• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Intellectual awareness.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
For those who may confidently feel Obama might lose this fall,,,,
A sampling of the intelectual awareness of American voters

July-Fourth.jpg

I didn't want to hijack the funny pictures thread but I did want to respond to Franc's post as he has hit home for sure. original thread here.

I do not feel confident at all Franc. I was at the grocery store last week and noticed that at least 85% of the people walking around didn’t look to me as though they were doing anything other than surviving in their own little worlds. Not saying there is anything wrong with that, just saying that they appeared to be oblivious of anything outside of that world.

I’m not as sharp as many of you, but I try to keep up with current events (meaning I read all of Cowboy's posts) and the people that are responsible for what’s going on in the world. So while the clerk was checking me out (groceries, not physical) I asked her what she thought about Eric Holder? Her eyes lit up and she asked me if he was coming to town and did I know where she could get tickets.

Turns out she was no exception as nobody else that I asked knew who he was either. Today I saw an Obama commercial hammering home the fact that he is working to make sure that we all have an even chance and everyone pays their fair share. I realize what a load of crap this commercial is, but the people at the grocery store will all see him as a great guy who is standing up for them, and making sure that the world is a better place.

Some scary stuff.

Kane

Sad state of affairs. Hussien seeks out these oblivious types with his campaign commercials ... and unfortunately it works at the voting booth.

Like they say, you can educate the ignorant, but you just can't fix stoopid.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sad state of affairs indeed. For the crowd you encountered, the choice is simple. Vote for the guy who promises to give you stuff, or vote for the guy who will take it away.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
To me its real simple and sad at the same time. :sad:

The biggest percent of the folks these days IMO, are so wrapped up in their own pathetic lives of "its all about Me", fancy gadgets, social sites where they can share every day every friggen thing they are doing (which Facebook is mainly playing dumbass games i have noticed the short time i belonged) and whats going on on all of their favorite reality shows (which is basically all the morning news shows as well), they dont have time to pay attention to whats really going on much less take it on their own to raise their kids properly. :doh:

I here it all the time, if it dont effect "them" they dont give a crap & have the mindset of "why worry about things that are beyond your control". Thats just the way i see it from my perspective, were fucked and no one really cares anymore. :sad:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
It is not my belief that our situation is because no one really cares anymore. I would submit that as great a percentage of the populatin as always, still cares. That the number of folks who don't care, just get by and assumethey have no effect, is relatively the same as well.

The difference is the size and impact of the federal government has changed remarkably. It would seem the Founders had a handle on this and we have gradulay allow the grip, and consequently the power of the people, to relax.

It may be to late. Not because people no longer care, but because not a enough of them represent sufficient power to reverse course.

"We give you a republic, if you can keep it."
Ben Franklin on the Constitutional Convention.

Historians will tell you that only one third of the colonists were actively willing to lay down their lives and fortunes so that their progeny, and that of all in the nation, could taste freedom, true freedom. I suspect that number is relatively the same today.

The mightest Army and Navy in the world lost to that small group of farmers, merchants and squirrel hunters. Determined men and women, Christians, pagans and atheists, who knew the true value and potential economic power of an emancipated populace.

There is hope.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
It is not my belief that our situation is because no one really cares anymore. I would submit that as great a percentage of the populatin as always, still cares. That the number of folks who don't care, just get by and assumethey have no effect, is relatively the same as well.

The difference is the size and impact of the federal government has changed remarkably. It would seem the Founders had a handle on this and we have gradulay allow the grip, and consequently the power of the people, to relax.

It may be to late. Not because people no longer care, but because not a enough of them represent sufficient power to reverse course.

"We give you a republic, if you can keep it."
Ben Franklin on the Constitutional Convention.

Historians will tell you that only one third of the colonists were actively willing to lay down their lives and fortunes so that their progeny, and that of all in the nation, could taste freedom, true freedom. I suspect that number is relatively the same today.

The mightest Army and Navy in the world lost to that small group of farmers, merchants and squirrel hunters. Determined men and women, Christians, pagans and atheists, who knew the true value and potential economic power of an emancipated populace.

There is hope.
You may be right Franc and i hope you are, but i look at things differently then most i recon. The fact that come November when it really counts, that Romney is are only other choice (decided by the people you have so much faith in), tells me its not going to get any better anytime soon. :wink:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
You may be right Franc and i hope you are, but i look at things differently then most i recon. The fact that come November when it really counts, that Romney is are only other choice (decided by the people you have so much faith in), tells me its not going to get any better anytime soon. :wink:

At the risk of pissing someone off, you are making an unfair and unwarranted assumption. The people who chose Romney are the same GOP rhinos that chose Bush 43, Bush 41 and McCain.

There are true freedom loving patriots outside of the GOP. Do not confuse them with the GOP or include the GOP with them.

They exist in the TEA"S
They exist in the Democaratic party.
And, they exist in the groups known as Independents and Libertarians.

These are the folks with whom I place my faith. I would hazard that very few of these represented themselves in the GOP primaries. But I would submit that they will take a stand post November 6 2012, no matter the outcome.

If Barry wins, he will face a strong headwind from this group.

If Mitt wins, he will be held accountable by the very same.

What we cannot presume is that they will prevail.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
At the risk of pissing someone off, you are making an unfair and unwarranted assumption. The people who chose Romney are the same GOP rhinos that chose Bush 43, Bush 41 and McCain.

There are true freedom loving patriots outside of the GOP. Do not confuse them with the GOP or include the GOP with them.

They exist in the TEA"S
They exist in the Democaratic party.
And, they exist in the groups known as Independents and Libertarians.

These are the folks with whom I place my faith. I would hazard that very few of these represented themselves in the GOP primaries. But I would submit that they will take a stand post November 6 2012, no matter the outcome.

If Barry wins, he will face a strong headwind from this group.

If Mitt wins, he will be held accountable by the very same.

What we cannot presume is that they will prevail.
You wont piss me off Frank and you make some very good points. :wink: It looks great in type, i just dont happen to have the same faith in those groups anymore as i once did. Its just my opinion which means no more then anyone else. :smile:

As far as the part i put in bold print, either that takes place is just going to extend the problems we allready have as neither will clean house that would really make the only difference IMO, it will just be another wasted 4 years we will never be able to recover from i am afraid. The worst part is the way it looks to me the media and big corporations will be choosing who is the next POTUS. Again just my opinion and i hope i am proven wrong. :unsure:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You forgot to mention the very politicized SCOTUS. They have thrown their hat in the ring the past 30 years. I would hope that folks are mad enough to start changing the problem at the level where it is worst: Congress who make the rules and tax us all. The POTUS is an embarrassing projection of people not voting in the right leaders. The problem is below him.