• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Go Live And Experience -- NOW

Bamby

Seriously, I mean it.

Don't sit at home with Mom and Dad. Don't be in a rut. If you're working a wage job for whatever, and it's not fulfilling you, think about where you might be happier, even if just a bit happier, and go.

If you have someone special, sit down and figure it out between the two of you. If you don't, do it on your own.

This nation is full of both good and bad. Go see the good, pass by the bad. You figure out which is which.

I'm going to lay something on all you young folks: The older people in this nation -- including your parents and grandparents -- ****ed you. And they're going to continue ****ing you.

There are a few of us "older people" who have worked hard, all the way just short of committing extreme acts of violence, to try to stop it. We've participated in third-party political runs, even as officers of those parties. We've written blogs. We've given speeches. We've gotten in cars, buses and airplanes and raised hell in State Houses and DC. We've done what we could through peaceful political process.

But we're very few in number and there are too many who are either sitting on their hands or worse, actively involved in hosing you.

Some of those sitting on their hands have some excuse. They're married, they have a couple of kids (or more!) and they're occupied with trying to keep their lights on and food in the fridge, never mind preventing their three year old from braining their two year old with a Chinese-made plastic toy dinosaur. I get it; as long as their employer is still around and the paycheck doesn't bounce they'll keep on keeping on, never mind that they have a fair excuse in the form of "family stability."

But that doesn't change the fact that you've been had. You've been told by people like AOC, Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren and even Donald Trump that the stock market, the jobs numbers, and whether you can get an Uber is a good measure of success. You've been promised more and more "free stuff" and social media fills your brain with images of people who have "more and more."

It's a lie. That Uber driver is making less than a taxicab driver and has none of the protections the taxi cab dude does. Most of those drivers are in fact losing money when they add up the wear and tear on their vehicles plus the additional maintenance and insurance expense. None of them can actually maintain a household on the remaining income; it's impossible. I've run the math and virtually all of the so-called "gig economy" is set up this way on purpose. The Amazons of the world will try to entice you to go work in a warehouse where they intentionally design the work environment to wear you out -- mentally and physically -- and when you succumb you'll be thrown away like yesterday's kitty litter. After all, there's a line out the door to replace you. They all say there's a path to advancement. The facts say 1 in 100 people manage to survive their work environment long enough to achieve it. Every other business at an "entry level" is pulling the same crap too; they hold out the carrot of advancement and raises to get you to go work for them but it's a lie and it has nothing to do with merit; it's simply that as you get raises and promotions you get more expensive. That extra dollar or three an hour is one the owners can keep if they either can you or******you off enough that you quit and there's always another kid who will take your place.

The politicians all tell you that your college loans should be forgiven; that's their latest bid to buy your vote, but it's only the latest in a long line of lies. Note that not one of those politicians has proposed hanging the University officials that made college so ******ned expensive in the first place from the nearest lamppost, along with confiscating the college's endowment, for intentionally violating anti-trust law -- which is why you got screwed up the ass. When I was of college age you could literally spin pizzas or work at McDonalds' and not only pay for school you could live on your own at the same time in a dorm or apartment with a couple of friends. We put men on the moon with college graduates building those huge rockets under exactly that sort of college program and at that level of cost. Our flag is stuck in the surface of that rock as proof that it doesn't cost even a quarter of what's being charged today.

It's only so ******ned expensive today because you've been relentlessly and intentionally ****ed.

Ever notice that shop class disappeared from our Junior and Senior High Schools? In the 1970s every single kid learned how to weld, turn metal and wood on a lathe and build a lamp starting with a block of wood, a socket and a piece of wire. I took shop class because it was required. As a result I can weld -- both stick and gas -- run a lathe, a milling machine, saws and other tools -- and build or fix things. I may not be really good at any of it but I can do it because I learned how in eighth grade. Now most High School graduates don't know how to change a tire, say much less the oil in their car's engine or -- God forbid -- the camshaft.

The year I was born you could give birth for an amount of money that, inflated by the official Government's inflation numbers, comes to right about $1,000 today. Today giving birth is anywhere from $8,000+ and I assure you that the way you get pregnant and have that child hasn't changed a damn bit.

