• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Senate Republicans, offering Wednesday hearing, UPDATE - She wants another day :(

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Senate Republicans, offering Wednesday hearing, give Kavanaugh accuser a few more hours to respond
By Alex Pappas | Fox News

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...anaugh-accuser-few-more-hours-to-respond.html

Senate Republicans on Friday extended a counteroffer to Christine Blasey Ford to testify on Capitol Hill next Wednesday, amid negotiations over whether Ford will elaborate on her allegations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh in public.

Fox News was told that the Republican senators want an answer “by the end of the day.”

In a statement released Friday evening, Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley extended the deadline for a response to 10 p.m. If there's no response, or a rejection of the offer, Grassley said in a statement, the committe may set a vote on Kavanaugh's nomination for Monday.

“I’m extending the deadline for response yet again to 10 o’clock this evening," Grassley said. "I’m providing a notice of a vote to occur Monday in the event that Dr. Ford’s attorneys don’t respond or Dr. Ford decides not to testify. In the event that we can come to a reasonable resolution as I’ve been seeking all week, then I will postpone the committee vote to accommodate her testimony."

"We cannot continue to delay.”

“We need to hear from her,” said one senior source familiar with the process. “Monday is the preferred date. But we are open to other things.”

A senior Republican source told Fox News “we can’t postpone forever.”

For their part, Democrats reacted negatively to the offer. California Sen. Dianne Feinstein, the top Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee, said Ford shouldn’t “be rushed.” She said Ford can’t testify any earlier than Thursday.

“Show some heart,” Feinstein said. “Wait until Dr. Ford feels that she can come before the committee.”

Ford has accused Kavanaugh of attempting to rape her while both were in high school. Kavanaugh has denied the allegations.

Grassley initially invited Ford to testify on Monday and gave Ford until 10 a.m. Friday to respond. That deadline passed Friday without a deal after Ford’s attorneys made clear this week Ford didn’t want to testify Monday but suggested she would do so on another day.

Ford attorney Debra Katz told the Judiciary Committee on Thursday that Ford is willing to appear for a hearing on Capitol Hill as long as senators provide "terms that are fair and which ensure her safety."

Among the terms requested by Ford’s legal team: Only members of the committee -- no lawyers -- can question her; Kavanaugh cannot be in the room at the time; and Kavanaugh should be questioned first, before he has the opportunity to hear Ford's testimony.

It was unclear whether Republicans would grant any of those demands -- especially making Kavanaugh testify before hearing the allegations.

Meanwhile, President Trump on Friday called for Ford to testify, saying it’s time for the Senate to vote on Kavanaugh’s nomination.

The president was also critical of Feinstein for receiving a letter from Ford outlining her allegations in July, but failing to disclose them, even anonymously, to federal officials or other committee members until last week.

"Senator Feinstein and the Democrats held the letter for months, only to release it with a bang after the hearings were OVER - done very purposefully to Obstruct & Resist & Delay," Trump tweeted Friday. "Let her testify, or not, and TAKE THE VOTE!"

In a sharp change of tone after days of reserved statements regarding the allegations, the president unleashed a torrent of tweets, first in defense of Kavanaugh and then putting pressure on Ford to furnish a police report, though there's no indication one was ever filed.

"I have no doubt that, if the attack on Dr. Ford was as bad as she says, charges would have been immediately filed with local Law Enforcement Authorities by either her or her loving parents. I ask that she bring those filings forward so that we can learn date, time, and place!" he tweeted.

He also tweeted: “Judge Brett Kavanaugh is a fine man, with an impeccable reputation, who is under assault by radical left wing politicians who don’t want to know the answers, they just want to destroy and delay. Facts don’t matter. I go through this with them every single day in D.C.”

Trump also took issue with Ford’s legal team saying they want the FBI to investigate the allegations – something the bureau has indicated it has no plans to do.

"The radical left lawyers want the FBI to get involved NOW," Trump tweeted. "Why didn’t someone call the FBI 36 years ago?"

Speaking to Fox News' Sean Hannity on Thursday night before a political rally in Nevada, Trump called Kavanaugh "an outstanding person" and said, "I don't think you can delay it any longer."

For his part, Kavanaugh, in a letter to the Judiciary Committee on Thursday, indicated he would be ready and willing to testify on Monday. "I continue to want a hearing as soon as possible, so that I can clear my name," he wrote.

"Since the moment I first heard this allegation, I have categorically and unequivocally denied it. I remain committed to defending my integrity."

