• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A day at a radio repeater site

Robert45

Site Supporter
Went up to repair the generator. Snow was two to three feet deep.
Repeater site is located near Garberville, California. That's my Imp, it did great and the weather was clear for the most part.
:tiphat:

Attachments

• snowcatPratt.jpg
    snowcatPratt.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 332
  • Repeater site.jpg
    Repeater site.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 306

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Nope, no louvers on that Imp either... I must have the bastard Imp... Prob. some kind of affair between a LMC and Thiokol 601 or something like that...:snow2_smi:

Robert45

Site Supporter
I'm heading out this weekend to check on some buildings east of Redding, Ca. So both work and play. Well take pictures and post when I get back Sunday or Monday. Lots of snow, so should be fun. :thumb:

Robert :tiphat:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Have a good one Robert. Man, how long does it take you to get your breath back to normal after climbing those stairs? :D Looks like a tough climb.

Robert45

Site Supporter
It's a good climb up the steps. Never timed it but it does take you breath away if you go to fast. It's wise to stand clear of the tower as the sun warms the steel the ice tends to come lose and fall to the ground. It would really ruin your day to get hit by a piece of that ice. The tower to the west had a piece come lose and it landed on the radio vault roof and put a hole in the metal roofing the size of a five gallon bucket. Also put a hole in of the microwave dish covers.

Robert45

Site Supporter
Here's a picture of the repeater site at BearSprings
Snow was hard as a rock. Some powder would have been nice. :thumb:

Enjoy

Attachments

• snowcatatbearsprings.JPG
    snowcatatbearsprings.JPG
    182.9 KB · Views: 140

Robert45

Site Supporter
Here's another picture of my Imp on the way back.

Attachments

• Snowcat34.JPG
    Snowcat34.JPG
    220 KB · Views: 142