• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Super busy day in store.
Got Angie on her way.

Ty just left for Houston an hour ago to clean up from Imelda.
Not sure how long he's going to be away, but Ali isn't happy, nor are the girls.
I'll go to Defi this evening to see them at Ali's apartment in town.
Woweee what a turn of events.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Apparently not much.

I had 3 drinks last night. I'm too old for that. Slept like crap. Then woke up in the middle of the night so I took a sleeping pill (prescribed for me) and slept though early church service and didn't wake up until just before the start of the last church service. So didn't make it to church.

I had hoped to work more on the fireplace tile after going to early service. Now I'm sitting here wondering when I will get motivated to actually move off an easy chair.

NOTE TO SELF ... 2 drink limit. 2 drink limit. 2 drink limit.

Looking good better be careful pretty soon you will be conned into side jobs by your friends and family.
Thanks.

But people know I'm not for hire. I used to help my Godson's family with tile jobs, but each time I had his father working with me and was teaching him. Now I just tell him what he needs to do and he does it. I don't mind teaching.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Apparently not much.

I had 3 drinks last night. I'm too old for that. Slept like crap. Then woke up in the middle of the night so I took a sleeping pill (prescribed for me) and slept though early church service and didn't wake up until just before the start of the last church service. So didn't make it to church.

I had hoped to work more on the fireplace tile after going to early service. Now I'm sitting here wondering when I will get motivated to actually move off an easy chair.

Thanks.

But people know I'm not for hire. I used to help my Godson's family with tile jobs, but each time I had his father working with me and was teaching him. Now I just tell him what he needs to do and he does it. I don't mind teaching.
I can relate.
My Sunday is simply weird. After yesterday's debacle delivering a boat I cannot motivate myself to do much . And that is on only two drinks.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Apparently not much.

Thanks.

About 10 years ago I had 2 small glasses of champagne during Christmas dinner. I didn't even feel it but it ruined me the next day. Just not worth it ,that was the last time. Marty

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
pulled a main cap today, its toast ordered a long block from auto zone heave it tomorrow. Marty

Ok everything is settled now, picked up the new long block this morning and its on the stand. Next week the cam, oil pan, manifold ,carburetor,balancer and valve covers show up. a day or 2 of spare time will prep it. Next weekend I plan to go to the work cabin. So the week after I will finish pulling the old motor, take it back for core refund. and put this one in. No more flat tappets to go flat. and a little more power. I even got lucky and the crank flange is drilled for manual trans and don't have to use the adapter BS. Marty

Attachments

• IMG_0134.jpg
    IMG_0134.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 70

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
12 celcius and raining intermittently. I have a love hate relationship with the fall. I love the fall change of colors and hunting season. My back hates the cold dampness that is crippling me. I'm usually go go go all day as movement keeps my back from locking up.

Last night by 10:15 around the campfire I was trying to stand up and my back gave out on me. When that happens my legs give out and it takes all of my strength to stand. I barely made it to the camper and was in bed by 10:30.

Today, the guys are going hunting. We're going home. I'm bringing the side by side to town so I can go hunting and collect firewood for the garage at home.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
We got home around 11. Thank God for cruise control as I still have zero strength in my legs. So today is officially a day of rest for me as I barely made it to the bedroom to get my Walker. The frustrating thing is that I can't predict when I will get flared up. I spent the past 2 days hunting and cutting trail. Now I'm paying for it.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It would seem you raised a good son there girl

Kudos!

Yup. :smile:
He's going to be down there for a month.
If any of you have Facebook access, just do a search for the towing company.
I'm sure he's going to be posting pictures daily.
I'll get my share too.

Today has been fun and busy.
Angie and I went out to eat, then hit the second hand shops.
I got lots of stuff for my kitchen.
Including a set of Anolon pots and pans.
Those cost a fortune in the stores brand new.

I'm whooped.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Yup. :smile:
He's going to be down there for a month.
If any of you have Facebook access, just do a search for the towing company.
I'm sure he's going to be posting pictures daily.
I'll get my share too.

It will be a lot of work and effort in a dangerous place. I pray God is with him.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It will be a lot of work and effort in a dangerous place. I pray God is with him.

Thanks Franc.
I think he stopped to sleep in Blytheville, Arkansas.
6 hrs ago.
Last time he went to Texas, he drove straight down with no stops.

Anywho, I'm working the next 4.
Life. is. wonderful.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm sure, like any good and respectful son, he not speeding to get there.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
More tile work at our flip house. Installed casements around a couple windows. Fixed some badly installed laminate flooring. I’m not in the mood to do the grouting. I hate grouting tile. Probably get to that tomorrow. Not even sure if I have a sponge with me so not really prepared to grout anyway.

Fencing club tonight.

