyone is excited about neighborhood integration like the feel good liberals. Maybe this is a KKK plot to run the professor out of the hood and back to where he came from. You know you can't trust them guys in the white sheets...or any white person when a black is involved. You just know all white people are racists.

JEV read carefully. I did not say anything about Gates being right. I did not side with Gates. I am on the side of my and your personal freedoms. "Perp", the guy was in his own house. The police can come on your property to protect it or you or someone. Per the policemans own story he knew Gates owned the house, he knew he and his property was not in danger. At that point, even if gates was talkng about his mama or what ever, the officer should have left. By the way the neighbor was a passerby that did not know him. It does not amtter anyway. When the police officer knew the homeowner was safe and so was his property he should have left.

I have tried to leave somewhere I was being berated. I jsut left. Do you really think someone should be arrested for not being polite to police on his own proprety?

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
I have tried to leave somewhere I was being berated. I jsut left. Do you really think someone should be arrested for not being polite to police on his own proprety?

Were you charged with the responsibilty to protect the public when you were so berated? Not being polite to a cop won't get you arrested. Acting like a a raving lunatic (no matter where you are) will usually get you arrested if done in the presence of a police officer who has already warned you 3 times to stop acting like a raving lunatic.

mak2

Were you charged with the responsibilty to protect the public when you were so berated? Not being polite to a cop won't get you arrested. Acting like a a raving lunatic (no matter where you are) will usually get you arrested if done in the presence of a police officer who has already warned you 3 times to stop acting like a raving lunatic.

If I am not mistaken it is not against the law to be a jerk. He did not appear to be a danger to himself or others. Really, why are you arguing the point?

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
If I am not mistaken it is not against the law to be a jerk. He did not appear to be a danger to himself or others. Really, why are you arguing the point?

I'm not arguing that it's against the law to be a jerk or less than polite. It's just that I don't view Professor Gates' behaviour to be so benign as you see it.

mak2

OK, what should he have been arrested for? I watched the police version and the professor's version. He was being a harmless asshole. Hell I could get arrested for that. The police office said, when asked point blank, when he told Gates to come out on the porch he (the officer) was sure he was the homeowner. Gates never threatened anything or anyone.