• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New Study Confirms The Origin of Water on Earth: Asteroids

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wllkJ2lazaI"]New Study Confirms The Origin of Water on Earth: Asteroids - YouTube[/ame]

I think this is interesting especially since water is essential for life as we know it. Water evidently came for asteroids collisions. Must be some wet ones lol..

Regards, Kirk

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
New Study Confirms The Origin of Water on Earth: Asteroids - YouTube

I think this is interesting especially since water is essential for life as we know it. Water evidently came for asteroids collisions. Must be some wet ones lol..

Regards, Kirk

Well, even the orator admitted this is only one sample and that hardly confirms the theory behind the headline.

My first question after watching the video, is "WHAT SOURCE?" From where did that asteroid come? If the asteroid is from our solar system, and most of the ones in the system are, then it is likely that all water in our solar system was created here. Thus making it very likely their water would be similar, if not identical, to ours.

And that theory would allow that the earth created it's own water internally as well.

Comets are not from our solar system but balls of carbon and ice floating about the galaxy trapped by the gravity well of our sun. Asteroids, on the other hand, seem to be the debris left over from the construction of our current solar system. They are, by contrast to comets, from here.

Also, in conflict with the asteroid idea, is in the simple physics. The percentage of water in an asteroid is relatively small compared to it's overall mass. How many megatons of asteroid debris would it take to fill our oceans?

Where is that debris?

Why does our water have to have been brought from "some where?" A curious question, yes?

I'm still in the self generating school of thought on this. Whilst we do have extra terrestrial H2O coming to the earth from space, I believe, and logic suggests, the majority of our water was more likely created during the evolution of the planet.

Last edited: