• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Ricky Raccoon

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I put my live trap out the other night to catch some rabbits who are invading my garden which has not worked as the rabbits are too light. Dang things go in and out taking all the food they want. My daughter is laughing at me as we watch them go in and out. However this morning I noticed the trap was tripped so I went down there and found out I got me a raccoon which explains why so many young plants that I just planted a week ago are pulled out. Dang thing is eating the seeds. Since I am associated deeply with PETA I took the trap and Ricky about 5 miles away and released him instead of killing him. I was told that they have a radius of about 10 acres for roaming but is 5 miles far enough away or will Ricky come back?

Steve

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
if he's really just a juvenile - and you dropped him in a good location as far as food and shelter, he shouldn't come back.
I don't believe the 10 acre thing as I've seen them cover about a 1/4 mile radius around here no problem.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
He might not be back but his papa and big brother will be hunting you down. :yum:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
is 5 miles far enough away or will Ricky come back?
I doubt it'll come back on it's one. Since you made it a problem for someone else, they may live catch and move it 5 miles away (back towards your house).

I'd propose you dispose of properly next time.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I doubt it'll come back on it's one. Since you made it a problem for someone else, they may live catch and move it 5 miles away (back towards your house).

I'd propose you dispose of properly next time.

I dumped him in the middle of a wooded area that does not have any buildings within a mile or so. Next time:whistling:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
crock pot solves all...

My youngest daughter who is basically an animal lover does not believe that my grandmother use to feed us Raccoon all the time. I don't know how I can get her to believe me.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
nothing wrong with that. it's a bit greasy - but not as bad as opossum or pot-bellied pig... add some 4 men and a pig BBQ sauce and all will be well - you won't even have to tell her what it was, but if she does ask, tell her it's a new delicacy meat called procyon. (and don't play any Ringo Starr albums for a few days...)

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I dumped him in the middle of a wooded area that does not have any buildings within a mile or so. Next time:whistling:

Murph. Your lesson for today...

Let's get started.

The dog let's us know the trap is loaded.

Attachments

• CIMG7235.jpg
    CIMG7235.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 1,188

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The exterminator is ready

Attachments

• CIMG7236.jpg
    CIMG7236.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 391

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
No more varmint problem.

That concludes today's lesson on how to eradicate nuisance critters.

Attachments

• CIMG7240.jpg
    CIMG7240.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 401

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
bc can the same be applied to nuisance Neighbors:clap:

Great job and reps for the young man.

Bamby

I don't know about the coons in your neck of the woods, but the ones around here can really put some territory under them when they chose to. I used to have and own coon dogs at one time. And some of those coons especially the big old boars would sometimes run for miles with a dog on their behinds. And considering some of the tricks they used attempting to lose the dogs that were chasing them, they almost had to have know and utilized all this area before. I'd say a coons home area is a lot larger than anyone may realize.