• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

FM radio on its way out

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
It sounds like the government runs it there. If they didn't have so many commercials I might listen to it more.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
What is DAB?

I prefer our local FM stations to XM / Sirius radio. FM is free. AM does not have near the range. Give me the commercials and free over 20 bucks a month or even 5 a month for XM.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
What is DAB?

I prefer our local FM stations to XM / Sirius radio. FM is free. AM does not have near the range. Give me the commercials and free over 20 bucks a month or even 5 a month for XM.

Damn Asshole Bastard!

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I wish'd I could get xm up here the only 2 stations in town are religious programing and there is the liberal public radio also elevator music. I would love some cw and talk radio

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I'm to cheap to pay for cable but there are two music channels here pop/rock (all kinds) and country. I call them the poor man's MTV and that's what I usually listen to.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I wish'd I could get xm up here the only 2 stations in town are religious programing and there is the liberal public radio also elevator music. I would love some cw and talk radio

XM runs off satellite. The satellites can't see you up there?

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
If you have good cell service and a good data plan Pandora is a great option. I'm paying $4/month for the commercial free service. I haven't listened to commercial radio for years, crap music selection and useless adds that have nothing to do with my wants or needs!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I hope digital broadcast radio works better then digital broadcast TV, because after all the TV stations went digital here in my location in Vermont, I went from getting 7 broadcast stations to 0. That's right, zero.

Tried a high quality UHF dish type antenna with amps to no avail.

All the new digital broadcast stations went to UHF. The VHF number they still indentify with is a virtual number only. Means nothing in terms of reception. VHF TV was a lot better in mountainous terrain then UHF.

Good luck to the Norwegians. I hear they have a few mountains there.

ravcosales

I podcast almost everything so FM wouldn't be that much of a loss.

Does Norway use their radio for emergency services?

jask

Do you have access to the internet at home and work? I have been listening to internet streaming radio ever since a new "kid" at work plugged her iphone into my old stereo... lots of choice, good music, no commercials... I feel like i might be doing something illegal, or at least dirty ;)
seriously though, I have found a couple really good stations and if you need any tips or pointer I am happy to walk you through it.