• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

FREE MANUALS: Tucker, Kristi, Snow Trac, Thiokol, LMC, Bombi, Raidtrac

gaterbait88

I would like to get and manual for a raidtrac. My friend live up the road from me and has a raidtrac but the cluch drive kit fell apart on him and has no idea how it goes back together so if you could help me it would be very helpful. thanks
Jeff

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
I would like to get and manual for a raidtrac. My friend live up the road from me and has a raidtrac but the cluch drive kit fell apart on him and has no idea how it goes back together so if you could help me it would be very helpful. thanks
Jeff
I think the newbies should read at least a couple posts in the thread look up one post you will find your answer???????:whistling:

Diana Elaine

I'm new here ... and I'm a bit confused. I downloaded the manual I needed, but there seems to be pages missing. The pages are numbered say: page 3 then page 5, etc.

There are several missing pages. Can you explain this?

Thank you!

PS: I downloaded the SkiDozer 252

I'm actually looking for SkiDozer SV 252 ... but that's the closest I could find.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We post up exactly what we get. These manuals are all donated. While I am not familiar with that specific download, I'd just guess that the way it was scanned into the computer file may have been 2 pages at a time, so page "3" may be pages 3 & 4? Just a guess?

Diana Elaine

We post up exactly what we get. These manuals are all donated. While I am not familiar with that specific download, I'd just guess that the way it was scanned into the computer file may have been 2 pages at a time, so page "3" may be pages 3 & 4? Just a guess?

Yeah, that's what I thought at first, but allot of information is actually missing, such as troubleshooting and specifications, etc.

I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned this. Hopefully, I think I may be able to get help finding another one.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah, that's what I thought at first, but allot of information is actually missing, such as troubleshooting and specifications, etc.

I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned this. Hopefully, I think I may be able to get help finding another one.
Well it probably is because we only have a couple members with that model. I know we have posted up several complete versions (different years with different information) of some of the more popular snowcats. But given our 'volunteer' budget on this, we do the best we can do.

If you can help up and make up a complete manual that would be awesome :clap:

boneyard

I am having trouble accessing the page where the manuals are available for download. I get an error message:

"Directory Listing Denied This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed."

Just wondering if other folks are having similar problems, or if it's just me and I should try a different computer. Just picked up an '87 BR100, looking for any extra info I can find... Thanks! - Fritz

teledawg

I am having trouble accessing the page where the manuals are available for download. I get an error message:

"Directory Listing Denied This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed."

Just wondering if other folks are having similar problems, or if it's just me and I should try a different computer. Just picked up an '87 BR100, looking for any extra info I can find... Thanks! - Fritz
The problem should be fixed now. Somehow the permissions got changed to deny folder browse access. Sorry about that...:unsure:

DynatracGuy

I've started a Yahoo group for tracked transport that are not necessarily snowcats. It is Tracked Transport, here is a link. I've started posting manuals for vehicles not already covered by this forum. For example the Canadair Dynatrac aka xm571. I'm set up to scan in manuals so I'm open to requests.

Would it be possible to add these files to the collection at http://www.goldcordmine.com/manuals/? Yahoo Groups has a limit of 100MB in the files section.

bountyhunterbob

Re: FREE MANUALS: Tucker, Kristi, Snow Trac, Thiokol, LMC & Bombi

I have a 1971Bombardier snow cat I think it’s a J5 it has a 6 cyl flat head engine and has a Chrysler charging system for a 1965 Ventura car all I know it is a Chrysler charging system for sure. I need a water pump it just went out I am using this for EMS here in WV as the snow is bad and this is one of the only thing we can get to stranded people with can you tell me what engine year and model this is so I can get a water pump and I would love to have a shop manual for this unit. thanks

DynatracGuy

I have a Bombardier Muskeg, big brother to a J5. The engine you have is most likely an industrial Chrysler 261(?) CI. I have the parts manual but can't reach it this moment, because of snow! I'm stuck at my girlfriends place until she can drop me off at home. The Muskeg FINALLY got a windshield and I can clear the ice and snow from it and use it. My Duece and a half is stuck in the driveway, did I mention we have record snow?? My car is buried and my pickup is temporarily dead. I'll send you the part number when I can get to it in the next day or two.

I'm going to volunteer my Muskeg for EMS work as well. Iowa is having record snow, ice, blowing snow and depleted road budgets. Rural residents like me depend on snow plows, when they operate, and lots of patience. It is normal for a person with seizures to wait 4 hours for snow plow and ambulance to reach them, totally unacceptable.

You could try contacting boggie as he has access to manuals and can find the part number for you.

Lee

trwjohn

I could use a manual. I need to identify the year and model of machine I have first. The previous owner said it was an M8 bombardier. It has 16 wheels, 4 duals on each side, sprockets in front. It has the smaller sized spindles,16 x4.5 wheels. 318 chrysler engine in the front. The body seems mostly modified. I will add pictures as soon as I figure out how.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

I have a 1971Bombardier snow cat I think it’s a J5 it has a 6 cyl flat head engine and has a Chrysler charging system for a 1965 Ventura car all I know it is a Chrysler charging system for sure. I need a water pump it just went out I am using this for EMS here in WV as the snow is bad and this is one of the only thing we can get to stranded people with can you tell me what engine year and model this is so I can get a water pump and I would love to have a shop manual for this unit. thanks

You have a 251 Chrysler industrial you should be able to get the water pump from a Napa or similar store if not vintagepowerwagons has them

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I could use a manual. I need to identify the year and model of machine I have first. The previous owner said it was an M8 bombardier. It has 16 wheels, 4 duals on each side, sprockets in front. It has the smaller sized spindles,16 x4.5 wheels. 318 chrysler engine in the front. The body seems mostly modified. I will add pictures as soon as I figure out how.

You have a small spindled Muskeg tractor or carrier depending on if the engine
is in the front (carrier) middle of the machine ( tractor) they used small spindles up to about 59-62

trwjohn

Thanks boggie, looks like I should have ordered 4 wheels. Once I get them off I will try to pound the fourth one out, it only has a few dents so far as I can see.

DynatracGuy

You have a 251 Chrysler industrial you should be able to get the water pump from a Napa or similar store if not vintagepowerwagons has them
I got NOS manual for the engine through vintagepowerwagons. It is identified as IND 8 or IND 8A. I'm not certain which one or both was put in Muskegs. The manual covers the whole series of industrial engines of the period. If need be I can scan in pages you need, just email me.

trwjohn

I was looking more for track, wheel removal and instalation and tension adjustment. Boggie was very helpful with a few pointers and tips that I am going to try. Thanks. A manual would still be helpful if there is one out there.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I was looking more for track, wheel removal and instalation and tension adjustment. Boggie was very helpful with a few pointers and tips that I am going to try. Thanks. A manual would still be helpful if there is one out there.

John, I will have one here for when your guy picks up your parts

Regards and good luck...............

Last edited:

trwjohn

Thanks Boggie, I took 6 cleats off, three of witch were broken anyway. The belts dropped in around the sprocket and gave me enough slack to get the rear wheels off.

prospector

HI.
I'm looking for manuals about the Bombardier J-5 (Operator, service and parts breakdown).
Would greatly appreciate if you could lead me onto something.

Prospector

heino

Hello forum folk, I'm looking for any manuals (operators/shop/parts etc.)
for the LMC 1200. Thanks for any assist.

AKDMC

Just picked up a DMC 3700. Looking for any manuals that folks might have access to. It needs some track work .