• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A world without religion

daedong

I do not wish this thread to turn into a them versus us thread, but if it does it will answer my question.

Would the world be a better place without religion, by this I mean beliefs in supernaturals, worship of physical objects etc. Though religion has been blamed for many wars I think we would have still had them, but probably not so many though.

Would we be a more peaceful people, whats your view?

mak2

Our (worldwide) very social structure is built on deism of some sort. Nothing would be the same, it certainly would not be the Utopia some of you atheist try to make the argument for. Society would be more animalistic. Perhaps it would be a true suvivor of the fittest society. It is hard to imagine morals in a world with no God. I cannot think of any culture ever that has developed with some form of relegion. No or fewer wars, maybe. Interesting question.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Berg, the first link you gave in your second post is to the Klu-Klux-Klan. That is NOT a religion. It is a secretive social group with fascist motives but a structure similar to the Freemasons and the Shriners (who also wear funny hats + drive funny little cars).

Attachments

• 35 11 President Welcomes Imp Sir Maxwell.jpg
    35 11 President Welcomes Imp Sir Maxwell.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 25
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg