• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A failed attempt at friendship

Gunsrus

These last two weeks have taught me one thing: you can never be too sure of how genuine people are. I was starting to get to know one of the local librarians. She was the youngest of the three that are working at the Escuela Oficial de Idiomas in Gerona.

To my eyes and ears, she seemed like a nice person. We talked a few times, we were starting to get to know each other and then today, the shit hit the fan, hard and I did absolutely but be on my best behavior.

The day before I came to the library to ask about a few things and then all of a sudden, one of the secretaries came in to relieve Georgina, her name was. She left and then I went to find one of the tutors to ask him a question. I came back to the library and Georgina had gone back to her desk. One of the other secretaries was there. I was confused and didn't know what to do, never having been in the position of seeing people switch around on such short notice, so I left.

Now, the next day, I went to the library and apologized to Georgina for leaving so abruptly. I explained to her that I didn't know what to do because things had happened very rapidly and that I didn't want to interrupt anything.

Georgina didn't react. She said nothing and even looked away from me. She could've said, it doesn't matter, or no need to worry, but no, she just switched off.

Now, what kind of a girl does this to a man who sincerely apologizes for leaving abruptly, I've got to ask you?

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
These last two weeks have taught me one thing: you can never be too sure of how genuine people are. I was starting to get to know one of the local librarians. She was the youngest of the three that are working at the Escuela Oficial de Idiomas in Gerona.

To my eyes and ears, she seemed like a nice person. We talked a few times, we were starting to get to know each other and then today, the shit hit the fan, hard and I did absolutely but be on my best behavior.

The day before I came to the library to ask about a few things and then all of a sudden, one of the secretaries came in to relieve Georgina, her name was. She left and then I went to find one of the tutors to ask him a question. I came back to the library and Georgina had gone back to her desk. One of the other secretaries was there. I was confused and didn't know what to do, never having been in the position of seeing people switch around on such short notice, so I left.

Now, the next day, I went to the library and apologized to Georgina for leaving so abruptly. I explained to her that I didn't know what to do because things had happened very rapidly and that I didn't want to interrupt anything.

Georgina didn't react. She said nothing and even looked away from me. She could've said, it doesn't matter, or no need to worry, but no, she just switched off.

Now, what kind of a girl does this to a man who sincerely apologizes for leaving abruptly, I've got to ask you?

If I had to guess - and that seems to be what you're asking for - I'd say Georgina wasn't as "into" the fledgling relationship
as you thought, and the other gals were running interference for her at her request. Then again, since I'm on your
Ignore List, you'll never see this reasonable answer will you? Oh well ...

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Georgiana kind of girl. Women are a strange creature, and regardless of your sincerity, they will always be right, and men will always be wrong. Suck it up and move on. You will never be able to achieve all of your relationship goals as long as you're dealing with human beings. Get a nice Labrador retriever who will love you unconditionally.

Attachments

• Dog comfort.jpg
    Dog comfort.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 155

Gunsrus

You're just now finding out what a fickle species women are?

Why are they fickle?

Georgiana kind of girl. Women are a strange creature, and regardless of your sincerity, they will always be right, and men will always be wrong. Suck it up and move on. You will never be able to achieve all of your relationship goals as long as you're dealing with human beings. Get a nice Labrador retriever who will love you unconditionally.

I must admit this is true. It's an absolute that no human deny. Dogs are unconditionally loyal. I've owned dogs and seen it for myself. I valued them very much for their devotion. Yeah, I do intend to move on. I won't let this one person get me down. I've never let anyone do that to me. It's her loss, not mine.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Why are they fickle?
That's one of the questions that's gone unanswered since the beginning of time.

I must admit this is true. It's an absolute that no human deny. Dogs are unconditionally loyal. I've owned dogs and seen it for myself. I valued them very much for their devotion. Yeah, I do intend to move on. I won't let this one person get me down. I've never let anyone do that to me. It's her loss, not mine.
Do you know how to tell who likes and appreciates you more? (Your woman or your dog).

Lock both of them in the trunk of your car for an hour and drive around. See which is happy to see you after you open the trunk.

Leni

I agree with Danang Sailor. As a member of the fickle 1/2 of the human race it sounds to me like you crossed a line even though you didn't realize it. The other girls are running interferrence for her most likely at her request. Been there, done that.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I agree with Danang Sailor. As a member of the fickle 1/2 of the human race it sounds to me like you crossed a line even though you didn't realize it. The other girls are running interferrence for her most likely at her request. Been there, done that.
He may have crossed a line, but she's a coward for not letting him know WHAT he did. She will be high maintenance for some poor sap, and probably leave him when the money runs out.

Gunsrus

If I had to guess - and that seems to be what you're asking for - I'd say Georgina wasn't as "into" the fledgling relationship
as you thought, and the other gals were running interference for her at her request. Then again, since I'm on your
Ignore List, you'll never see this reasonable answer will you? Oh well ...

Well, I've taken you off my ignore list. My interested was piqued by Leni's reference to the comment in your post. I don't hold grudges. There may have been heat between us a while back, but I am not a vengeful person. I never hold grudges. I let bygones be bygones if the people I have a problem with post interesting and reasonable stuff, like you. Thanks for the post in this thread.

True, Georgina may have asked the others to interfere. I wondered if it was a coincidence that the secretaries stepped in when they did. It makes perfect sense that they came in to push me away.

Well, this is one of life's lessons. I'll take heed of it.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Sometimes it is a thin line between friendship and stalking. I think it is hard this day and age for many gals to see the difference. They will get worried with the horrible crap that seems to happen in some cases. You just need to not cross that line, realize when your welcome is worn out and respect that line when it happens otherwise it becomes stalking.