I’m in trouble with the Catholic school coach again. One of “her” fencers turns to me for advice. Called me when he won a tournament. His dad also called me. Everyone was thrilled. It was a BIG win. He is now on the national recruitment radar for some top schools. I congratulated him on my Facebook page. He ‘liked’ it. His mom ‘liked’ it. His dad doesn’t use FB but he told me it was great that I did it. LAST WEEK his school coach, in front is people, first threatened me saying I clearly broke USFA rules. I said no. Then she said I might have broken rules. I said no. Then she said it appeared I broke a rule. I said no. Then she said that he was one of “her” kids and I should never post about “her” kids. I said he is also a member of MY club (so he is also one of MY kids) and another club (so he is also yet another coaches kid too). And he turns to me for help and his dad encourages it. She walked away.

I texted her saying she was wrong ... blah blah blah

She emailed back with an email titled “I apologize” but the body of the email was not an apology. She admitted I broke no rules but said my post made her “profoundly uncomfortable” and that I was taking credit for his wins. Blah blah blah. So I didn’t break rules, apparently it’s not improper for me to post about a kid I work with ... what apparently is improper is the fact that she misinterpreted my post. So I replied and very simply told her that.

Very few people like her. Fewer respect her. She invited a bunch of us to a party at her home... nobody went. If I skip practice today I will avoid more bulls%!+ so I might just skip fencing.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
More tile work at our flip house. Installed casements around a couple windows. Fixed some badly installed laminate flooring. I’m not in the mood to do the grouting. I hate grouting tile. Probably get to that tomorrow. Not even sure if I have a sponge with me so not really prepared to grout anyway.

Fencing club tonight.

I’m in trouble with the Catholic school coach again. One of “her” fencers turns to me for advice. Called me when he won a tournament. His dad also called me. Everyone was thrilled. It was a BIG win. He is now on the national recruitment radar for some top schools. I congratulated him on my Facebook page. He ‘liked’ it. His mom ‘liked’ it. His dad doesn’t use FB but he told me it was great that I did it. LAST WEEK his school coach, in front is people, first threatened me saying I clearly broke USFA rules. I said no. Then she said I might have broken rules. I said no. Then she said it appeared I broke a rule. I said no. Then she said that he was one of “her” kids and I should never post about “her” kids. I said he is also a member of MY club (so he is also one of MY kids) and another club (so he is also yet another coaches kid too). And he turns to me for help and his dad encourages it. She walked away.

I texted her saying she was wrong ... blah blah blah

She emailed back with an email titled “I apologize” but the body of the email was not an apology. She admitted I broke no rules but said my post made her “profoundly uncomfortable” and that I was taking credit for his wins. Blah blah blah. So I didn’t break rules, apparently it’s not improper for me to post about a kid I work with ... what apparently is improper is the fact that she misinterpreted my post. So I replied and very simply told her that.

Very few people like her. Fewer respect her. She invited a bunch of us to a party at her home... nobody went. If I skip practice today I will avoid more bulls%!+ so I might just skip fencing.

Sounds like her problem and insecurity, why would someone beat you up for helping?? Marty

Last edited:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds like her problem and insecurity, why would someone beat you up for helping?? Marty

EXACTLY

She is a control freak who feels the need to be the expert. She is also incredibly jealous of the fact that the kids turn to me as the actual expert (and I do NOT claim to be an expert)

Last year her Assistant Coach was telling students to see me for answers to questions about NCAA rules, college scholarships, etc. and NOT to go to the head Coach. The Asst Coach even told one of the students they would be better off traveling to universities and tournaments with me than with the head coach. The Asst Coach also helped 1 student violate the rules set by the head Coach so the student could attend an outside tournament that helped the student get recruited by some colleges. I had provided the Asst. Coach all the rules that proved the Coach wrong, and pointed out errors. We spent several days going over conference rules, state high school rules, and NCAA rules. After that she realized the Head Coach was/is full of s#!t. So the Asst Coach ran interference to help the kids get the correct answers from me.

And, along with several team members and the 2nd Asst Coach and also myself (Volunteer Saber Coach) the Asst Coach resigned. I believe that I am being blamed for that, but it was the head Coach's issues that caused all the actual rifts.

This is the same Coach who lied to the foreign exchange student & her mother to get the student to fence for the team. The Coach promised expert coaching for the student despite the fact that there was NO qualified coach for this student. I'm the best (so I've been told by other coaches) Saber coach in NW Indiana/South Chicago for high school level fencing and I was 1) NOT planning to even help at that school. And 2) NOT qualified to help that foreign exchange student as her skills are well above my coaching level (she is near Olympic level), the best I could do was get her so she wasn't crying at practice daily and arrange for a world class coach to give her 1 day a week lessons. This girl was used to 6 private lessons per week with a world class coach. The head Coach actually expected this 17 year old student to take an Uber to a train station, a train to downtown Chicago, then 2 busses to the north side of Chicago to get daily lessons (roughly 2 hours commute each way).

Apparently her failures are my fault?

