• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Our Mountain Flower Garden

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
With the abundance of moisture this past year (about 6 times the normal) the wild flowers are putting on an unbelievable show. Most of these pics were taken in the FS meadow a couple minutes walk from our property or on our mountain property. These types of posts are normally up to Pigtails but I sent her out to weed the flower garden a week ago and she has not returned home yet.......:mrgreen:
P1010007 (Medium).JPG

P1010008 (Medium).JPG

P1010017 (Medium).JPG

P1010025 (Medium).JPG

P1010026 (Medium).JPG

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
More wild flower pics taken the past couple days and a winter pic taken last October from about the same location of one of these pics.

P1010027 (Medium).JPG

P1010028 (Medium).JPG

P1010042 (Medium).JPG

A pic from last October to show the contrasts of the seasons. We love to see the changes each new season brings and the great differences between winter and summer in the high mountains where we live.
PA200008.jpg

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
You got some serious Lupine action there! We are awash in Daisies at the moment. This is near the end of the Daisy season but the entire pasture is white with Daisies. Happens every year and I love it.

We had a good year for wild flowers too. Lots of columbine, lupines, foxtails, and even some wild iris.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It must be really neat to wake up every morning, walk outside, drink your coffee and look at that. Magic!!!!

American Woman

Site Supporter
This isn't as colorful but this is a tree our kids for several generations have called the "play tree" in our back yard. The bottom limb to the left that is extended is like a see-saw, And the limbs are big and easy to climb high. The other picture is a BIG clump of Moss. Just moss.
Redneck and his brother and sisters were the first call it the play tree:wub:

Attachments

• P_00101.jpg
    P_00101.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 92
  • P_00102.jpg
    P_00102.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 90
P

Pigtails

AW,
That is cool. As a girl growing up with 2 older brothers, I learned to survive. I loved climbing trees too. Here is a few pics of my gr children playing in their "climbing tree" in the meadow behind us.

Attachments

• P6300035.jpg
    P6300035.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 58
  • P6300036.jpg
    P6300036.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 61

American Woman

Site Supporter
I used to LOVE to clime trees when I was a kid! I have had one son fall out of a tree while picking berries LOL, and another was stuck in one with one leg in a Y branch and the other on the ground. He yelled for help at least an hour....LOL