• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

USN photos of the sick kid rescue from a busted sailboat

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Stupid blow boater WAFIs (wind assisted fuckin idiots) bringing young children on an extended cruise.

Poor kids.

And we gotta pay for their stoopidity.

bilbo

He is a friend of mine, 20 years in the Coast Guard, waited for the arrival of his newest child to embark, encountered many threads & discussions both pro and con.

Very Intelligent person with much drive/skill, hate to see the dream that both he and his wife had cut so short because the baby became sick so soon. I'm glad that for the young ones sake that he choose to seek help.

grizzer

The story reminded me of a long out of print nook book I read over winter "The Autobiography of Mary Astor" She was pregnant with first kid, 2nd hubby a MD figured to buy a yacht, cruise to HI, sell the yacht (covering all trip expenses) and take the Lurline ocean liner back to CA in plenty of time to have the kid on the mainland.

The yacht was trashed in a quick storm in sight of HI, she had the kid prematurely in HI. Needless to say the repairs and extended stay blew their budget. The Hawaiian natives gave the kid her middle name.

Glad to see your buddy got out of his pickle.