• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Black Friday.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I KNOW! were i work they used to have a christmas dinner for the family of residents now they took it way (cost 2 much apparently) so ya the girls that work that weekend are bringing treats fot them!they deserve that much!!!

They won't be doing the Christmas dinner at our place either hun.
Thanksgiving was last Thursday where I work, that was the biggie.
We do have a party for them and every staff member signed up to buy their favourite patient or residents gifts.
I have two that need warm jammies who have family members who aren't supplying them with a thing- never mind NOT showing up to see them ever.
So Carl and Benny will have soft flannels instead of t-shirts and undies."
Now, if laundry just doesn't shrink them or lose them, I'll be happy lol

loboloco

I KNOW! were i work they used to have a christmas dinner for the family of residents now they took it way (cost 2 much apparently) so ya the girls that work that weekend are bringing treats fot them!they deserve that much!!!
That's really cheap and good for the girls.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We used to always gift the old amputee woman where the wife worked. She was a wonderful person and never had visitors. I would always sneak her in some good food when I took supper in to the wife and sit and chat with her. She was a hoot to be around.

jwstewar

Can't remember the last time we put ourselves through that insanity. Me and the wife went to Kohls on Wednesday night and bought myself a Christmas present...

8631064_sa.jpg

It was on sale and the wife had a 30% off coupon that had to be used by Wednesday night. All the Christmas shopping is now done, and pre-holiday sales were good enough in our thinking to get it done before the season really kicks off. Now we can focus on family event planning and baking, and not worry about shopping. BTW the crock pot will sit around unopened when one of our procrastinating kids asks Mom what to get for Dad. Just cough-up $40 and give it to Dad.

As for the trendy stuff, we really don't care about that stuff. Leave it to those who feel the need to have the latest and greatest of everything. Oh, our shopping was all dome with CASH! No credit card bills for us.

Monica got one of these for her and one for my Mom last year on BF at Kohl's. They had another crock pot on sale for $9.99. They didn't get any of them in, so the manager substituted this one instead. Monica wasn't going to buy the original one they had on sale, but when she saw they were substituting this one, she pounced on it.