• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A Grieving Newtown Mother's Plea for Gun Control

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I want to start this thread by reiterating the obvious that the tragedy in Newtown was gut wrenching and a dark hour for our nation. I cannot imagine the pain the families affected by this shooting are feeling...

http://news.yahoo.com/video/newtown...x1LXMtZ292ZXJubWVudARwdANzdG9yeXBhZ2U-;_ylv=3

With that being said, if someone wants to talk to me about apples I am more than obliged to talk to them about apples. Additionally, if the conversation becomes boring and shifts to oranges I will graciously speak at length about oranges. However, I am not one to banter back and forth with someone when apples and oranges are debated without recognizing these are two very unique fruits.

The liberal left continues to use these people as pawns when discussing "common sense"/"sensible" gun legislation. At the end of the day universal background checks would not have saved this community. An armed school employee may have. A better assessment of the mental health of the shooter may have. The mother making certain the guns were inaccessible to her deranged son may have.

The beginning of this debate was filled with proposals for all out bans of AR's and high capacity magazines KNOWING that it would not pass. The liberals have from the beginnig been honing in on a compromise designed to be a "foot in the door" so to speak.

This, of course, is all propoganda designed to tug at the heart strings of Americans. I feel their pain in spirit, but I also have every intention of protecting my family from anyone that may harm them so I don't have to feel their pain in reality.

Leni

I forget where the school is located but the town decided that the best way to protect it was to have a police substation there. That's the best idea I've heard so far.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I forget where the school is located but the town decided that the best way to protect it was to have a police substation there. That's the best idea I've heard so far.

The idea to have armed security came directly from the NRA. They said we protect our Presidents, our banks, etc with armed security but not our kids. They then suggested that schools should consider armed security. The media and the liberal left trashed the suggestion as stupid.

Leni

We shouldn't have to do that. Never happened while I was in school but in todays world, sadly we have to.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Of the proposals I have seen, the one I see as mostly likely to work is simply to allow those school employees with concealed carry permits to carry. The unknown is the key. A crap shoot for a nut job when he walks into a classroom. The added advantage is that other than perhaps some additional level of gun classes, the expense is minimal.

The problem with guards in a school is that unless there is one in every classroom, the crazy will go to the unguarded room. A gun safe in the admin office would not hurt.

The bottom line at Sandy Hook is that if there had been a well stocked gun safe in the principle's office and personnel that knew how to use it, this would have never gotten past the front office, and if Lanza had not known that the teachers were not armed, the event may never have happened.

Kane

I want to start this thread by reiterating the obvious that the tragedy in Newtown was gut wrenching and a dark hour for our nation. I cannot imagine the pain the families affected by this shooting are feeling...
Sure, the feeling expressed above is universal. But for Hussein to trot these poor people out as props wailing that "we have to do something" is despicable. Do what? To pass feel-good laws just to say that "we did something" is not the answer. Hastily "doing something" that infringes upon the rights of law-abiding citizens is not the answer. The knee-jerk "do something" reaction that guns are the problem is not the answer.

Mr. President, leave these poor folks in Connecticut to mourn in peace. Asshole.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Proves she has no common sense. Not to mention my tax dollars paying for a sickening propaganda tour using slaughtered children to push a flawed agenda!

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Since virtually all of the mass shootings have taken place in "Gun Free Zones" let's take a "reasonable and common sense"
approach to the problem and eliminate those zones. Or, is that too logical for liberal gun-grabbers to understand? The reality
is that these places are seen by the psycho shooters as "Hunting Preserves".

Of course, the grabbers won't accept this idea because it doesn't lead to us losing our guns - and that is what they're
really after. None of this is about children or safety; it's about their agenda to disarm us all. Remember what Obama told
John Lott: "I don't believe people should be allowed to own guns!"

K

kermit2

I can just see a deranged criminal going over his list of potential targets and weapons.
"Let's see, banks..no, theaters..no, post office..no, damn!
AR-15.. no, shotgun...no, Glock23..no DAMN!. This is harder than I thought"
If someone is intent on commiting a crime, he will commit a crime, no law will stop him. It may make it harder, but it won't deter him.
If the media stopped doing such extensive stories about these tradgedies and making cult heroes out of the asshats that cause them maybe they wouldn't happen so often.