• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Christmas In Colorado

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
We have been staying near the Sunlight Mtn ski area in Colorado during Christmas. We spend Christmas with our daughter and her family. When I am here at the home we use during Christmas, I always take on the snow shoveling and let the hired help not worry about the snow removal around Christmas. I have shoveled about 4 foot of snow from the driveway since last Sunday which includes about 30 inches since last evening. I am ready to go home as I have no place to put anymore snow. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and we will head back to Wyoming tomorrow.
PC260062 (Medium).JPG

PC260059 (Medium).JPG

ghautz

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Nice scenery there. I don't envy you your drive back. Driving on snowy roads doesn't bother me; I just worry about the other idiots on the road causing me problems.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
We have been staying near the Sunlight Mtn ski area in Colorado during Christmas. We spend Christmas with our daughter and her family. When I am here at the home we use during Christmas, I always take on the snow shoveling and let the hired help not worry about the snow removal around Christmas. I have shoveled about 4 foot of snow from the driveway since last Sunday which includes about 30 inches since last evening. I am ready to go home as I have no place to put anymore snow. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and we will head back to Wyoming tomorrow.

Oh my!!!! That makes my old bones ache just looking at it. It was 78 degrees and windy here yesterday but a cold front just blew through and dropped the temperature down into the 50's. Looking around, I may have to go spray for winter weeds that seem to be sprouting everywhere.

cabinboy

WOW!!! That is a lot of snow to be shoveling. Much more fun to be playing in it with the snocat or snowmoble. Sure is a pretty place.:biggrin::biggrin:

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
We left Colorado this morning at about 5am and made it home by 5pm tonight. It was -20F in Rio Blanco Colorado when we passed through the little town early this am. Roads were snow packed and icy for most of the way with 60 mph strong winds blowing snow along I-80 in Wyoming near Rawlins.

We have about 15 inches of new snow at home in the past week that will need to be cleaned up around the house. We left the F250 with mattracks in the parking area near the state highway since we are snowed out of home.The mattrack F250 worked well getting us the 3 miles from the parking area to home today with all of the new snow and drifting snow.

It is good exercise though! I think I lost 5lbs last week shoveling snow! :thumb:

My daughter is a great cook and I ate like a horse while in Colorado. The snow shoveling is just great exercise to work off all of the food consumed.....:whistling:

Well its good you arrived home safe and sound, would not want you to spend all of DB Coopers money that you found in that FBI rig, save some for a rainy day !!! lol