• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Raccoon In Distress!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSxL7o8-awI"]‪Raccoon w/ chef boyardee can on it's head‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
LOL!
I know you do Peanut Buttah..
Poor thing.. I bet it went right back and got into the same predicament.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
If you shoot the can with a .22, it will release the vacuum and allow the can to come right off.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I live in a big city we don't have critters like that around. Why would you want to shoot it? Not like a deer that you would eat.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I live in a big city we don't have critters like that around. Why would you want to shoot it? Not like a deer that you would eat.

My grandparents ate Raccoon all the time and as a child I ate it many times. Today I wouldn't touch it.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
My grandparents ate Raccoon all the time and as a child I ate it many times. Today I wouldn't touch it.

Yeah, but that was road kill, and it had a "Flat" taste to it!:yum:

Looked like that critter was coming back after the can was pulled off to do some leg chewing!

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Dave!!!!!!!:hammer::hammer::hammer::yum:

What?!?! He was just talking physics and vacuum!

'Course the 'coon was breathing and I didn't hear a "Pop" when the can was yanked off his head!

So could be the .22 was a cheap ploy at target practice! But it sure sounded logical!:whistling:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

For those of us who have too many of them, let me enlighten you.

1- They can tear the siding off your home
2- They can tear the soffits off your home and get in your home
3- They can get into your garbage cans, you literally need to strap them closed
4- They can kill your dogs, or tear them up
5- They are cute and cuddly but they are also aggressive and mean.

I have no problem with them if they stay in the woods, but any raccoon inside the fenced portion of my yard is a problem or a real potential problem. Live with them and you'll see these problems first hand.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
For those of us who have too many of them, let me enlighten you.

1- They can tear the siding off your home
2- They can tear the soffits off your home and get in your home
3- They can get into your garbage cans, you literally need to strap them closed
4- They can kill your dogs, or tear them up
5- They are cute and cuddly but they are also aggressive and mean.

I have no problem with them if they stay in the woods, but any raccoon inside the fenced portion of my yard is a problem or a real potential problem. Live with them and you'll see these problems first hand.

6- Raccoon's account for 41% of all diagnosed cases of rabies in wild animals. If you have domestic animals or children, then the raccoon's have to go bye bye.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dave, that doesn't surprise me.

Like I said, if they are on the far side of the fence they get to live.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter