• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A lost necklace

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
For close to two years my wife has searched in vain for a lost necklace that belonged to my mum and given to her shortly before my mum passed away in 07 . Needless to say it has tremendous sentimental value as well as it's monetary value.

Today, while checking emptying and cleaning the gun safe my wife asked me to bring up stairs any boxes that were in there that were not mine. I brought up three of them and in the third box was the necklace. Not sure how it was missed all this time but what a happy ending. :clap:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Just tell her she gave it to you for safekeeping and you did. Good find.:clap:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
oh, that's a :flowers: post~ how great that yinz now have it, & now it's further special.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Just tell her she gave it to you for safekeeping and you did. Good find.:clap:

I can try but I can tell you she won't buy it. After 37 years she's up to my tricks. :yum:

oh, that's a :flowers: post~ how great that yinz now have it, & now it's further special.

Thanx Luvs. Yeah, my bride was pretty teary eyed with joy over it. She's been wearing it and staring at it ever since. I am so happy for her. It means a lot to the both of us. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Congrats TR. It obviously meant alot to both of you.

I hate when I put something important in a safe place where I "won't" forget where it is, and then I forget where it is. Nothing near the sentimental value of your wife's necklace, but I have a $300 Leopold scope that I planned to mount on a rifle I was going to buy. Did not end up buying that rifle so I put the scope in a safe place. That was 4 or 5 years ago. I still have not found that scope. I know where I 'think' I put it and it is nowhere to be found there. I have looked in my other 'safe' places and it is not there. One day when I least expect it I will run across it. Till that day it is missing without any action. :(