• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

G.O.P. establishment signals attack on TEA party Senator

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
And they begin to eat their own as they try to save the tired establishment from the TEA party members who saved them in 2010 and gave the GOP enough votes to win the US House, make gains in many state houses & senates and take several state governors. But it looks like Freshman US Senator Mike Lee, one of the TEA party favorites, may be challenged FROM THE LEFT by an establishment GOP hack.

This is EXACTLY WHY there are no political donations going to the GOP from my household :hammer:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...y-War-Against-Utah-Tea-Party-Senator-Mike-Lee

GOP ESTABLISHMENT SIGNALS PRIMARY FIGHT AGAINST TEA PARTY FAVORITE MIKE LEE

On Tuesday, 79-year old Senator Orrin Hatch (R-UT), now serving his seventh term in the Senate, signaled that he and other members of the Republican establishment are likely to encourage a primary challenge to first term Senator Mike Lee (R-UT).

Lee upset former Senator Robert Bennett (R-UT) in the 2010 Utah Republican primary convention in the Tea Party's first major primary win over a Republican establishment politician.

Hatch told the Deseret News and KSL NewsRadio that "it's time now... for Lee and other tea party Republicans to be 'rehabilitated' for refusing to pass a budget bill needed to keep the government operating unless money for the act better known as Obamacare was removed."

Hatch pointedly refused to endorse Lee for re-election to the Senate in 2016. "I'm not going to get into endorsements at this point in any way," he said.

Hatch also criticized Lee's tactics in the Senate. "The tactics were not the right tactics. It takes experience sometimes to make sure you can use the right tactics," he stated.

Former Utah Governor and 2012 Republican presidential candidate Jon Huntsman has also joined the establishment crowd attacking Lee. The Washington Post reported on Tuesday that Huntsman "said Lee has bucked a trend of senators who work to grow this small state in a way that makes people proud." According to Huntsman, in Utah "[y]ou don’t have ideological wack-jobs... For all of its labeling as a red state, underneath it all Utah is a pretty pragmatic Western state, a just-get-it-done ethos.”

Spencer Zwick, a Utah resident who was a key member of Mitt Romney's 2012 presidential campaign's leadership team, also criticized Lee. "Business leaders that I talk to, many of whom supported him, would never support his reelection and in fact will work against him, myself included," Zwick told the Post. According to Zwick, Lee is just a "showhorse."

Zions Bank President A. Scott Anderson, a major Republican donor in Utah, said, "I think people admire him for sticking to his guns and principles, but I think there are growing frustrations... If things are to happen, you can’t just stick to your principles. You have to make things work... You’ve got to be practical."

The Post reported that a potential Republican establishment challenger to Lee has already surfaced in "Thomas Wright, who stepped down this spring as chairman of the Utah Republican Party." According to the Post, "Wright said he is considering running against Lee in 2016 because he has grown 'exasperated' with the junior senator’s governing style."

Touching on an often used Republican establishment theme, Wright said, "I want to work with people to get things done. I want to go be a leader and build bridges, not burn them down."

If early signs from Utah are any indication, the entire Republican establishment is looking to burn down every bridge to the Tea Party movement around the country in the 2014 primaries.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
No surprises here.

The Tea's seem to represent the only obstacle in the way of complete capitulation by the GOP to the Progressive movement in our Congress. To achieve that goal, they really need vilify true conservatizes with in the party.

An essential strategic move before the upcoming primaries when the people, not the party, get to decide by whom they will be represented.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I can see it now. Because of this childish bickering by the old guard republicans who are acting like demorats, Hillary will be the next president. There I said it. Now I want to move to Canada.

Kane

I can see it now. Because of this childish bickering by the old guard republicans who are acting like demorats, Hillary will be the next president. There I said it. Now I want to move to Canada.
No shit. If the liberals take the House in 2014, I'll be in Costa Rica long before the presidential elections in 2016.

Amerika is doomed.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Seems to me the TEA's are the only politicians who webnt to DC and voted on issues exactly as they promised to do to those by whome they were elected. Does it not seem odd that they are being pilloried for standing firm on the promises made? For doing, on the flor of the Senate and the House, exactly what they said they would do?

We don't elect Republicans or Democrats to office. Under a Republic, WE THE PEOPLE, in each separate region of our nation, elect "REPRESENTATIVES"

I would suggest based on recent events, including the loss of Virginia's govenorship, the GOP does not represent the people by whom they were elected. The old guard GOP is the Elephant in the room. I do HOPE we can CHANGE things next November.

Kane

Seems to me the TEA's are the only politicians who webnt to DC and voted on issues exactly as they promised to do to those by whome they were elected.

We don't elect Republicans or Democrats to office. Under a Republic, WE THE PEOPLE, in each separate region of our nation, elect "REPRESENTATIVES"
The GOP desperately needs a candidate with the balls to nail Hillary "what does it matter" Clinton to the wall with her murderous politicalization of the Behghazi gun-running episode ... all to save the Hussein re-election.

Alas, the GOP will probably nominate another RINO like John McCain, who lacked the balls to confront Hussein's Muslim/Communist/anti-American heritage. Or another RINO like Mitt Romney, who lacked the balls to take on Hussein's murderous role in Benghazi, and then disappeared the final two weeks of the campaign. The GOP will likely nominate another candidate that insists upon playing nice with Hillary, avoiding appropriate negative campaigning at all costs.

The GOP will probably nominate another moderate RINO ... Chris Christie. Yeah, Chris Christie; the guy that gave slobbering gay-hugs to Hussien.

Does anyone honestly believe that Hillary Clinton isn't already mobilizing another technology-driven campaign with David Axlerod? Does anyone actually believe that the GOP will mount an effective campaign offensive prior to the 2016 primaries? ... leaving a mere 4 months to do the job right?

Does anyone believe that the GOP will have a clear campaign message of conservative values? ... and not piss away another election going middle of the road?