• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

wednesday's Rusty deal!

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Are you really thinking of opening a bar?

If so, here's some thoughts (just about "Jager shots are half-off from 11am-12pm")
Why are you offering 1/2 off shots in the morning? If you're going to have a special, offer it during times when people will actually use it. How many start out their morning with a shot? If it's a lunchtime special, you may need to have something that doesn't leave that nasty taste (Jager in particular) for people that are returning to work.

I haven't been to a bar in many years but isn't (or wasn't) there a law about offering reduced price drinks for a short period of time (e.g. happy hour)? It was to stop people from binging during that period.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Are you really thinking of opening a bar?

If so, here's some thoughts (just about "Jager shots are half-off from 11am-12pm")
Why are you offering 1/2 off shots in the morning? If you're going to have a special, offer it during times when people will actually use it. How many start out their morning with a shot? If it's a lunchtime special, you may need to have something that doesn't leave that nasty taste (Jager in particular) for people that are returning to work.

I haven't been to a bar in many years but isn't (or wasn't) there a law about offering reduced price drinks for a short period of time (e.g. happy hour)? It was to stop people from binging during that period.

i am, indeed. and that time frame was because thats when i thought to post it here, lol. that sounds more like a sunday evening deal, when there wont be as many people in the bar. i dunno about that law, tho every bar i go to has happy hours, and daily specials, so im not sure about that.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
In Ks you can do daily specials, but you can't have reduced price drinks during "happy hour" - although reduced price appetizers are OK.
When you open your bar, don't forget the dart boards.