• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

SB *FUN FAMILY REWARDS 888-527-6839 TX $ 9.95

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Somehow we have been so lucky as to get signed up for SB *FUN FAMILY REWARDS. As I understand it, you get into this via JC Penney's (maybe their catalog dept).

My wife deals with JC Penney's fairly regularly and we suspect they asked if she wanted in their 'Stone Bridge' rewards program and she said okay, not knowing it would cost her, not reward her. They have been charging our account 9.95 every month for the past 3 months that we know of. Maybe longer.

Searching online shows that quite a few people were surprised to find this charge on their bill. One even said she had canceled it once, but now they are charging her account again.

JC Penney's has always been a reputable company in my eyes, that they would allow this kind of stuff to go on shocks me. They will be hearing from me about this.

SB *FUN FAMILY REWARDS 888-527-6839 TX $ 9.95

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've had that happen to me twice in the past year. The first time was with Orbitz, who apparently gave my credit card number to something called Great Vacations. The second appeared this past month with Verizon when a $10.00 charge appeared on my bill for a text service that supposedly sends jokes, etc over your text. In the first case, I had to have a card reissued with a new number and the charges were removed from my account. In the second, Verizon finally removed it after a small hassle.
It's a damn shame when you have to line item every bill to check for fraud from supposedly reputable companies. It's also the reason I pay bills by mail.
Interestingly, neither of these purported "services" ever sent any of he services that I was being billed for.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
When they try to give me their"rewards" spiel I offer to cut the card up right then and send them the pieces. They almost always record these conversations to use against you if you dispute an item. I pay any card I use in full every month via check. The only thing done electronically is insurance payments to get a better rate on my checking account.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Interestingly, neither of these purported "services" ever sent any of he services that I was being billed for.

Same here. No notice no nothing. Seems as if they know dang well you'd cancel it if you knew about it.

MM, this was not on their credit card. They offered a the 'rewards' program to my wife to get 10 dollars off of a catalog order she made. She said sure. They did not mention a recurring charge of 9.95 a month forever to save that 10 bucks. What a total rip off. We have papers coming that we fill out to get all our money back. We'll see how that goes.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Same here. No notice no nothing. Seems as if they know dang well you'd cancel it if you knew about it.

MM, this was not on their credit card. They offered a the 'rewards' program to my wife to get 10 dollars off of a catalog order she made. She said sure. They did not mention a recurring charge of 9.95 a month forever to save that 10 bucks. What a total rip off. We have papers coming that we fill out to get all our money back. We'll see how that goes.
That's what happened with Orbitz. There is a block in their site, that if you do not check, you have signed up for Great Vacations. Last time I used Orbitz.
I think that a fair amount of people with automatic bill paying don't look at their bills.