Kavanaugh's letter did not contain any preconditions for his testimony. Fox News has learned that Kavanaugh, under oath, answered questions from the Judiciary Committee earlier this week, and denied the allegations.

Fox News’ Chad Pergram and Gregg Re contributed to this report.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Senate Republicans, offering Wednesday hearing, give Kavanaugh accuser a few more

5 more hours. The time frame earlier was 5:00.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Senate Republicans, offering Wednesday hearing, give Kavanaugh accuser a few more

5 more hours. The time frame earlier was 5:00.

They’re giving her every chance to tell her story. I expect she won’t respond and will attempt to drop another bombshell over the weekend to try to delay things again :(

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter

Now Dr. NutJob is saying she is afraid of confined spaces so she cannot fly to DC. On and on this horse shit goes. On the plus side, the rest of the nation gets to see more and more what a bunch of assholes these DemoRats are.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

Now Dr. NutJob is saying she is afraid of confined spaces so she cannot fly to DC. On and on this horse shit goes. On the plus side, the rest of the nation gets to see more and more what a bunch of assholes these DemoRats are.

So they let her ride outside on the wing. :bolt:

Part of the original offer was for a delegation from the committee to travel to California.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

They’re giving her every chance to tell her story. I expect she won’t respond and will attempt to drop another bombshell over the weekend to try to delay things again :(

DELAY DELAY DELAY

It is their tactic and strategy.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter

So they let her ride outside on the wing. :bolt:

Part of the original offer was for a delegation from the committee to travel to California.

Ford's acceptable means of transportation:
-Unicycle
-Pogo Stick
-Rickshaw
-Big Wheel
-Heelys

:yum::th_lmao::yum:

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

DELAY DELAY DELAY

It is their tactic and strategy.

17 mins ago
Attorneys for Christine Blasey Ford ask for another day to make decision to testify

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-another-day-to-make-decision-to-testify.html

Attorneys for Christine Blasey Ford, the woman who has accused Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct, asked the Senate Judiciary Commitee on Friday night for an additional day to make her decision to testify.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Another day to decide . . .

How about

“we’re having a meeting Monday morning if you are there we will have a hearing. If you are not present we’re voting.”

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
At this point in time I don't which is tougher, getting her to testify or getting unredacted documents out of the DOJ!! Now DOJ is blowing smoke up Trump's a$$ telling him it might affect the russia investigation and "allies" are calling to tell them not to release the documents. Now rosenstein's a$$ is in a crack and it appears the deep state is trying to piss off Trump enough to fire rosenstein and create a constitutional crisis. It almost appears the deep state is trying to stage a silent coup!! Sessions should deal with this but he's still hiding in a closet!!
Mike

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Christine Blasey Ford rejects Chuck Grassley deadline to commit to testimony
Posted by William A. Jacobson Friday, September 21, 2018 at 10:03pm

https://legalinsurrection.com/2018/...-deadline-to-commit-to-testimony/#more-260493

Judiciary Committee vote on Kavanaugh nomination on Monday?

The attorneys for Christine Blasey Ford, who recently accused Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault dating back to when they were teenagers, repeatedly tried to delay the date of her testimony, if she ever testified.

First she wanted it to wait until after and FBI investigation, that would have been weeks.

Then then she tried to buy as many days as possible, pushing potential testimony from next Monday to next Thursday, That would push a Judiciary Committee vote at least until the week after next, and would guarantee that Kavanaugh could not be confirmed by the entire Senate in time for the October 1, 2018, first argument day of the Supreme Court term (the first Monday in October).

More important, Ford clearly was trying to buy time. But for what? She’s being advised by one of the most ruthless Democrat operatives, Ricki Seidman, who was deeply involved in the take down of Robert Bork and trying to take down Clarence Thomas. Each day they could gain raised the possibility of more Democrat hand grenades thrown into the process, in a desperate attempt to create even more chaos. It’s not clear how long Seidman has been involved with Ford, but back in July Seidman bragged that Democrats had a strategy that might prevent the Kavanaugh confirmation

Ford also demanded conditions for her to testify at the Senate Judiciary Committee, some of which Republicans agreed to, but not her key demands that she testify after the person she accused (Kavanaugh) and that she not be questioned by lawyers.

