• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Why do public bathroom doors..............

Bamby

Why do public bathroom doors generally need pulled to exit the bathroom? I've observed way way to many people who utilize the bathroom resources and leave without washing their hands.

On doors that can pushed open to exit I can utilize my elbow to push the door open leaving my hands clean. But most doors need pulled to exit and this sometimes is well inconvenient. On the few remaining bathrooms with paper products a bit of paper can be used to grasp and pull the handle and then disposed of. But it's tea total disgusting situation in most paperless situations.

Having to handle a door pull after who knows how many people utilized the resources without washing their hands makes for some disgusting thoughts as a person unwraps their sandwich, or grabs a fry after being forced to handle the damn disgusting door-pull yourself right before you sat down to eat.

A lot of folks are nasty.... :hammer::hammer:

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I guess the only fix would be to carry a small bottle of antibacterial handwash in your pocket to use after opening the door.
Mike

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
If there are paper towels available, I use a clean piece to pull the door, then find a receptacle to toss it in after, or pull my sleeve down over my hand.
Always carry Purell too.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I NEVER eat any fast food,...................... Jus Sayin

Don't matter.
Ever go to Menard's to shop?
Use the cart handle, door handles, handle money...
Leave the store, go out to your car/truck.
Driving home, your eye itches, your nose itches, you scratch because it's the unconscious reaction.
Boom.
Bacterial transfer.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Then every building I know of is screwed.
Walk through your house. What doors don't open into a room?

Bamby

My bathroom door opens into the hallway. And it works out better for a lot of reasons.

My basement door opens into the foyer and it was installed that way for safety reasons.

So there are some reasons for doors not opening into a room.

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter

its not about "opening into a room", its about exit travel routes.

also your house,(probably) and has an occupancy of less than 50 people.

(b) Exit, exit access and exit discharge doors shall swing out with the exit travel except that exit access doors from individual rooms need not swing with exit travel when the room occupancy is less than 50 persons.

https://www.pacode.com/secure/data/034/chapter50/chap50toc.html