• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Any other Alaskans out there?

AKdadio

I live in Anchorage and just became a new Imp owner. Will most likely have questions and would like to know if there are any other Imp owners in Anch or close to Anch. Hope to hear. . .

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome and "yes" there are others from Alaska. PM B_Skurka, he's our SnowCat forum guru!

First and foremost................enjoy the forum!

:thumb:

alaska741

Welcome to the forum:wave: I am glad to see you just purchased an Imp.
I live in Fairbanks and currenty have a Tucker 322 and also a Hagglund bv206.
There is a lot of people on this forum that will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have.:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:
Post often and remember:weneedpic
Ken:wave:

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum. Post some pics and show us your Thiokol Imp. They are a great older snow cat. My first personal cat was also a 1974 Thiokol Imp and it never let me down. I live in WY so I will not be much help unless it is just via email.....
:weneedpic

AKdadio

For those who are curious what it looks like. . . more moose getter than snow cat. Thanks for replies- Alaskan's make yourself known.

Attachments

• imp front.jpg
    imp front.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_6549.jpg
    IMG_6549.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 165

flathorn

Just found you are from Alaska. I Don't live there , but my cabin is not too far from you. I have a cabin on Flathorn Lake. It is across the inlet from Anchorage just a little to the east of the Big Su. The iditarod can be watched from my cabin while sitting next to the woodstove. guess where my name came from. The cabin is 13 miles from the nearest road. Regards Flathorn

samwe

I am in Alaska.
I am going to build Snow Cat, or buy a Snow Trac if I can convince the owner to sell it.