Steven Dennis of Bloomberg tweeted the conditions Grassley did and did not agree to:

Grassley has agreed to some Ford team requests:
* Postponing hearing from original GOP plan of Monday
* No Kavanaugh in room while she testifies
* A single TV camera & limited press access
* Security accommodations
* Equal time for questioning by each senator
* Breaks

Grassley so far has rejected several of Ford team’s requests, including:
* Asking WH/FBI to reopen background check to investigate
* Testimony from other witnesses
* No staff attorney questions
* Kavanaugh to go first
* Delaying the hearing to Thursday instead of Wednesday

Grassley originally set a 10 a.m. deadline this morning for Ford to agree, but then extended it to 10 p.m. Grassley indicated that if there was not agreement from Ford to appear Wednesday, he would call a Committee vote on Monday.

Grassley must have confidence that the weak Republican links on the Judiciary Committee will vote for Kavanaugh, or he wouldn’t be doing this. Right?

Mitch McConnell also is expressing confidence that Kavanaugh will be confirmed soon.

A
[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=GrZGMiJ4Mw0"]Mitch Mcconnell: Brett Kavanaugh Will Be On Supreme Court, In 'Very Near Future' | NBC News - YouTube[/ame]
A
Ford’s attorney’s responded tonight. And the response is a non-response, they want another day to decide.

This is just more of a stall game. What will Grassley do?

Ford and her attorney’s are playing Republicans like a fiddle, because they know that Republicans have a problem in the form of Collins, Murkowski, Flake and possibly Corker. Flake is on the Judiciary Committee, and while it can be sent to the floor without a committee majority (if Flake votes no or doesn’t vote), that would be embarrassing for Republicans. Also, unless two of those four can be kept on board as to the confirmation vote, Kavanaugh can’t be confirmed.

Ford and Democrats are playing for time, and days matter.

Don’t doubt that Democrats have more to throw at Kavanaugh and Senate Republicans. The next 10 days may be the ugliest and dirtiest yet.

Attachments

• 90DE8C78-5A37-43FC-B0E1-576D6FB3040A.jpeg
    90DE8C78-5A37-43FC-B0E1-576D6FB3040A.jpeg
    185.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 6CA4487F-954E-4BFA-B9A6-D73D534830D3.jpeg
    6CA4487F-954E-4BFA-B9A6-D73D534830D3.jpeg
    145.9 KB · Views: 37
  • DF150205-B99A-42D0-BA8E-CBC83F7F7FF0.jpeg
    DF150205-B99A-42D0-BA8E-CBC83F7F7FF0.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 37

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
If anyone wonders about why the Second Amendment is important, look around at what is happening in this country today!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Imagine what it must feel like for Mr. Kavanaugh, whom I believe is an honest and true man right down to the letter, being put through the wringer like this.
It breaks my heart.
It stinks, it's rotten and sadly speaks as to how lousy the left are.
:neutral:

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

The're caving. She's had 35 years to tell her story. To date no charge has ever been filed. Now a please don't publish this letter to a Senator who has zero authority, who then forwards to the FBI, who has even less. And then proceeds to publish. Grassley has issued 4 or 5 drop dead times.

Ford has dropped the bombshell. She's skeered of flying. She needs another day TO DECIDE IF SHE WANTS TO TESTIFY. Her nails haven't yet dried. People are picking on her. She needs to talk to the FBI about the death threats.

The solution? Hold the hearing. 10:00 Monday. Make damn sure Kavanaugh shows up. Hear. Vote is at 2:00. Seating at 4. Done.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
So now the new drop dead time:

Judge Kavanaugh I just granted another extension to Dr Ford to decide if she wants to proceed w the statement she made last week to testify to the senate She shld decide so we can move on I want to hear her. I hope u understand. It’s not my normal approach to b indecisive.

From CNN posting a Tweet to Kavanaugh.

Acording to CNN, the new deadline is 2:30. To decide IF she wants to proceed.

Note to Grassley. It is absolutely your normal approach to be indecisive.

Lost in all this is one fact. The hearing was over last week. It's time to vote.

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
It really doesn't matter what is done, unless the Republicans don't approve the nominee,

The Dems have already stated their intent to INVESTIGATE a sitting Supreme Court judge Kavanaugh and to impeach him , if they win enough seats during the midterm elections.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...gations-impeachment-even-if-is-confirmed.html

"Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse, D-R.I., said that “as soon as Democrats get gavels”, the party will investigate the Kavanaugh allegations even if he is confirmed and sitting on the Supreme Court."

"His stance was backed up by Rep. Eric Swalwell, D-Calif, who said in an interview with Fox News that there could not only be an investigation, but a push for impeachment."

They also have 54 planned charges to use to impeach Trump with.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Have we all been punished by being sent to a parallel universe where everything we were taught is now totally backwards and all twisted and up side down?