A year or so after I started MCSNet this is what my computer room at the shared office building I moved into (out of my apartment closet) looked like:

akcs-www

Yes, those were hand-built computers you see in the racks and the racks themselves were bread racks from the warehouse club. A guy by the name of Rom (yes, really) on Lincoln Ave sold us most of the "base" parts. There was always some sort of work going on in there, thus the things laying about. This was ~1993ish and I didn't go into one penny of debt during the entire time I ran the firm. Today, with all the benefit costs such as health insurance, taxes, fees and other screwings imposed on small businesses I've gone back and looked at my original business plan, updated it to reflect those costs along with today's rents, and I would have gone bankrupt.

Our government is not going to fix this.

The government is in fact making it worse at an ever-accelerating rate.

Remember, this is the same government -- and your parents -- who sat back while the Chicago Skyway toll went from $1 in the late 1980s to $5 today; that's 500% of what it used to cost for the exact same thing. An aberration? Nope -- they did it here too; $1.00 toll in 2000 with a promise that the bonds would be paid off and the tolls zeroed; instead it's now $3.50 each way with the transponder discount and several times as much debt outstanding. That's a $1,400 a year tax extracted from you to go to work. If you work a $10/hour wage job your entire first hour's pay after taxes is consumed by that damned bridge getting to and from work and yet nobody has been hanged for their lies.

Florida claims to have no income tax. Oh really? If you're working a $10/hour job, full-time, that's a nine percent income tax and you can't deduct it either. If you're working part time at that rate of pay it could easily be a 20% income tax right off the top. Why do the people put up with that sort of butt-reaming lie?

In the mid 1990s when I was running MCSNet a reasonably-healthy young adult could buy health insurance for fifty dollars a month. That's not conjecture -- it is what it actually cost in its entirety and I know it's a fact because I paid those bills on behalf of young employees for years, all of whom were individually rated. It was a good plan too, with an effectively-zero deductible. If you needed to go see a doctor for something you made the appointment and went to see him or her; there was no out-of-pocket cost. That's cheaper than your car insurance -- and I had the exact same health insurance, even though I was the CEO, as did every one of my employees.

How's that working out for all you young folks now?

The government and companies are doing all of this on purpose and the people in the government are split between useful idiots who can't find their ass with both hands and those who have as their true intent screwing you to within an inch of your life and getting kickbacks of one sort or another, which is how and why they all get rich. Nancy Pelosi has seen her net worth quadruple to more than $125 million over the last few years yet she gets paid a salary under $200k.

None of this is an accident; basic statistics tell us that honest mistakes help you as often as they hurt. These are all intentional acts as they all go one way.

The drugs, homelessness and other nastiness you see is a result of all this screwing. You can choose to go that way and destroy yourself but when you're young you have options and thus I strongly recommend you don't commit slow suicide on a sidewalk. You have stamina and adaptability that older people do not, for openers.

Like it or not there simply aren't any material number of people who are willing to write a blank check that might get cashiered, then start building gallows on the National Mall along with every state and local government's lawn. In 1776 the people decided they'd had enough of this crap (largely over a 3% tax!), wrote those blank checks and told the British to blow goats. The British tried to come take their ammunition at Concord and they got shot. Many of those Colonists (and plenty of British Regulars) died but America exists because they both said it and meant it. The majority of the Founding Fathers were either killed or died penniless; not only did they write those blank checks many of them got cashed. Whether it's all the Ritalin you were force-fed as children, everyone having their face buried in a phone 20 hours a day, being sucked into a debt trap or some combination of the above that's no longer the case. Choosing to be a lone nut, which is what you'd be if you try to stop this crap on your own, simply means you're dead, you'll be called a terrorist and worse, nothing will change.

So if you're young -- if you're in your late teens or 20s -- get out there and enjoy what there is to enjoy before more -- and maybe all of it -- is gone.

If there's somewhere you'd really like to go live for a year, two or three -- do it.

If you're part of a couple, both of you go do it. Compromise on the how, where and what -- but go do it and do it now. Not next year -- right here, right now.

Why?

Because there is a very good chance that in the next five or so years, and maybe in as little as a year or two down the road you won't be able to do it any more at all.

Not just because you'll be older, although that will be part of it. No, the rest will be because the rot is going to get worse and it might get a lot worse. Life-threateningly worse. That which is there and beautiful today may well be gone tomorrow, or at least inaccessible. Contemplate simply the Greta Thunburgs of the world who would love to tell you that you cannot own a car that can go more than 200 miles at one time. Drive to Yellowstone? Forget it; it'll take you a week with all the stops instead of a couple of days, the hotels won't be $50/night as with all the taxes and surcharges they'll be $200, it'll be illegal to sleep in the car under penalty of a $500 ticket and that's if you're allowed to go in at all and the charging stations aren't prohibitively expensive to use.

The rhetoric from people like Greta now includes explicit threats of violence. Oh, she "walked it back", but "we will make sure they, that we put them against the wall, and that they will have to do their job and to protect our futures" is pretty clear in any language; we all know damn that the next thing done after that if the demand is not immediately met is that you shoot them.

When I was younger I seriously considered taking a month or two and going over to Europe, buying a Eurail Pass and staying at hostels. The staying part was cheap, the flight reasonable, and the Eurail Pass would get you nearly anywhere. I didn't do it and I regret it. Today much of what was there in terms of culture is gone. Unbridled importation of "refugees" has made large swaths of Europe unsafe, prices have risen to the point that you can't do that sort of travel any more at any kind of reasonable cost and it's getting worse rather than better. There are parts of France you cannot go into safely as a white person, say much less a not-french-speaking white person. Two or three decades ago that was unheard of.

Oh sure, there are still places in Europe you can visit and enjoy. But it's not what it was, the change is not for the better and it's not improving.

The math on this is pretty clear. Now I might be wrong -- I freely admit that. But if I am -- what have you lost? If you go and both see and do what you want to now, while you're young -- whether it's living in this place or that -- what cost did that impose on you? If you deplete your savings and the world improves in the US instead of going down the crapper so will your personal and economic opportunities, so you've in fact lost nothing! Indeed you have gained much -- including living in a place that makes you smile in the morning just by being there.

But if not you may well look back 20, 30 or 40 years from now and deeply regret that mistake. Worse, if it all goes to Hell right here in America five years hence where there are no hamburgers for ordinary people because we can't afford them and you're beset upon by some group trying to literally rip the clothes off your back you won't draw your last breath muttering "I wish I'd gone to live in Colorado and spent the last two years hiking in the summer and skiing in the winter."

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Seriously, I mean it.

Don't sit at home with Mom and Dad. Don't be in a rut. If you're working a wage job for whatever, and it's not fulfilling you, think about where you might be happier, even if just a bit happier, and go.

If you have someone special, sit down and figure it out between the two of you. If you don't, do it on your own.

This nation is full of both good and bad. Go see the good, pass by the bad. You figure out which is which.

I'm going to lay something on all you young folks: The older people in this nation -- including your parents and grandparents -- ****ed you. And they're going to continue ****ing yo
There are a few of us "older people" who have worked hard, all the way just short of committing extreme acts of violence, to try to stop it. We've participated in third-party political runs, even as officers of those parties. We've written blogs. We've given speeches. We've gotten in cars, buses and airplanes and raised hell in State Houses and DC. We've done what we could through peaceful political process.

But we're very few in number and there are too many who are either sitting on their hands or worse, actively involved in hosing you.

Some of those sitting on their hands have some excuse. They're married, they have a couple of kids (or more!) and they're occupied with trying to keep their lights on and food in the fridge, never mind preventing their three year old from braining their two year old with a Chinese-made plastic toy dinosaur. I get it; as long as their employer is still around and the paycheck doesn't bounce they'll keep on keeping on, never mind that they have a fair excuse in the form of "family stability."

But that doesn't change the fact that you've been had. You've been told by people like AOC, Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren and even Donald Trump that the stock market, the jobs numbers, and whether you can get an Uber is a good measure of success. You've been promised more and more "free stuff" and social media fills your brain with images of people who have "more and more."

It's a lie. That Uber driver is making less than a taxicab driver and has none of the protections the taxi cab dude does. Most of those drivers are in fact losing money when they add up the wear and tear on their vehicles plus the additional maintenance and insurance expense. None of them can actually maintain a household on the remaining income; it's impossible. I've run the math and virtually all of the so-called "gig economy" is set up this way on purpose. The Amazons of the world will try to entice you to go work in a warehouse where they intentionally design the work environment to wear you out -- mentally and physically -- and when you succumb you'll be thrown away like yesterday's kitty litter. After all, there's a line out the door to replace you. They all say there's a path to advancement. The facts say 1 in 100 people manage to survive their work environment long enough to achieve it. Every other business at an "entry level" is pulling the same crap too; they hold out the carrot of advancement and raises to get you to go work for them but it's a lie and it has nothing to do with merit; it's simply that as you get raises and promotions you get more expensive. That extra dollar or three an hour is one the owners can keep if they either can you or******you off enough that you quit and there's always another kid who will take your place.

The politicians all tell you that your college loans should be forgiven; that's their latest bid to buy your vote, but it's only the latest in a long line of lies. Note that not one of those politicians has proposed hanging the University officials that made college so ******ned expensive in the first place from the nearest lamppost, along with confiscating the college's endowment, for intentionally violating anti-trust law -- which is why you got screwed up the ass. When I was of college age you could literally spin pizzas or work at McDonalds' and not only pay for school you could live on your own at the same time in a dorm or apartment with a couple of friends. We put men on the moon with college graduates building those huge rockets under exactly that sort of college program and at that level of cost. Our flag is stuck in the surface of that rock as proof that it doesn't cost even a quarter of what's being charged today.

It's only so ******ned expensive today because you've been relentlessly and intentionally ****ed.

Ever notice that shop class disappeared from our Junior and Senior High Schools? In the 1970s every single kid learned how to weld, turn metal and wood on a lathe and build a lamp starting with a block of wood, a socket and a piece of wire. I took shop class because it was required. As a result I can weld -- both stick and gas -- run a lathe, a milling machine, saws and other tools -- and build or fix things. I may not be really good at any of it but I can do it because I learned how in eighth grade. Now most High School graduates don't know how to change a tire, say much less the oil in their car's engine or -- God forbid -- the camshaft.

The year I was born you could give birth for an amount of money that, inflated by the official Government's inflation numbers, comes to right about $1,000 today. Today giving birth is anywhere from $8,000+ and I assure you that the way you get pregnant and have that child hasn't changed a damn bit.

A year or so after I started MCSNet this is what my computer room at the shared office building I moved into (out of my apartment closet) looked like:

akcs-www

Yes, those were hand-built computers you see in the racks and the racks themselves were bread racks from the warehouse club. A guy by the name of Rom (yes, really) on Lincoln Ave sold us most of the "base" parts. There was always some sort of work going on in there, thus the things laying about. This was ~1993ish and I didn't go into one penny of debt during the entire time I ran the firm. Today, with all the benefit costs such as health insurance, taxes, fees and other screwings imposed on small businesses I've gone back and looked at my original business plan, updated it to reflect those costs along with today's rents, and I would have gone bankrupt.

Our government is not going to fix this.

The government is in fact making it worse at an ever-accelerating rate.

Remember, this is the same government -- and your parents -- who sat back while the Chicago Skyway toll went from $1 in the late 1980s to $5 today; that's 500% of what it used to cost for the exact same thing. An aberration? Nope -- they did it here too; $1.00 toll in 2000 with a promise that the bonds would be paid off and the tolls zeroed; instead it's now $3.50 each way with the transponder discount and several times as much debt outstanding. That's a $1,400 a year tax extracted from you to go to work. If you work a $10/hour wage job your entire first hour's pay after taxes is consumed by that damned bridge getting to and from work and yet nobody has been hanged for their lies.

Florida claims to have no income tax. Oh really? If you're working a $10/hour job, full-time, that's a nine percent income tax and you can't deduct it either. If you're working part time at that rate of pay it could easily be a 20% income tax right off the top. Why do the people put up with that sort of butt-reaming lie?

In the mid 1990s when I was running MCSNet a reasonably-healthy young adult could buy health insurance for fifty dollars a month. That's not conjecture -- it is what it actually cost in its entirety and I know it's a fact because I paid those bills on behalf of young employees for years, all of whom were individually rated. It was a good plan too, with an effectively-zero deductible. If you needed to go see a doctor for something you made the appointment and went to see him or her; there was no out-of-pocket cost. That's cheaper than your car insurance -- and I had the exact same health insurance, even though I was the CEO, as did every one of my employees.

How's that working out for all you young folks now?

The government and companies are doing all of this on purpose and the people in the government are split between useful idiots who can't find their ass with both hands and those who have as their true intent screwing you to within an inch of your life and getting kickbacks of one sort or another, which is how and why they all get rich. Nancy Pelosi has seen her net worth quadruple to more than $125 million over the last few years yet she gets paid a salary under $200k.

