• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Fix or replace leaf springs?

Bait Guy

Just purchased a 1542 in wonderful condition, previous owner showed me the springs up front and told me they should be either rebent or replaced. My question is, is this a question of $ only or IS there a diffrence between new and rebent springs?

Bait Guy

Well, replaced the front springs with new the cost was just over $150 per so I decided to go this way, I also got 2 more leafs which total to 8.

wakeupcall

GOLD Site Supporter
Glad you found some springs Bait Guy . Price doesn't seem to bad either. Where did you source them . Would love to see picture when installed !! Thanks Wakeupcall

Bait Guy

Got them from our Midwest Tucker supplier, TRACKS. I think I will also replace the rears, pretty easy job. I gained between 1 1/2" - 2" lift just in the front. With the boom being installed in the rear, I figure I better do that.