• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Ok, I like Beer, but I hate Aluminum Cans

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I like beer but beer brand to brand can or bottle I will take the bottle any day. I think the aluminum gives the beer a bad taste. Any one else think the same?

murph

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
It's all in your imagination. The beer never actually comes in contact with the aluminum; there is a barrier lining that coats the inside of the can.

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Logic agrees with DaveNay, but my taste will take the bottle anyday.

Of course, if you like to take it in the can..... :gay:
:yum:

Trakternut

I can't say that the beer tastes like the can, but it does taste fresher...........cleaner if you will, from a glass bottle. Any brand of beer I've drunk is that way.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I can't say that the beer tastes like the can, but it does taste fresher...........cleaner if you will, from a glass bottle. Any brand of beer I've drunk is that way.
I'm with you there Monte.
I won't drink anything out of a can or a plastic container.
It has to be bottled and cold or in a glass.

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
It's always better out of glass, unless it is out of a stainless steel keg. The aluminum cans may be lined, but with plastic.

Glass color makes a big difference too. Most really good beer comes in brown bottles. Clear and/or green bottles do not have any uv protection. Clear bottled beer especially, will take on a "skunky" flavor over time, as the beer is light struck. Green bottles are better, but still let the beer become light struck. Brown bottles are best.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Of course, if you like to take it in the can..... :gay:

Good one Spiffy!!! :biggrin:

I cant tell the difference. Tastes the same out of a can or bottle. Draft though it does taste different and usually better.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
One other question and I can't answer it. How about the plastic bottled beer that they use in stadiums so no one can throw stuff at the referees? How is the taste in them?

murph

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
It's Coors and Bud. Hard to tell when they taste worse :mrgreen::dizzy::hide:

Actaully, you'd probably have to taste them side by side with a clean palette. Coors and Bud do work very very hard to make a consistent product.

One other question and I can't answer it. How about the plastic bottled beer that they use in stadiums so no one can throw stuff at the referees? How is the taste in them?
murph