Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN

Go Back   Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN > Agriculture & DIY Forums > DIY Forums > DIY Tools Forum

Old 03-18-2017, 03:19 PM
Ford4Thought

Thanked 4,168 Times in 1,854 Posts
TiredRetired has a spectacular aura aboutTiredRetired has a spectacular aura about
Default Stanley Black Anodized tools

Looked at them today at Wally World. They are actually called Black Chrome, not anodized. My open end and box end wrenches are a little spotty with some of the more common sizes long since lost due to my carelessness in lending and losing. Instead of replacing what's missing I was looking at the Stanley Black coated wrenches today.

Mostly light duty use for me now. I would easily buy top quality if still in the trade but I am no longer, so.

What say you? If anyone is familiar with decent quality low or mid range wrenches I would appreciate opinions. At this stage of the game, I have no desire to pump big bucks into high end stuff I have no need for.

Last edited by TiredRetired; 03-18-2017 at 03:39 PM.
Old 03-18-2017, 09:54 PM
Bronze Member

deand1 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Stanley Black Anodized tools

I don't have a answer on the black tools, but I really like my box - end wrenches with the ratchet built into the box end. A small downside is the box end is a little larger around so tight spaces are difficult to use them on.
Old 03-19-2017, 12:16 AM
Gold Member

Thanked 1,559 Times in 844 Posts
EastTexFrank will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Stanley Black Anodized tools

I don't know anything about them TR so I'm no help.

I am a bit like you though. I seem to have collected sets of wrenches of all description, types and sizes over the years so I'm not in the market for any more. I've also managed to keep most of the sets complete. I'm usually pretty careful about such things because I hate hunting for stuff and trying to figure out just where the hell I used it last.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne as JB Books in "The Shootist".