• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Just what we need

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
HB 1388 PASSED

Whether you are an Obama fan, or not, EVERYONE IN THE U.S. needs to know
that something happened... H.R. 1388 was passed, behind our backs. You may want to read about it... It wasn ' t mentioned on the news... just went by on the ticker tape at the bottom of the CNN screen.

Doubtful? To verify this for yourself PLEASE click here: www.thefederalregister.com/d.p/2009-02-04-E9-2488

Obama funds $20M in tax payer dollars to immigrate Hamas Refugees to the USA. This is the news that didn't make the headlines...

By executive order, President Barack Obama has ordered the expenditure of $20.3 million in "migration assistance" to the Palestinian refugees and "conflict victims" in Gaza

The "presidential determination," which allows hundreds of thousands of Palestinians with ties to Hamas to resettle in the United States, was signed and appears in the Federal Register.

Few on Capitol Hill, or in the media, took note that the order provides a free ticket replete with housing and food allowances to individuals who have displayed their overwhelming support to the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas) in the parliamentary election of January 2006.

Now we learn that he is allowing thousands of Palestinian refuges to move to, and live in, the US at American taxpayer expense.

These important, and insightful, issues are being "lost" in the blinding bail-outs and "stimulation" packages.

Doubtful? To verify this for yourself
PLEASE click here: www.thefederalregister.com/d.p/2009-02-04-E9-2488

PLEASE PASS THIS ON... America needs to know WE ARE LOSING THIS COUNTRY at a rapid pace.

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Oh i believe it - without fact checking. O is a 1 termmer - u whatch.

grizzer

The initial $20M was quickie payback for Code Pink HAMAS Jodie Evans bundling Arab cash thru Gaza for the 2008 election.

Obama followed up with another $900 Million.

2010 request was $400 Million.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
One of my unofficial jobs at my old position was that of Rumor Control Officer; it looks as if that may end up being the case here as well.

This post promotes the false impression that HR 1388 (also referred to above as "HB 1388"), which was passed by Congress and signed into law by President Obama in 2009, allocated taxpayer funds to resettle Hamas refugees in the United States. It did not.

HR 1388, The E.M. Kennedy Serve America Act, simply revised and reauthorized existing federal public service programs (such as AmeriCorps) to increase their scope and funding. (It did not, contrary to another false rumor, make public service "mandatory.") Far from being passed "behind our backs," the legislation won media attention during House and Senate debates, passed Congress with bipartisan support, and was signed into law with all the usual public BS.

It IS true that in January 2009 President Obama signed an unrelated memorandum to the U.S. State Dept. (not an executive order, but comparable to one) authorizing $20.3 million in humanitarian aid to Palestinian refugees in Gaza. However, as anyone can easily ascertain by just reading the document (http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog_post/relief_for_gaza/), the memorandum did not order, request, or even propose the resettlement of said refugees in the United States.

I note that the original posting makes all this look like something that just happened, when the actual events took place last year, one in January and the other in October. None of this is recent and there is no action urgently needed. As much as I'd like to see Obama sacked, we ourselves will lose credibility is we resort to repeating old, and patently untrue, rumors.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Obama's mid east policy is pretty clear. Among other things:

Gave a speech in Cairo crediting the Muslims with, among other things, arches and spires, the printing press, our understanding of disease and how to cure it, algebra, the pen.

Refused to meet the Dalai Lama in the Oval office and photo oped him being sent out the back door past the garbage. This has to be deliberate as I doubt the WH stacks garbage bags anywhere near the doors.

Sat the Israel PM outside the Oval Office for 3 hours while the bombster went to lunch.

The aid packages cited specifically go to Palestinians, not Gaza or any Israeli's. I wonder how much of the blocked aid ships we paid for. This incidentally, is old news, first signing on Jan 27, 2009 a week after taking office if memory serves. This was done without any input from congress, not that it would have mattered.

Now today I hear that there has been invitation to a state dinner at the G 8 summit extended to China. Accepted.

Is it any wonder that our only ally in the mid east feels that it must go it alone?

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
One of my unofficial jobs at my old position was that of Rumor Control Officer; it looks as if that may end up being the case here as well.

This post promotes the false impression that HR 1388 (also referred to above as "HB 1388"), which was passed by Congress and signed into law by President Obama in 2009, allocated taxpayer funds to resettle Hamas refugees in the United States. It did not.

HR 1388, The E.M. Kennedy Serve America Act, simply revised and reauthorized existing federal public service programs (such as AmeriCorps) to increase their scope and funding. (It did not, contrary to another false rumor, make public service "mandatory.") Far from being passed "behind our backs," the legislation won media attention during House and Senate debates, passed Congress with bipartisan support, and was signed into law with all the usual public BS.

It IS true that in January 2009 President Obama signed an unrelated memorandum to the U.S. State Dept. (not an executive order, but comparable to one) authorizing $20.3 million in humanitarian aid to Palestinian refugees in Gaza. However, as anyone can easily ascertain by just reading the document (http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog_post/relief_for_gaza/), the memorandum did not order, request, or even propose the resettlement of said refugees in the United States.

I note that the original posting makes all this look like something that just happened, when the actual events took place last year, one in January and the other in October. None of this is recent and there is no action urgently needed. As much as I'd like to see Obama sacked, we ourselves will lose credibility is we resort to repeating old, and patently untrue, rumors.

Your take on this is right on. The confusion comes with the use of the word refugees in the orders. As I stated above, this is old news. I have been unable to find any evidence of any Gaza refugee being resettled here. My problem is with the overall mid east policy. I have a problem with the treatment of Israel. I have a problem with state dinners with China and Mexico, and the deliberate dissing of our allies.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Your take on this is right on. The confusion comes with the use of the word refugees in the orders. As I stated above, this is old news. I have been unable to find any evidence of any Gaza refugee being resettled here. My problem is with the overall mid east policy. I have a problem with the treatment of Israel. I have a problem with state dinners with China and Mexico, and the deliberate dissing of our allies.

My problem is with the fact that a cheap Chicago politician was elected POTUS. Everything since then has been pretty much what one would expect from someone who was a part of King Richard the Second's Kingdom of Chicago Election Machine. Corruption, poor judgment, and totally incompetent decisions.

The things you have noted also bother me, but we have a chance to start changing thing in November. By the looks of the early primaries, we may just get it done.