Gunsrus

Sometimes it is a thin line between friendship and stalking. I think it is hard this day and age for many gals to see the difference. They will get worried with the horrible crap that seems to happen in some cases. You just need to not cross that line, realize when your welcome is worn out and respect that line when it happens otherwise it becomes stalking.

I appreciate your thoughts, mtntopper. I certainly did not mean to stalk this young woman. I intend to leave her alone. I would like to understand why, not having behaved lecherously or unpleasantly to her, that she would think I was stalking her. I was polite to her. I was kind to her. I never insisted on anything or acted forcibly.

Please, everyone, help me to see why girls think as mtntopper has suggested.

Reuben Goldberg

There are always two sides to every story, and with what we know about Gunsrus, my bet is young Georgina's version is a lulu. Seems her girlfriends did their best to run someone out of the library.

By the way, just who goes to the library nowadays? .... I mean besides pervs and homeless people?

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
To hell with all this kissy-face advice.

Go up to her and say "Tickle your ass with a feather?"
If she smiles, well, great job and have fun!

If she snarls, say "What? Typical nasty weather!"
And move on.

Leni

We are dealing with different cultures here. It's also a lot different from when I was dating. I felt vulnerable if a guy came on too strong and I just wanted to get away from him. Too many guys would not take 'no' for an answer.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
By the way, just who goes to the library nowadays?QUOTE]

me, & many others, too. & how dare you indicate a vast link of local libraries, or college libraries, mean none other than borrowing a book nearby is wrong. there is so much to a library, these daze.
kiddos ought be in school libraries, then w/ a Parent/caretaker thereafter. reading is essential. often, -$30/$40 a book- minimum- if purchased. library- $0.00.

Last edited:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
reading isn't an issue. reading engages one's mind. we, read. interpret. think. i'll opt to read. usually why i fade away. watch incessant t.v. if yinz prefer. your loss.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i was left to get med treatment. he said (him, in my own home)-if i sought treatment, he was leaving to a new area.-fraidy cat. i gave him my blessing. let's see him that ill, than be ditched. he said he could not see me so ill. ummmm- i was/i'm that person living that illness. shame on his adult self.

Kane

I was starting to get to know one of the local librarians. She was the youngest of the three that are working at the Escuela Oficial de Idiomas in Gerona.
Let's get this into perspective before we all assume that Miss Georgina is just being "fickle". How young is "young"? ... and how old are you, Gunsrus?

There are always two sides to every story, and with what we know about Gunsrus, my bet is young Georgina's version is a lulu.
Maybe Georgina had good reason to run. After all, she is a librarian.

Just sayin'.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Perhaps Georgia is of a different orientation that most... Perhaps she is not into men at all. Perhaps she is a sister licker (lesbian) and you are what she fears most of all, a man. If so I doubt you will ever know.

Just one of the possibilities that fits this senario. Maybe way wrong.

Regards, Kirk

Kane

i was left to get med treatment. he said (him, in my own home)-if i sought treatment, he was leaving to a new area.-fraidy cat. i gave him my blessing. let's see him that ill, than be ditched. he said he could not see me so ill. ummmm- i was/i'm that person living that illness. shame on his adult self.
That really sux, luvs. Yes indeed, what a shameless rat.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
If it's got a vagina or wheels, it's gonna give you problems. (I used to say tits, but since luvs ain't got none, I didn't want to leave her out.:flowers:)

If they start out fickle, there's nothing you can say or do to change them, so just move on down the road. Did you happen to think her girlfriends might have been jealous of you, and staged a coup against you? Broads can be like that.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Perhaps Georgia is of a different orientation that most... Perhaps she is not into men at all. Perhaps she is a sister licker (lesbian) and you are what she fears most of all, a man. If so I doubt you will ever know.

Just one of the possibilities that fits this senario. Maybe way wrong.

Regards, Kirk
Be careful there boy! I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body, and happen to love carpet munchers. I was going to have the operation, but so many of them like the strap on that I thought I'd save the real thing for them.:whistling:

Why is it everyone wants to bang the librarian?

894441.jpg

Gunsrus

Let's get this into perspective before we all assume that Miss Georgina is just being "fickle". How young is "young"? ... and how old are you, Gunsrus?

Maybe Georgina had good reason to run. After all, she is a librarian.

Just sayin'.

I am 30. Georgina looks like a girl in her very early twenties. I meant she's the youngest because her fellow secretaries are in their mid to late fifties.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds like a case of her simply not being interested, and trying not to have to be rude and tell you to your face. Understood that her avoidance actions also sure seem rude.

Some folks have a hard time telling someone they are not interested so they use the avoidance technique and hope the person they are avoiding gets the idea.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
she may have gone from being polite, to being overwhelmed. if she got her gals to get involved, she is likely not interested. she may be w/ someone already, or whose to say--
i can give an example. i was @ pub, & a guy kept pestering me 4 my # last night. so, i finally gave him that # to shush him. u should seeeeeeeeeeeee these texts he sent last night, & how many. women oft' stay on a defensive level due to guys similar to him that ruin things fer other guys.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
she may have gone from being polite, to being overwhelmed. if she got her gals to get involved, she is likely not interested. she may be w/ someone already, or whose to say--
i can give an example. i was @ pub, & a guy kept pestering me 4 my # last night. so, i finally gave him that # to shush him. u should seeeeeeeeeeeee these texts he sent last night, & how many. women oft' stay on a defensive level due to guys similar to him that ruin things fer other guys.

For situations like that, I recommend you memorize the number of the Chief of Police, and give that one to the pests! :yum: