• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Problems viewing with Safari.....

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Gasoline Prices..........

pixie said:
Doesn't work with Safari
Pixie, consider changing to FireFox. I like Safari, some features are great, but FireFox seems to work better with more websites that I visit.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter

B_Skurka said:
Pixie, consider changing to FireFox. I like Safari, some features are great, but FireFox seems to work better with more websites that I visit.

:eek: I had to change back to IE because FireFox is not compatible with many sites I use. I've tried FireFox about a half a dozen times but always end up having to go back to IE.:(

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Dargo said:
:eek: I had to change back to IE because FireFox is not compatible with many sites I use. I've tried FireFox about a half a dozen times but always end up having to go back to IE.:(
I find it pretty darn good. There are some extentions that seem to be needed to make it more compatible, and you also need to upload the assorted realtime, quicktime, etc players to get it to work. But that is true with any of the browsers. I think most folks forget about those things. If your realtime player is set to work with IE, you need to get it to work with FireFox, Safari, Netscape, etc or those programs won't work with websites that use those extentions.

So if you've tried and it didn't work, chances are you need to install the various pieces and also make sure you set your computer so your 'default' browser is Firefox, if you don't and you download an extention, it will end up being installed on your default browser, not on Firefox.

BoneheadNW said:
Why would a site like that not work with some software?
Bonehead
HOWEVER, I set SAFARI aside as an exception. It is a Mac only program that does lack some compatibility. I was never able to get it to work with the security panels on my bank website. And as much of my job depends on my ability to work through my bank website, I had to abandon Safari. There are other issues with Safari that seem to make it a special case.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Dargo said:

Me to. I have to keep both going. I"ve had Firefox lock up on me completely. Only a reboot will fix it. If I'm not in the mood to reboot, I just switch to IE.

Sad part is IE was lax on enforcing HTML / CSS rules. So it displays mistakes in coding as if they are not mistakes. Firefox is more 'rule aware'. This ends up working against firefox. IE allowed bad code for so long, many people do not even know their code has errors in it. They obviously don't test on all available browsers. But in the end it makes us use IE for some things.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Decided to split the thread and create a new thread since the original went off topic so quickly. Besides, I needed the practice learning about the new software. I am making this post only because some people will wonder where the original went when they don't see it in the gasoline price thread. With all these new threads, we are weaving a complicated fabric ...

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
IE is like an old pair of shoes with me, I have used it so long I hate to change. I don't think at his point I have the patience to learn a new system and relearn the the process to make it work like it can. Maybe someday I can just sit down and play with firefox more to see what I may be missing. My daughter uses firefox and likes the system functions. When I am visiting her I get lost easily on her computer, but can usually find my way back home.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
IE was the reason I had to abandon my Imac. It kept saying it was out of memory but there was no way to fix it.

I'm not too good with computers. If it pretty much works, I don't mess with it. Not like some of my friends that will keep pushing buttons till it seizes :pat:

I wouldn't even know where to find Firefox if I had the nerve to try it. I figure that there are fewer bad things cooked up for the more obscure browsers and OSs and I don't really care about missing out on most of things Safari won't load.

Thanks for the suggestion, though :D

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't think you are missing out on too much. Safari is still my favorite browser, but for my business I just can't use it. I do keep it on my machines and when I run into a problem with Firefox I switch to Safari!