• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Who would you choose?

Who would you want negotiating with Putin / Russia about the placement of US missles?

• GW Bush

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • A. Gore

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • J. Kerry

• H. Clinton

• B. Obama

• J. Edwards

• J. McCain

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • R. Giuliani

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • M. Romney

• M. Huckabee

• R. Paul

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Most of you know I am not a fan of GW Bush. However, the way things went at the c8 summit with Putin this week got me to thinking. Who would I rather have representing the US and negotiating with Russia / Putin.

Of all the presidential contenders of recent years (past and present) I have to admit GW was the man for this job. And from what I've heard on the news it appears he did a fine job of calming the situation.

What is your take on this?
I'll add a poll ....

I left out Fred Thompson and Newt Gingrich and others who are not yet offically running. Otherwise I would have had a tougher time choosing as I believe Fred Thompson would also be able to handle the task at hand.
While I've seen good things posted here on FF about Ron Paul, I know nothing of the man, and did not see any of the presidential debates so far. He sounds good from what some of you have typed, but I would need more info before choosing him.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
I'd have to agree with that statement.

I've lost alot of respect and support for GW, but for now he's all we got and is certainly better than kerry or bore.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It would be nice if Ronald Reagan could have been a choice...

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It would be nice if Ronald Reagan could have been a choice...

That is a whole other question in my mind. I started to add Bill Clinton to the poll, but I decided that putting past presidents in the mix would have complicated it even more. All the choices are ones who have tried or are trying to be president in this century. No sense mixing in presidents from previous centuries in this particular question. :D

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Most of you know I am not a fan of GW Bush. However, the way things went at the c8 summit with Putin this week got me to thinking. Who would I rather have representing the US and negotiating with Russia / Putin.

You're not saying GW had anything to do with calming Putin, are you? Seems to me Putin rattled a saber and then extended an olive branch all on his own. I think he (Putin) must have merely felt left out of the missile defense program.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You're not saying GW had anything to do with calming Putin, are you? Seems to me Putin rattled a saber and then extended an olive branch all on his own. I think he (Putin) must have merely felt left out of the missile defense program.

No, I'm not saying I would prefer him because he could charm Putin. But, I believe GW is bull headed enough that if Putin had not blinked (extended the olive branch) I don't believe GW would have blinked either. JMHO