• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Black Friday.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Now i know you Guy's and Girl's across the pond like your Black Friday.....so what are you hoping to grab as a bargain this year???

Or will it be just a case of grab as you see??

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
There's not going to be any spending for anything extra here, just as there won't be much of a family Christmas get-together.
Too much other crap that is dragging our family into a bleak season.
My holiday is going to be spent focusing on the reason for the season, not the sales, the lights, the crowds or any of that.

Galvatron

There's not going to be any spending for anything extra here, just as there won't be much of a family Christmas get-together.
Too much other crap that is dragging our family into a bleak season.
My holiday is going to be spent focusing on the reason for the season, not the sales, the lights, the crowds or any of that.

Sorry to hear that PG....i hope the new Year brings your Family closer.:flowers:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The only thing I will be grabbing on black Friday is the wife's butt. It is already paid for! We went at 3 am 2 years ago and will never go back. I bought her some new kettles a week ago to help keep her in the kitchen more!:whistling:

Galvatron

The only thing I will be grabbing on black Friday is the wife's butt. It is already paid for! We went at 3 am 2 years ago and will never go back. I bought her some new kettles a week ago to help keep her in the kitchen more!:whistling:

Your quite the Honey dripper aint you Bill....you sly old fox:brows:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten

Is that when she takes one of the kettles and hits you over the head.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The only thing I will be grabbing on black Friday is the wife's butt. It is already paid for!

My ass it's paid for... Wives never are. :hide:

I haven't gone out on Black Friday for as long as I can remember.

I have the kids already done and they roll their eyes as they know they're getting new winter clothes. No ideas yet for Mrs. Zoom.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I haven't been BF shopping in over 20 years. Now that some internet sites have joined the party I will take a gander at what they are offering, but that's as far as I'll go. Black Friday to me is a day for anything except shopping at the mall.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Can't remember the last time we put ourselves through that insanity. Me and the wife went to Kohls on Wednesday night and bought myself a Christmas present...

8631064_sa.jpg

It was on sale and the wife had a 30% off coupon that had to be used by Wednesday night. All the Christmas shopping is now done, and pre-holiday sales were good enough in our thinking to get it done before the season really kicks off. Now we can focus on family event planning and baking, and not worry about shopping. BTW the crock pot will sit around unopened when one of our procrastinating kids asks Mom what to get for Dad. Just cough-up $40 and give it to Dad.

As for the trendy stuff, we really don't care about that stuff. Leave it to those who feel the need to have the latest and greatest of everything. Oh, our shopping was all dome with CASH! No credit card bills for us.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry to hear that PG....i hope the new Year brings your Family closer.:flowers:
It's not that Galvi.
It's that my sister is now very ill and I just found this out last Friday.
So there will be no Thanksgiving or Christmas gatherings.
It was decided that we'd all just meet somewhere for a quiet dinner between now and Christmas and see how things go from there.
My boys are too involved with their lives and drama to even care about inviting Mom to their place(s) for either holiday.
I'll be spending Thanksgiving day with friends (not family) and Christmas Eve working and Christmas Day probably on my own.
I am hoping the New Year brings good things for all of us.

I might go out and buy myself a toaster oven and a new coat.
Yippee!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
It's not that Galvi.
It was decided that we'd all just meet somewhere for a quiet dinner between now and Christmas and see how things go from there.
My boys are too involved with their lives and drama to even care about inviting Mom to their place(s) for either holiday.
I'll be spending Thanksgiving day with friends (not family) and Christmas Eve working and Christmas Day probably on my own.

Yippee!

My Wife and I would love to set a extra plate for you .

Place :
Elk City
Time:
Will leave a light on .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Still wantin to get that new flat wall tv . Guess we will wait till we get the measurement so we can buy the right size to fit in the new cabinet .

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Christmas Day probably on my own.

Call Bobcat!!!!! :wow::wow::wow::wow:

Me, I've never shopped on "BF". I can live very well without the mayhem. I do most of my bargain shopping throughout the year. It means that I'm buying winter clothes (for Texas) in August and summer clothes in January. I buy chemicals for spraying the pasture when they on clearance at TSC at 70% off and I buy all they have. OK, so I have enough herbicide and insecticide to last for 5 years, it was cheap and it's not going to get any cheaper. That's how I shop. I find stuff that I need and use at a good price and I buy a bunch of it. I hope that I don't die within the next few years or my wife is going to have to get rid of a whole bunch of stuff. I can get by without the latest electronic gizmos so that's not much of a sacrifice.

The idea of "Black Friday" and that stores are giving stuff away is, for the most part, a fallacy. What they're doing is putting up a few and limited number of items as a loss leader to get you into the store or selling items at "less profit" than normal. They don't stay in business by selling stuff at a loss. :sad::sad:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Of all the members I have phone numbers for, I most certainly will be calling them Frank and wishing them a good holiday.

lilnixon

AKA LILVIXEN
GOLD Site Supporter
Can't remember the last time we put ourselves through that insanity. Me and the wife went to Kohls on Wednesday night and bought myself a Christmas present...

8631064_sa.jpg

It was on sale and the wife had a 30% off coupon that had to be used by Wednesday night. All the Christmas shopping is now done, and pre-holiday sales were good enough in our thinking to get it done before the season really kicks off. Now we can focus on family event planning and baking, and not worry about shopping. BTW the crock pot will sit around unopened when one of our procrastinating kids asks Mom what to get for Dad. Just cough-up $40 and give it to Dad.

As for the trendy stuff, we really don't care about that stuff. Leave it to those who feel the need to have the latest and greatest of everything. Oh, our shopping was all dome with CASH! No credit card bills for us.

Hint Hint... I really like this, maybe Santa will put one under my tree..

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Hint Hint... I really like this, maybe Santa will put one under my tree..
I like to make soups, side dishes and crock pot meals to take to pot luck events. We have the base model of this 6 qt. unit, but for soups and stews the latching lid with liquid seal is a real plus for transporting. The temp probe and serving spoon with its retainer are just bonuses to the features I was looking for.

kitty

It's not that Galvi.

Yippee!
well that sucks Id spend any holiday with you!!

loboloco

PG, sorry about your sister. Any time you're down this way and need a holiday feed give me a holler. Same to Hope and her little one.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
i work christmas too! :)
Well, at first I only signed on for Christmas Eve, then decided to work Christmas Day too.
It's good pay and those little boogers need the extra lovin' we give them anyway, don't they?
A lot of them won't have anyone but us to hug them and make them feel happy during the holidays.

kitty

Well, at first I only signed on for Christmas Eve, then decided to work Christmas Day too.
It's good pay and those little boogers need the extra lovin' we give them anyway, don't they?
A lot of them won't have anyone but us to hug them and make them feel happy during the holidays.
I KNOW! were i work they used to have a christmas dinner for the family of residents now they took it way (cost 2 much apparently) so ya the girls that work that weekend are bringing treats fot them!they deserve that much!!!