• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Wicked Raccoon

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DfGf4M3QZo"]YouTube - Raccoon Willie: I Hate You![/ame]

:smileywac

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
There's nothing there that a .22 short between the eyes wouldn't take care off .
I hate those little vandals with a passion . They're not much more than a sellf propelled rabies plague .:hide:

urednecku

Site Supporter
There's nothing there that a .22 short between the eyes wouldn't take care off .
I hate those little vandals with a passion . They're not much more than a sellf propelled rabies plague .:hide:
And make it a hollow-point, just to make sure.
Agreed on the rabies--a veterinarian told me the rabies can be passed from one generation to the next for, I think about 5 or 6 generations.
And one large 'coon can destroy about $8 to $15.00 worth of oranges per night, depending on the price that year. I'm not sure how much they cost a watermelon grower, or corn. But you can bet, it's plenty.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
I've got to confess that at one time I thought that they were cute,harmless little critters . But after ten years of living in the sticks , I see them as vermin .
They are no better than rats in my eyes .
And as far as hollow points ... Nope I'll go with a solid bullet . I want to make sure it gets through their thick skull .

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've got to confess that at one time I thought that they were cute,harmless little critters . But after ten years of living in the sticks , I see them as vermin .
They are no better than rats in my eyes .
And as far as hollow points ... Nope I'll go with a solid bullet . I want to make sure it gets through their thick skull .

Apparently, we think alike...

I found out a few weeks ago that if you hit them with 00-buck, it makes them do some incredible acrobatics. I thought I had 7-shot in there but as soon as I fired and saw the 2 1/2 back flip with a full twist, I knew it was something a bit more powerful.

The judges scored him at 7.5, 8.0, 7.0, 8.5 & 8.0

sports850

So , technically , what are Raccoon's ? Are they a rodent or something related to squirrels and the like ?

EDIT , also why is this clown filming it and not belting it with a lump of wood at least for destroying the kitchen ???

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
So , technically , what are Raccoon's ? Are they a rodent or something related to squirrels and the like ?

EDIT , also why is this clown filming it and not belting it with a lump of wood at least for destroying the kitchen ???

Don't really know how to classify them . To Me they are 30 lb rats .
As to Your edit , I suspect it was his pet ,and He thought it was cute to film .

sports850

Yeah , but any pet that does that much damage get's some re-education of some form .... I'd be putting some super hot chilli sauce around the edges where it chews on them to get the message across at the least .

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter

That's what I wondered too.
Seemed sort of strange to allow the little monster to tear the place up, and film it the entire time :blink:

k-dog

My dog likes to get after them. He's a 100 pound shepherd lab mix. The first coon he trapped it up on the swingset and I dispatch him with a .22 rifle. The second one didn't get away. The surprising part was he brought it down to my daughter like it was a present to her. It looked like it was asleep as there was no visible trauma to the coon but it was dead and was a rather large one.
Dog is fine as we keep him up to date on all shots. Called health dept. and they said to dispose and they didn't need to test it.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
My dog likes to get after them. He's a 100 pound shepherd lab mix. The first coon he trapped it up on the swingset and I dispatch him with a .22 rifle. The second one didn't get away. The surprising part was he brought it down to my daughter like it was a present to her. It looked like it was asleep as there was no visible trauma to the coon but it was dead and was a rather large one.
Dog is fine as we keep him up to date on all shots. Called health dept. and they said to dispose and they didn't need to test it.
K-Dog, I had my dog outside at 3am one morning to potty her, when she was a puppy.
This enormous raccoon came out from under a bush beside my patio and had it's back all hunched up, looking like it was ready to attack her or something.:shock:... ever since that incident, I don't trust them at all, even though I love all animals, to me they are pests.
God knows why some people keep them as pets.:hammer:

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
K-Dog, I had my dog outside at 3am one morning to potty her, when she was a puppy.
This enormous raccoon came out from under a bush beside my patio and had it's back all hunched up, looking like it was ready to attack her or something.:shock:... ever since that incident, I don't trust them at all, even though I love all animals, to me they are pests.
God knows why some people keep them as pets.:hammer:

So the dog was outweighed by 25 lbs???:yum::yum: I am more worried about Distemper than rabies with them....:furious: If they are on the road they live... near the house they die...

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
So the dog was outweighed by 25 lbs???:yum::yum: I am more worried about Distemper than rabies with them....:furious: If they are on the road they live... near the house they die...
:smile:.. Gretch was probably all of 2 lbs at that time Jeremy.
I snatched her up and never ran inside the house so fast in all my life!!:yum: