• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What did you buy American?

RobsanX

Gods gift to common sense
SUPER Site Supporter
Let's try to make this a thread about being proud to buy American. I understand it's not always easy, but sometimes with a little searching you can still find American made products. I don't want to start a debate in this thread, but just for folks to show their pride in buying products made in their country.

For our valued members who are not American, or are ex-pats, feel free to post products that are made in your home country, or where you are currently living.

I'll start. I'm a burger fanatic, and I've taken a lot of time to learn new recipes and techniques for making burgers. I recently bought two burger related tools.

A LamsonSharp turner for flipping burgers, and a Lodge cast iron grill press to smash them flat. I picked them both up on Amazon.com.

39547.jpg

%7BF763B9C3-AE26-46E5-B851-A8FC52136B4C%7D_LGPR3.jpg

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
i do my best to buy what i can made here, though sometimes its hard on a budget

Attachments

• G45.jpg
    G45.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 197

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Jeep Wrangler
Cape Cod Chips
Mr. Bee Chips
Philidelphia Cream Cheese
Sunny D OJ
Milk
detergent
etc.
We just went to the grocery store and bought lots of American made and grown things.
After work I'm stopping to buy some weed killer ...I'm sure it will be American made.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I bought a Jeep, but it was made in Canada.
I went to Sears for some Craftsman tools, made in China.
My Cincinnati Microwave radar detector is made in Canada.
Motts Apple Juice comes from apples imported from Argentina?
I did buy some 'Cold-Eeze' that is American made.
One of my German VW's was made in Mexico.
I have a pair of Finnish shoes made in VietNam and an American watch made in Japan.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
For our valued members who are not American, or are ex-pats, feel free to post products that are made in your home country, or where you are currently living.

Well I guess I'm as close as we got on forums to a "ExPat" so heres my addition .

Bananas grown locally and shipped to the states . Their sold under the name "Chiquita" Use to be called the "United Fruit Company" .

Attachments

• banana.jpg
    banana.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 186

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Cutco kithen tools made right up the road in Olean,N.Y. Buy all my feed from a local farmer so we don't have any imported "Byproducts" mixed in. My fence posts are all made in America. Buy only pipe fittings made right down the road in Blossburg,Pa. By Ward Machinery and casting. Hard to find parts for a vehicle that are not imported. I do look for any food items grown in USA. Will not buy imported stuff to eat. I do without and the wife concurs with that.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
moste all my guns are made in American ruger remington sprinfield armory marlin and armalite i have 2 made in isral 1 from england and 1 from spain oops for got my mauser 98 german

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
A cardboard box. The outside of the box said made in America.. but the product inside - made in China.:brows:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
moste all my guns are made in American ruger remington sprinfield armory marlin and armalite i have 2 made in isral 1 from england and 1 from spain oops for got my mauser 98 german

Hey beat me to it! Savage, S&W, Ruger, Remington, Kel-tec, and I think most of my AR parts (not sure about the plastic bits).

I just bought some Lee and RCBS reloading tools.

Not sure about my Hodgdon Powders though. They may be made overseas. I know Varget is. AFAIK, Hornady, Sierra, and Nosler are all American made.

I did spend a chunk on a scope from an American company but the scope was made in Japan. :(

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Same here. I make sure of that. I also try my best to buy American produce. It's not always possible though.
Same here. All of our dairy products are local. The milk comes from Defiance, Ohio. The eggs are mostly local, as are the meats.
As for fruits and vegs, local.. unless it's something that of course has to be imported, which I don't buy too much anyhow.
Just about everything I buy or own is American made.

lilnixon

AKA LILVIXEN
GOLD Site Supporter
Most of the meat in our freezer came from a local farm. Last time I checked the farm was in America.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey beat me to it! Savage, S&W, Ruger, Remington, Kel-tec, and I think most of my AR parts (not sure about the plastic bits).

I just bought some Lee and RCBS reloading tools.

Not sure about my Hodgdon Powders though. They may be made overseas. I know Varget is. AFAIK, Hornady, Sierra, and Nosler are all American made.

I did spend a chunk on a scope from an American company but the scope was made in Japan. :(
for got about my savage winchester and of course my moste useless fire arm my underwood m1 carbine

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know if the OP's point was to direct Us to the fact that precious little is manufactured here anymore ,however it does seem true .
The last major things that I bought made in the U.S. were an American CLS log splitter , and St Pierre tire chains . Both of Our vehicles ,while assembled here are off shore designs . It's sort of depressing when You think about it .

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Sad part is an American company like NAPA buys so much of their parts from china. They like to sponsor Nascar and stuff like that but make a bigger profit importing bearings etc. from overseas. We, as a country, would be in better shape if we bought things made here and gave the work to Americans.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
I had some local grown Asparagus yesterday and it was as sweet as Megan Fox in a bikini on a hot summers day.

Now that's sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet:yum::yum::yum:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know if the OP's point was to direct Us to the fact that precious little is manufactured here anymore ,however it does seem true .
In spite of our obscene trade imbalance, one must be willing to import goods if one is permitted to export their own goods to other countries. I'm not supporting the imbalance, just saying that we are a global economy today and that will not change. If I'm not mistaken, we invented most of the technology that is currently being used against us with cheap (exploited?) labor overseas. Other than boycotting goods made with cheap labor, there's not much we can do about changing that without becoming protectionist. I digress.

SShepherd

I do my best to buy local first, especially for food. Local farmer has eggs, butcher is about 3 miles down the road, local bread maker is about 8 miles away. When it comes to fish, veg-- not a chance of getting anything remotly local in this frozen north until our growing season kicks up:sad:
That being said, the more complicated things I need, I find that even trying to go local ( if it's available) there seems to be a really high level of incompetence.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
Cutlery -- field/camping/hunting knives.
ESEE, Becker Knife & Tool, Busse, and a couple of custom blades.