• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tragedy in the household ... almost

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Cork broke in half. WTF? So I fish it out with a corkscrew, only to have the half that is stuck then break in half vertically. Double WTF? Fine, its out. Now I have a wonderful Rye Whiskey & Bourbon blend that is airing out without a cork to reseal it. Oh, and contrary to what most might think reading my bourbon review thread, I'm not a big drinker so tipping back the bottle is not any sort of an option.

20 minutes later I find a suitable stopper and saved the bottle from an eternal airing out. Negative praise and plenty of condemnation to the household of the Turkey for using an inferior cork.

imagejpg1_zps48e36ba4.jpg

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Cork broke in half. WTF? So I fish it out with a corkscrew, only to have the half that is stuck then break in half vertically. Double WTF? Fine, its out. Now I have a wonderful Rye Whiskey & Bourbon blend that is airing out without a cork to reseal it. Oh, and contrary to what most might think reading my bourbon review thread, I'm not a big drinker so tipping back the bottle is not any sort of an option.

20 minutes later I find a suitable stopper and saved the bottle from an eternal airing out. Negative praise and plenty of condemnation to the household of the Turkey for using an inferior cork.

imagejpg1_zps48e36ba4.jpg
Be prepared. Get yourself a handful of those stoppers that adjust just by turning the metal latch on the top (like an old style thermos stopper)

A couple of bucks buys you a dozen.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Somewhere I have a limited edition "Ducks Unlimited" stopper from special bottle of Jack Daniels Single Barrel, but I couldn't find that one so I dug around and found several different wine bottle stoppers, one of them was a perfect fit for this bottle.