• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Replacing HVAC system

dzalphakilo

Banned
Moved into a "new" house last year (built in 1988). Three independent HAVC systems, two in the mechanical room in the basement (for the basement and 1st floor htg/cooling) and one in the attic for the second floor.

Last couple of days finally got to taking the third floor system out. Lennox Pulse furnace with coil. Replaced it with a 14 SEER heat pump with an 80% variable speed furnace.

First pic is of the new coil and some of the piping.

Second picture was what was there before hand.

In the second pic can see where the lineset comes up a 3" sleeve with the gas line. Had to upsize the lineset to 1/2"x7/8" with 1/2 wawll insulation, pushing down that sleve close to 25'. Pain in the butt.

Didn't want change it out yet, but had some issues with the a/c unit and figure I might as well get it done with now while the attic would only hit 90-100 and still be bearable.

Attachments

• Copy of pipe new job.JPG
    Copy of pipe new job.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 27
  • Copy of attice lineset sleve.JPG
    Copy of attice lineset sleve.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 28

dzalphakilo

Banned
Pic of the outdoor unit. Had to run it on the other side of the house due to the lineset size. Had to run power from the mechanical room through the drop ceiling to the other side of the house.

Found a nice black snake in the ceiling.

Overall glad I got this job done, anything that needs to be replaced in the mechanical room will be a piece of cake, 8' ceiling and penty of room (in the basement).

Left the old gas furnace and coil up in the attic for now, to heavy, plus I only have 18 1/2" in width to work with bringing down stuff through the drop staircase. All most killed my father in law helped me getting the equipment in the attic, by dropping that furnace on his head. Three guys no problem, two and you'll have issues.

54 degree air coming out of the regisiters last night and my wife loves the variable speed drive!

Attachments

• Copy (2) of outdoornewequipment.JPG
    Copy (2) of outdoornewequipment.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 27