• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bye Bye Charlie!!

grizzer

It's not much but we'll take it :clap:

AP source: Ethics panel finds Rangel broke rules

By LARRY MARGASAK
The Associated Press
Thursday, February 25, 2010; 7:04 PM

WASHINGTON -- The Associated Press has learned that the House ethics committee has concluded that Ways and Means Committee Chairman Charles Rangel knowingly accepted Caribbean trips in violation of House rules that forbid hidden financing by corporations.
A congressional source familiar with the findings but not authorized to be quoted by name said at least four of members of the Congressional Black Caucus on the trips in 2007 and 2008 have been exonerated.
Rangel is one of the most influential members of Congress because the committee he chairs writes laws setting tax rates and oversees Medicare and Social Security benefits. The decision is certain to raise questions whether he can continue that role in an election year in which Congress must deal with several expiring tax laws.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/25/AR2010022504884.html?hpid=topnews

mak2

I can only take a very cheap pen or coffee cup because I am a fed. That is about it. They all suck, not just the black guys.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Blah, blah, blah. This guy is the Teflon man, and a little thing like an ethics violation will be overlooked by his fellow thieves. It's just a little bump in the road for a liberal. Now, if it were a Republican, then he or she would be hounded to immediately step down from their position for the good of the American people, and a Congressional investigation would be convened to look into every one of his living and dead family members, contributors and constituents. Funny how the rules are applied in Congress.:yum::yum::yum: I hope they nail his ass to the wall and drum him out of office, the sleezy bum.

mak2

Cause I did not see the exonerated part. Nevermind. But all of em are still crooked as far as I can tell

mak2

I cant take a nice coffee cup or a cross pen from a rep because of influence peddling, but the guys who really can peddle influence can take all kinds of stuff. aint right, I need a new coffee cup.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
If they would boot Rangel out it would be the first time they actually did their jobs this year. Highly unlikely it will happen.