• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

canceled aol today

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
or i think i cancelled aol today. spent 25 minutes on the phone .first person couldn't speak english good enough for me to understand. so i asked for another.
$300 a year they kept upping it .
i finally said "i'm saying no and your saying yes. who do you think will win?."
what a pain, i should have put it off another week.
i been with them since dialup days. 1980??
hope i don't get any company today. maybe i'll go chop some wood.
jim

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
damm i'm old . thanks alot
today is really going down hill

Noooooo, did not mean that. Hell, I am prolly older then you. :yum:

I would have said that AOL went the way of other old companies like Prodigy, netZero and CompuServe.

Am I digging my hole deeper? :th_lmao::yum::yum:

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
... and Juno,

Attachments

• 920x920.jpg
    920x920.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 161

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
or i think i cancelled aol today. spent 25 minutes on the phone .first person couldn't speak english good enough for me to understand. so i asked for another.
$300 a year they kept upping it .
i finally said "i'm saying no and your saying yes. who do you think will win?."
what a pain, i should have put it off another week.
i been with them since dialup days. 1980??
hope i don't get any company today. maybe i'll go chop some wood.
jim
So who will you switch to?

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
We had a local one I used for quite a while called sovernet. They were good, but then they started automatically disconnecting if you did nothing for a minute or so. That got old in a hurry and we connected to Comcast broadband. That was 2001. Never looked back.

That sure made my downloading music from Napster a lot easier.

Anyone here remember the old Napster? I still have lots of songs from those days. :yum:

I still have a letter from Roy Orbison's widow packed away somewhere threatening me with a cease and desist order if I did not stop sharing Roy's music online. That's a true story. That was right at the end of the old Napster days as they were shut down as an open file sharing site shortly after. I stopped pirating music right after that. I am now fully covered by the statute of limitations. LOL