• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Damned nurses!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Damned nurses.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Gotta try and maintain a professional atmosphere at all times--
However.. we do laugh at some things in a lighthearted way to keep our sanity.

There is this man who'd been on rehab after a spinal surgery.
Mentioned him before-- he's 80 years old-- now a resident in the NH... has the wit and mind of someone much younger.
He talks constantly about the world of politics, says he always wanted Newt Gingrich to be President.
Then he rambles on about Reagan vs Gingrich.
You don't dare mention Obama around him.
I joke with him and call him 'you old Democrat you'... boy, that gets him going.

Patty and I had an admission back in June.. a very obese man who'd neglected his hygiene and diabetes.
We did his admission together.. she took notes, I did the tape,grid and vitals.
Caught some nasty funk under his belly and got down to have a closer look and measure the area for future treatment.
Went to the bathroom and got a wash cloth to cleanse it.. and she's laughing hysterically because I'd gotten that close to examine him.

Nothing much shocks me or makes me laugh much about how the physical makeup differs.. it's the expressive minds and those under my care that make me smile AND laugh.

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Sometimes patients give us reasons to laugh. I recall a guy who had a tattoo on the tip of his penis...a smiley face utilizing the urethral opening for a nose. : 0 )