• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What States are the Freest? This Map Shows Americans Where to Go If You Crave Liberty

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
AMAC and the John Locke Foundtion of South Carolina have ranked states by several different criteria like Educational Freedom, Health Care Choice Freedom, Regulatory Freedom, etc. They took each state and ranked them by these (and other) individual factors, and they also combined all these factor for a total freedom ranking.

Where does your state rank? Mine is #3 overall. http://amac.us/states-freest-map-shows-americans-go-crave-liberty/

The John Locke Foundation just published its First In Freedom Index, a report that compares and ranks the relative freedom of all fifty states.

The North Carolina-based think tank says it has an institutional commitment to “individual liberty and limited, constitutional government,” weighed four different variables to compile the rankings.

The most significant consideration was fiscal policy, which measures taxes and budgetary measures. This aspect generated 50 percent of each state’s score, with 20 percent given each to education and regulatory policies, and the final 10 percent to health care policy.

The overall results from the report show:

The ‘freest’ state is Florida, followed by Arizona, Indiana, South Dakota, and Georgia.
The ‘least free’ state is New York, followed by New Jersey, California, West Virginia, and Kentucky​

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 82

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Based soley on FISCAL policy of the state:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 89

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Based on EDUCATIONAL freedoms:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 88

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks a lot differentwhen baed on REGULATORY freedoms:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 91

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
And for HEALTH CARE freedom the map looks loke this:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 87

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Very informative. It would be interesting to see one on gun laws as well, as I consider that a very large part of the freedom equation.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Gun Law Score Card according to the ultra left wing Brady Bull Shit Group. For us non commies a score of F is good, A is bad. How is your state doing?

Screen Shot 2015-02-24 at 3.02.58 PM.png

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good stuff guys.
The most shocking to me is that NY and CA are in the top 10 with lowest gun deaths. :eek:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good stuff guys.
The most shocking to me is that NY and CA are in the top 10 with lowest gun deaths. :eek:

NYC had a great record of reducing all violence under the past 2 mayors. Both ramped up police departments. And given that NYC has a bigger population than the rest of the state, that modest rate helped the whole state average. It will be interesting to see what happens under the current Mayor who seems to be at odds with his own police department, who cut back the 'frisk' techniques employed by the police. I'm curious if violence/crime/murder climbs again?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good stuff guys.
You can bet your ass there's an asterisk next to whatever generated that statistic.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Good stuff guys.

You can bet your ass there's an asterisk next to whatever generated that statistic.
Try to ignore the BS stats about "gun deaths". I have no idea where they got their numbers, and I'm not all that gung-ho
to find out, but they are so far out of sync with the FBI stats that they are a joke ... albeit, not a funny one. :hammer:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Try to ignore the BS stats about "gun deaths". I have no idea where they got their numbers, and I'm not all that gung-ho
to find out, but they are so far out of sync with the FBI stats that they are a joke ... albeit, not a funny one. :hammer:

Correct!! Pay attention to the map portion of the pic, not the silly bullshit grading and hope your state gets an F. Nothing pisses off those twits more then to see a state get an F yet have low gun violence. They have learned very well from the global warming comedians on how to skew the facts into ones favor.