• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hello from West, 'By God', Virginia

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome to Forums Forums Antonio. Which part of West 'By God' VA are ya from? I work in the Parkersburg area and live in "The Heart of it All: Ohio. :D
Enjoy and post often! :thumb: :D

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Can't......resist......any....longer.

So does "by God" imply "almost Heaven" ?

Hey, I'm not even the most facetious one here! At least I don't think I am. :hide: But if you've been lurking already, no warning needed! :mrgreen:

AntonioVavalde

I am originally from Morgantown, but currently live in Charleston.

Let's go Mountaineers!

I guess you could say I'm a bit of a college football/basketball fan.

:biggrin:

I was just in Parkersburg the other day.

AntonioVavalde

'By God' could mean "Almost Heaven". It could also mean, "Open for Business". If you're from WV you'll get it.

Our state struggles with mottos.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
I am originally from Morgantown, but currently live in Charleston.

Let's go Mountaineers!

I guess you could say I'm a bit of a college football/basketball fan.

:biggrin:

I was just in Parkersburg the other day.

I was born in Clarksburg and my Dad and Grandma still live a bit east of Bridgeport on Rt. 50.

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
If you're from WV you'll get it.

Nope didn't quite follow; I'll have to do some googling regarding that later.

I have a tractor built out your way [actually visited the plant/showroom/testing grounds a few years back]. My wife says I have a love/hate relationship with it: it's so handy, I often find projects just at the end of its limits then complain about poor performance, until the next project!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nope didn't quite follow; I'll have to do some googling regarding that later.

The current Governor of WV (Manson) changed the state motto from "Almost Heaven" to "Open for Business". So they spent thousands changing all the state signs. The new slogan did not take hold with the populous. After lots of complaining I think they are going to change the motto back (not positive if that is a final decision or not at this point).

AntonioVavalde

Good job, Doc. I'm impressed. So much money wasted. We're a poor state in the first place... the last thing we need to do is spend money on road signs if we don't have to.

American Woman

Site Supporter
Hey AV from central Fla. welcome to FF!
So give us something to go on here. What'cha do, what'cha like ta do, where do ya do it, and who do ya do it with? :yum:
:hide:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Good job, Doc. I'm impressed. So much money wasted. We're a poor state in the first place... the last thing we need to do is spend money on road signs if we don't have to.

Sounds like your going to like the Dabate and Discussion area :hide: Lots of politics there.

Anyways welcome from God's Country. :yum:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Well..... enjoy yourself here . Theres lots of areas to choose from .

AntonioVavalde

What's up with all the pictures of tractors? Hey... I like tractors as much as the next guy, but wow... you all are quite the tractor pros.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Many on this forum belonged to a tractor forum way before this forum was started. So we have a lot of tractor guys here. :thumb: :D

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
BigAl said:
Well..... enjoy yourself here . Theres lots of areas to choose from .

Who said anything about choosing?! You eventually windup posting in almost all of them....

What's up with all the pictures of tractors? Hey... I like tractors as much as the next guy, but wow... you all are quite the tractor pros.

Yep, between the tractor guys Doc mentioned and the SnowCat guys Skurka and others have brought along, theres no lack of horsepower around here to drag you into the mud - if you don't find your way there yourself.

On the positive, I now smell like a tanker truck, but my PT is no longer gelled up! I think the IH will be more cooperative, but we'll see. If you like the old ones, I have a '29 McCormick Deering 22-36 half apart and going from the machine shed to the garage soon as I now have most of the engine parts here.

k-dog

Welcome from a fellow West Virginian. Born and raised in the Eastern Panhandle and still live there. My parents have a vacation place up in Preston County just across the MD line near Cranesville Swamp. Of course whenever we go up there, the wife always heads into Morgantown for shopping.

I'm a big Mountaineer fan as well.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

Yeah Doc was right................the first members migrated here from a tractor forum.
So some of us post pictures of tractors, but some post pictures of guns and some post pictures of boobies :yum: