• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Anyone got an easy recipe for venison?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm going to cook a couple venison tenderloins in about an hour.

Normally, I let my neighbors do the venison cooking as they does a fantastic job.

No neighbors nor wife around to help me out here.

Before I just slap them on the grill, does anyone have a suggestion?

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Brian; Yeah, I do! I would roast them just like pork tenderloins. A package of Liptons onion soup mix, poured on top, a clove of garlic minced, salt and pepper. Put in roaster, and roast at 350 for about an hour, or about an hour per pound, or done to your liking. Oh yeah, and boil up some redskin potatos, the little ones. In the water, add a butt load of garlicsalt, and boil til tender. Serve with "real" butter. Steam some fresh whole greenbeans in a steamer, with a bunch of dillweed on top of the beans.:thumb: I just ate, but I'm making myself hungry again.:tiphat::beer:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks John but you're 18 minutes too late. :(

I cut the loins into cubes.
Put in large skillet with:
1 can french onion soup
approx. 1/4 cup banana peppers
Some garlic powder

It's on real low heat simmering for the next 45 minutes or so.
I'll let you know how it turns out.

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
That sounds good too. I like peppers with almost anything. I prefer the hot ones though.:thumb::beer:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
johnday said:
I like peppers with almost anything. I prefer the hot ones though.:thumb::beer:
They are hot banana peppers. Didn't think of getting the hotter ones out. Dang... too late.

Deerlope

Slice at 1/4" and place in frying pan with lots of onions and butter cook until done or marinate slices in Italian dressing for 24 hrs then fry with onions. Serve with Bread and butter and beer.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Deerlope said:
Slice at 1/4" and place in frying pan with lots of onions and butter cook until done
I tried that last time... it was a bit tough. :confused: Cook it hot or let it simmer? (I did hot)

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK, it's done.

Mmmmmmm.

Looking at it, I guess I should have considered putting it over some sort of noodles. Too late to cook them so I substituted bananas (cut the long way of course).

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
funny BC, I did the same thing before reading your post. I think it is a grand idea.

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
working woman said:
never thought I'd see the day were men swap receips!

maybe another new section added to the forums??

WW, Us men have finally been liberated too! Crap, I haven't worn underwear in at least 6 years!!:eek:

Yup, I can bring home the bacon, and fry it up too!!!:thumb::tiphat::beer: