• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What does it cost to drive piles?

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Anybody have an idea what it would cost to drive 50 foot pilings for a home? The home would have a foot print of about 40 feet by 40 feet, three stories tall. Before I contact an architect, I was wondering ballpark, so I don't make the complete fool of myself that I am.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
They cost per the foot, but you need a geologist to determine how many and how close to each other. Like expensive cars, if you have to ask the price, then you can't afford it. They are very expensive to say the least. If you got the land for free, it still might not be a good deal. Also, you never know how far down they will need to go until you start. I remember when my dad built a building on what was just about a swamp because the land was given to him by the city. It would have been cheaper to buy land after they finished driving all the pilings. The road in front of the building was like driving across a earthquake area. Every day it got a new dip or pot hole.