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
EXACTLY

She is a control freak who feels the need to be the expert. She is also incredibly jealous of the fact that the kids turn to me as the actual expert (and I do NOT claim to be an expert)

Last year her Assistant Coach was telling students to see me for answers to questions about NCAA rules, college scholarships, etc. and NOT to go to the head Coach. The Asst Coach even told one of the students they would be better off traveling to universities and tournaments with me than with the head coach. The Asst Coach also helped 1 student violate the rules set by the head Coach so the student could attend an outside tournament that helped the student get recruited by some colleges. I had provided the Asst. Coach all the rules that proved the Coach wrong, and pointed out errors. We spent several days going over conference rules, state high school rules, and NCAA rules. After that she realized the Head Coach was/is full of s#!t. So the Asst Coach ran interference to help the kids get the correct answers from me.

And, along with several team members and the 2nd Asst Coach and also myself (Volunteer Saber Coach) the Asst Coach resigned. I believe that I am being blamed for that, but it was the head Coach's issues that caused all the actual rifts.

This is the same Coach who lied to the foreign exchange student & her mother to get the student to fence for the team. The Coach promised expert coaching for the student despite the fact that there was NO qualified coach for this student. I'm the best (so I've been told by other coaches) Saber coach in NW Indiana/South Chicago for high school level fencing and I was 1) NOT planning to even help at that school. And 2) NOT qualified to help that foreign exchange student as her skills are well above my coaching level (she is near Olympic level), the best I could do was get her so she wasn't crying at practice daily and arrange for a world class coach to give her 1 day a week lessons. This girl was used to 6 private lessons per week with a world class coach. The head Coach actually expected this 17 year old student to take an Uber to a train station, a train to downtown Chicago, then 2 busses to the north side of Chicago to get daily lessons (roughly 2 hours commute each way).

Apparently her failures are my fault?
I would say looking in that if everyone is seeking you out for help you are doing the right thing. The rest will come out in the wash. Marty

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I would say looking in that if everyone is seeking you out for help you are doing the right thing. The rest will come out in the wash. Marty

We were both at my fencing club tonight. She didn't come to talk to me, which is good with me. I never go out of my way to talk to her. But while I was there one of "her" fencers reached out to me via text message and asked for help with a college opportunity :smile:

Her new assistant coach did come to talk to me, but very little of the conversation included subject matter regarding the school.

FWIW, while many students have my contact information (as a club coach they have access to some info) I reply to them & a parent so I bring an adult into the conversations I have with the kids. Not always for a quick question, but if a conversation is started I bring in parents when I reply. Just to cover my bases.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Super busy day in store.
Got Angie on her way.

Ty just left for Houston an hour ago to clean up from Imelda.
Not sure how long he's going to be away, but Ali isn't happy, nor are the girls.
I'll go to Defi this evening to see them at Ali's apartment in town.
Woweee what a turn of events.

Tell Ty not to rush. Some folks don’t need towing :th_lmao:

Attachments

• 8CEEBDB4-026A-4EEE-A703-48794C5C7513.jpeg
    8CEEBDB4-026A-4EEE-A703-48794C5C7513.jpeg
    78.1 KB · Views: 90

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I haven't had a text from Ty since he checked into a hotel in Baytown last night.
I imagine he's getting good rest in preparation for his first day working down there.
He mentioned something about the cars he's going to "rescue", and where they have to go according to insurance regs.
All I know is, he's tickled to death with being there.
His girlfriend Felicia is much more accepting and understanding of his work than Ali ever was.
Enough about that lol

I got off work late last night.
Doing a 12 today 10a-10p.
One of the other gals at work whom I've become quick friends with gifted me with a housewarming lamp.
She was at Lowe's yesterday and called me at work asking if I'd like her to pick me up a 3 bulbed floor lamp.
I asked her to show me a picture of what it looks like.
I love it.

20190924_060516-530x875.jpg

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Busy work morning, Im going to try and get the old motor out of the dodge this evening, tomorrow it suppose to be 98 degrees Thursday another work cabin trip. Marty

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Woke up with nothing planned other than a dentist appointment this afternoon. Haven't stopped since I woke up. Brought the boat into the dealership for warranty work. Mowed part of the lawn. Made a dump run. Made a trip to town for my appointment then picked up the atv at the dealership. They did some brake work for me.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Busy work morning, Im going to try and get the old motor out of the dodge this evening, tomorrow it suppose to be 98 degrees Thursday another work cabin trip. Marty

Me and the old tractor got it out and the flywheel off in an hour and a half. Marty

Attachments

• IMG_0139.jpg
    IMG_0139.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 86

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Worked a bit more on the flip house.

Got some fried catfish for lunch from a little hole in the wall place. It was amazing.

2 young fencers, both “belong” to “her” contacted me today for help. One for college stuff, the other is now in college but is working on his credentials to referee in tournaments and needed some information on how to get his SafeSport certification and background check.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Mmmmm. I love catfish. My favorite restaurant in the city served all you can eat fresh catfish and fries. I miss that place. It closed a couple years ago.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Mmmmm. I love catfish. My favorite restaurant in the city served all you can eat fresh catfish and fries. I miss that place. It closed a couple years ago.

This place is sort of in the bad area of town. Not the really bad area. But nowhere I want to go at night. A giant black guy and his mom(?) operate the place. Super nice people but the place is a bit sparce and rough. But great catfish.

Status
Not open for further replies.