• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Oh those peaceful British Muslims, they love to share their religion of tolerance

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Religious tolerance?

Free speech issues?

The religion of peace?

Lots of people criticize my religion. I've yet to beat any of them. Yes, sometimes I do find it offensive. Rarely, but sometimes. When someone intentionally mischaracterizes my religion with malice, that is offensive to me. But if someone simply doesn't understand it, and makes a comment that is wrong/wrongheaded, even if it is done in clear malice, I can't get all that worked up about it. I'll correct them with the actual position of the church. If they don't like it, believe it, etc that is their choice. But it seems like some of the 'radical' muslims are just so bizarre in what they do. And sadly there seems to be a lot of 'radicals' within that faith.

As reported by FOX:
Christian Minister Beaten After Clashing With Muslims on TV
Monday, March 16, 2009
PrintShareThis
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,509310,00.html

A Christian minister in London who has clashed with Muslims on his television show says he was brutally attacked by three men who warned him, "if you go back to the studio, we’ll break your legs," the Daily Mail reported on Sunday.

The newspaper said Reverend Noble Samuel was driving to his studio when a car pulled over in front of him. A man got out and came over to ask him directions.

"He put his hand into my window, which was half open, and grabbed my hair and opened the door," Samuel said. "He grabbed my cross and pulled it off and it fell on the floor. He was swearing. The other two men came from the car and took my laptop and Bible."

Police were treating the incident as a "faith hate" assault and were looking for three Asian men.

Pakistani-born Samuel, 48, hosts the hour-long Asian Gospel Show on the Venus satellite channel from studios in Wembley, England.

During the live broadcast, station owner Tahir Al, a Muslim, appeared on-air to condemn the attack.​

As reported by the British Press in the DailyMail: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1162039/Minister-beaten-clashing-Muslims-TV-show.html
Minister beaten after clashing with Muslims on his TV show
By JONATHAN PETRE
Last updated at 4:39 PM on 15th March 2009

A Christian minister who has had heated arguments with Muslims on his TV Gospel show has been brutally attacked by three men who ripped off his cross and warned: ‘If you go back to the studio, we’ll break your legs.’

The Reverend Noble Samuel was driving to the studio when a car pulled over in front of him. A man got out and came over to ask him directions in Urdu.

Mr Samuel, based at Heston United Reformed Church, West London, said: ‘He put his hand into my window, which was half open, and grabbed my hair and opened the door.

article-1162039-03E50C9F000005DC-487_468x541.jpg

Frightened: TV minister Noble Samuel

He started slapping my face and punching my neck. He was trying to smash my head on the steering wheel.

Then he grabbed my cross and pulled it off and it fell on the floor. He was swearing. The other two men came from the car and took my laptop and Bible.’

The Metropolitan Police are treating it as a ‘faith hate’ assault and are hunting three Asian men.

In spite of the attack, Mr Samuel went ahead with his hour-long live Asian Gospel Show on the Venus satellite channel from studios in Wembley, North London. During the show the Muslim station owner Tahir Ali came on air to condemn the attack.

Pakistan-born Mr Samuel, 48, who was educated by Christian missionaries and moved to Britain 15 years ago, said that over the past few weeks he has received phone-in calls from people identifying themselves as Muslims who challenged his views.

‘They were having an argument with me,’ he said. ‘They were very aggressive in saying they did not agree with me. I said those are your views and these are my views.’

He said that he, his wife Louisa, 48, and his son Naveed, 19, now fear for their safety, and police have given them panic alarms. ‘I am frightened and depressed,’ he said. ‘My show is not confrontational.’