• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

bombardier jw6 manual

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Anyone know where to get a manual for a 1966 jw6 bombardier sidewalk plow

welcome aboard.............. well if it is a sidewalk unit it could be a SW48,SW54,SW64 you need to measure the width of the machine and see what you have? IF it turns out it is 64 inches wide then you need to check the width of the tracks and see if they are 14 inches or 16.5 if they are 16.5 inches then. it would be called a J5

pictures would be great................

benz9

Unimogman, I have the 1970 version of the parts manual and the 1972 operators guide. What is it exactly that you need?

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It is 48 inchs wide.

yes, then it is a SW48. good engines the 251 Chrysler just do not over rev them the govenor is there for a reason. above about 3200 rpm they can start poping the head off the valves. and the unleaded fuel does them no good either thet ran best with the leaded. if it has 80-90 in the differential flush it out and use tractor trans-hydraulic.

unimogman

yes it has the industrial 251 and the exhaust manifolds are very rare it seems I had to refab mine completly. I only know how to email pics did u get the message i sent

benz9

Question, Mr. Boggie, since you brought it up, is the governor adjustable?
There seems to be a keyhole on the engine side.
I have no issue with it being there and for plowing it's great! But when I cross the road and want to do it fast, the engine cuts out at 2000 RPM.
Last year, when I had the knowledge of a baby with this machine, there was a nut preventing the governor from activating and all was fine.
Now I have the knowledge of a guy who took his machine apart and put it back together and I know better than to put that nut back in the governor to prevent it from working, but, 2000 RPM is kinda low, isn't it?

aulen2002

i've found a scan online for the etw1 and the govenor

carteretw1-d.jpg

carteretw1-c.jpg

carteretw1-b.jpg

carteretw1.jpg

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Question, Mr. Boggie, since you brought it up, is the governor adjustable?
There seems to be a keyhole on the engine side.
I have no issue with it being there and for plowing it's great! But when I cross the road and want to do it fast, the engine cuts out at 2000 RPM.
Last year, when I had the knowledge of a baby with this machine, there was a nut preventing the governor from activating and all was fine.
Now I have the knowledge of a guy who took his machine apart and put it back together and I know better than to put that nut back in the governor to prevent it from working, but, 2000 RPM is kinda low, isn't it?

It is, and as Aulen2002 posted it is descibed in the article how to do it.
they say 3450 rpm max I think it should be 3200

benz9

Aulen2002, Boggie, thank you. I've d/l the pictures and will try and sharpen them up so I can read them (32" screens on computers don't display small print very well). 3200 is still a lot more than 2000. Anytime I go over +/-10MPH, I get a "surge" as explained in the book from power wagons (not really the same governor in that book). So a minor adjustment will do good I hope.