• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

SPOT Personal locator beacons SPOT-20

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
The company I am buying parts from has a deal on the SPOT personal locator beacons. These are the new spot-20 Smaller lighter easier to operate then the old SPOT units. These MSRP for 169.99. I will make anyone a deal that wants one for 135.00 shipped usps to your door. This does not include activation which runs 99.00 a year. A great way to travel in the backcountry and have a way to call for help. There is also a tracking plan available as well as a insurance plan for extraction if needed.

http://www.findmespot.com/en/

Paypal accepted Visa, Mastercard, Discover preferred.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The company I am buying parts from has a deal on the SPOT personal locater beacons. These are the new spot-20 Smaller lighter easier to operate then the old SPOT units. These MSRP for 169.99. I will make anyone a deal that wants one for 135.00 shipped usps to your door. This does not include activation which runs 99.00 a year. A great way to travel in the backcountry and have a way to call for help. There is also a tracking plan available as well as a insurance plan for extraction if needed.

http://www.findmespot.com/en/

Paypal accepted Visa, Mastercard, Discover preferred.

Do these really work? does anybody on here use one? if they do work I would like to buy a couple and glue one to Bobcat and the other to Mainer so I know where they are at all times and it also needs to be able to identify 600 series Thiokols and send a alert when one is spotted. :brows:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Had one and they work but wasn't for me.Way to many problems lots of people enjoy them. It came free with activation.

The SPOT's are a good tool to have. I use mine to alert the family when I'm entering and leaving the ski resort when patrolling. The mountain's usually have very limited if any cell service. The user's abilty to program text and email to numerous contacts is really nice. Have yet to use the Help or 911 feature but peace of mind is worth service plan. My 2 cent..

northeastheavy

They do make alot of sense if you are in the middle of nowhere alot, especially in the winter!!! Things happen too fast!!!
Boggie!! You also need an extra to detect sharks selling snowcats!!!!!:yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We use a spot when out grooming the trails. I helps to alleviate the guesswork and know where the groomer is at all times. That comes in very handy when on a long run where operators have to trade off halfway. Allot of the area we groom is often 30-40 miles away from the nearest highway so if you're out there at -30 at 3am and have a breakdown and are out of cell range, just push the help button and everyone in town with e-mail connection to the spot can coordinate the rescue.

Another bonus feature of using it is for mapping out a trail. As I'm going in the groomer for the first run each season, I can push the "ok" button every couple miles and it sends an email with the coordinates to a computer and also maps out the route as I'm going.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
they doo work even way the hedoubble toothpick up here had a guy up north broke down on an atv nad pushed 911 local s&r was activated and off they went but when you are 40 miles out help dosn't come right now so after an hour or too he started punching 911 again thinking nobody got the first call made for a bit of confusion again s&r didn't know if a second team needed to go out again. if an improvement could be made it would be some kind of reciever that would alert you help is on the way.