• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

detail of blade mounting on Tucker 1344

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Right thread or not, sleddogracer, I'm very curious as well. Would love to see photos, and any commentary on design changes and the rationale behind them. Perhaps also, where you sourced parts.

I know Tucker used a different hydraulic pump configuration; what changes did you make to that? Did you install a hydraulic fluid cooler?

My snowcat buddy and I are going to fabricate and install a six-way blade on our project 1643. That machine has a factory winch setup, which will require some modifications from the Tucker standard blade design. I have a factory blade to essentially "copy" on my Thundercat project, but we may make some design changes (improvements) as well.

Red130

I can't imagine a better machine for grooming narrow trails that twist in and out of large trees than a 4 track tucker - 2 track machines narrow enough to do the job loose traction in the corners and if snow is piling up on the groomer, be prepared for a lot of shoveling and a nasty bump left in the corner - you can mitigate that problem to a degree with ram steering, but the 2 track would still rather go in a straight line - I don't plan on doing a lot of blade work, just when a creek bed needs filling in, or a bit of snow needs to be pushed away from doorways, or if perhaps a fallen tree blocks a trail - no need for it to be plowing driveways or parking lots as there is equipment here better suited for that job - a 16 foot wide 2 track ski hill groomer wouldn't make it a 100 feet out of my yard - lol

Are you talking about grooming with a drag? For pulling a drag I don't think anything beats a Tucker. But if "narrow trails" means ski trails, two track hydrostatic machines dominate, whether winding or straight. :smile:

Red130

Is this a narrow trail?

Attachments

• 20151227_093647 (2).jpg
    20151227_093647 (2).jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 106

Red130

The compactor bar is 8 1/2 ft. as shown (can add gathering flaps for another 16 inches). That section of trail can groom out to 10ft, you can probably see where I can get another foot and half on the way back out. I guess I don't see how a 4 track machine could go tighter, but I'll concede your point (for now) since we're hi-jacking this thread!

The compactor bar is 8 1/2 ft. as shown (can add gathering flaps for another 16 inches). That section of trail can groom out to 10ft, you can probably see where I can get another foot and half on the way back out. I guess I don't see how a 4 track machine could go tighter, but I'll concede your point (for now) since we're hi-jacking this thread!

on 2 sections of my trail I have to "wiggle" the 8' wide Tucker to miss the trees - the trees are large enough I'd have to hire a large cat to remove the stumps were I to fell the trees - I doubt 8 1/2 feet would clear the way it is now - as you can likely surmise I'm happy with my old, low hour Tucker
- we're on a thread I started so no worries - lol