• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Time to dry sausages again.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Mixed up the Sopressata last night and let it sit overnight to meld the flavors. Then today a ham radio friend came by after we went to lunch at the Chinese buffet, and helped out stuffing the sausage. This is HIM, not me. Last year I made 15 pounds, and that was too much. So this year I cut back and this batch was just 9#.

Attachments

• DSC_0192.jpg
    DSC_0192.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 279
  • DSC_0193.jpg
    DSC_0193.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 273

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
There is no such thing as too much sausage. Hoping to get some made and smoked before the month ends. Been too busy keeping warm and doctoring to get at it. Will your attic be too cold to age it? I know the smoke house gets too cold if you don't watch the temp carefully.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Just pulled the 2014 batch from the attic today. They lost about 50% of their weight since January 17th, and the flavor is very nice. I'll be vacuum sealing the rest of them tomorrow for long term storage.I just enjoyed a little pile of thin slices with a bunch of white cheddar Cheeze-Itz.

Attached Images
attachment.php

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Just pulled the 2014 batch from the attic today.

Jev , Why the attic ??? Do they need to dry out slowly ? Whats the temps in the attic ?
Yesm they need to dry slowly. These were in the garage attic separate from the house attic. The attic is ventilated by the lanced soffit at the eves that are about 22' on each side. Air movement is good, and there is also vent-a-ridge the entire length. Not sure what the temp is, but it's pretty cool up there, and the drying process only takes about 5-6 weeks. This is the third year I've hung them up there.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
You do realize that statement is an oxymoron, right?
Too much for MY use (all things in moderation). I actually enjoy making them, and wouldn't mind making more, but I'm not going to make them without having some help. Some of this batch will go to my buddy who helped me this year,