None of this is an accident; basic statistics tell us that honest mistakes help you as often as they hurt. These are all intentional acts as they all go one way.

The drugs, homelessness and other nastiness you see is a result of all this screwing. You can choose to go that way and destroy yourself but when you're young you have options and thus I strongly recommend you don't commit slow suicide on a sidewalk. You have stamina and adaptability that older people do not, for openers.

Like it or not there simply aren't any material number of people who are willing to write a blank check that might get cashiered, then start building gallows on the National Mall along with every state and local government's lawn. In 1776 the people decided they'd had enough of this crap (largely over a 3% tax!), wrote those blank checks and told the British to blow goats. The British tried to come take their ammunition at Concord and they got shot. Many of those Colonists (and plenty of British Regulars) died but America exists because they both said it and meant it. The majority of the Founding Fathers were either killed or died penniless; not only did they write those blank checks many of them got cashed. Whether it's all the Ritalin you were force-fed as children, everyone having their face buried in a phone 20 hours a day, being sucked into a debt trap or some combination of the above that's no longer the case. Choosing to be a lone nut, which is what you'd be if you try to stop this crap on your own, simply means you're dead, you'll be called a terrorist and worse, nothing will change.

So if you're young -- if you're in your late teens or 20s -- get out there and enjoy what there is to enjoy before more -- and maybe all of it -- is gone.

If there's somewhere you'd really like to go live for a year, two or three -- do it.

If you're part of a couple, both of you go do it. Compromise on the how, where and what -- but go do it and do it now. Not next year -- right here, right now.

Why?

Because there is a very good chance that in the next five or so years, and maybe in as little as a year or two down the road you won't be able to do it any more at all.

Not just because you'll be older, although that will be part of it. No, the rest will be because the rot is going to get worse and it might get a lot worse. Life-threateningly worse. That which is there and beautiful today may well be gone tomorrow, or at least inaccessible. Contemplate simply the Greta Thunburgs of the world who would love to tell you that you cannot own a car that can go more than 200 miles at one time. Drive to Yellowstone? Forget it; it'll take you a week with all the stops instead of a couple of days, the hotels won't be $50/night as with all the taxes and surcharges they'll be $200, it'll be illegal to sleep in the car under penalty of a $500 ticket and that's if you're allowed to go in at all and the charging stations aren't prohibitively expensive to use.

The rhetoric from people like Greta now includes explicit threats of violence. Oh, she "walked it back", but "we will make sure they, that we put them against the wall, and that they will have to do their job and to protect our futures" is pretty clear in any language; we all know damn that the next thing done after that if the demand is not immediately met is that you shoot them.

When I was younger I seriously considered taking a month or two and going over to Europe, buying a Eurail Pass and staying at hostels. The staying part was cheap, the flight reasonable, and the Eurail Pass would get you nearly anywhere. I didn't do it and I regret it. Today much of what was there in terms of culture is gone. Unbridled importation of "refugees" has made large swaths of Europe unsafe, prices have risen to the point that you can't do that sort of travel any more at any kind of reasonable cost and it's getting worse rather than better. There are parts of France you cannot go into safely as a white person, say much less a not-french-speaking white person. Two or three decades ago that was unheard of.

Oh sure, there are still places in Europe you can visit and enjoy. But it's not what it was, the change is not for the better and it's not improving.

The math on this is pretty clear. Now I might be wrong -- I freely admit that. But if I am -- what have you lost? If you go and both see and do what you want to now, while you're young -- whether it's living in this place or that -- what cost did that impose on you? If you deplete your savings and the world improves in the US instead of going down the crapper so will your personal and economic opportunities, so you've in fact lost nothing! Indeed you have gained much -- including living in a place that makes you smile in the morning just by being there.

But if not you may well look back 20, 30 or 40 years from now and deeply regret that mistake. Worse, if it all goes to Hell right here in America five years hence where there are no hamburgers for ordinary people because we can't afford them and you're beset upon by some group trying to literally rip the clothes off your back you won't draw your last breath muttering "I wish I'd gone to live in Colorado and spent the last two years hiking in the summer and skiing in the winter."

I am 61 and lived my whole life doing whatever I want thats just who I am, I have lived in 4 different states married 4 times 2 kids that I took 100% responsibility for, one works for me and will take the business in a few years. It worked for me no regrets. Marty