• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Epcot today. Probably my 15th time to Disney World!?!

Attachments

• 9F13F20C-8E01-4A91-9195-1EB5D2D63EAC.jpg
    9F13F20C-8E01-4A91-9195-1EB5D2D63EAC.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 110
  • 370F3ED7-FE39-46BA-8D66-47BDD627F225.jpg
    370F3ED7-FE39-46BA-8D66-47BDD627F225.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 114

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Epcot today. Probably my 15th time to Disney World!?!

You're a better man than I am. I made it 8 times and I swore that was the last. Then again, we've 2 new great grand babies who've never been so in a couple of years I may have to reconsider. The other alternative is that my wife tells me that I'm going. Either way, the Magic Kingdom hasn't disappeared from the horizon. Oh Lord, I wish.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You're a better man than I am. I made it 8 times and I swore that was the last. Then again, we've 2 new great grand babies who've never been so in a couple of years I may have to reconsider. The other alternative is that my wife tells me that I'm going. Either way, the Magic Kingdom hasn't disappeared from the horizon. Oh Lord, I wish.

Well I probably cheated. It was common for me to have a business trip to Orlando so I'd bring the family and tack on 3 days to spend money on the mouse. Sometimes twice a year.

Only made a few visits here that were totally 'pleasure' trips like this visit.

Shockingly expensive. $45 to park. $175 for lunch and nearly $250 for dinner. $3.50 for a bottle of water (but I am a cheap bastard and refilled my water bottle at a water fountain :yum: ) Several snacks. Lots of alcohol (and I found out today that Melen could easily drink me under the table) 4 bags of souvenirs. And the cost just to get into the park where they do a credit check to make sure you can actually pay for the tickets!!!

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Shockingly expensive. $45 to park. $175 for lunch and nearly $250 for dinner. $3.50 for a bottle of water (but I am a cheap bastard and refilled my water bottle at a water fountain :yum: ) Several snacks. Lots of alcohol (and I found out today that Melen could easily drink me under the table) 4 bags of souvenirs. And the cost just to get into the park where they do a credit check to make sure you can actually pay for the tickets!!!

That's what I remember!!!! The last couple of times we went there it was a full "team" trip, 11 of us. You can imagine what that cost and it's one of the reasons I said, "Never again". Not just Disney World. Think of all the other theme parks that just HAD to be visited. Struth!!!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I was up early making breakfast for myself and Aimee.
Made a bunch of pancakes for the freezer too.
Once I get going I can't stop.
I like flipping them.:yum:

20181010_072345-768x768.jpg

Bamby

Have you ever whipped in a bit of apple sauce especially chunky into the batter? Makes for a tasty experience...

Need to power wash the north side of the house before the cooler weather blows in. Haven't used it for awhile and due to mud wasps getting it up and running has turned into a major ordeal to say the least. They have plugged up every orifice the could find to crawl into with mud and insects. In the wand there was a six inch 3/8th pipe packed slam full. Now that I've about done the cleaning and the prep work I'm left a wondering if I've got the steam left to run it and clean up and pack it away again... :unsure: Oh well alls well ends well...

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It's storming outside. I hit the gym this morning. Then did physio after lunch. Now a routine appointment with the family doctor. Then an appointment with our worker regarding future plans for our foster daughter. Chances are we MAY have the option of adopting her. Here she is.
5ea4debba3dbcddb06eb50690f248aa1.jpg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
That's what I remember!!!! The last couple of times we went there it was a full "team" trip, 11 of us. You can imagine what that cost and it's one of the reasons I said, "Never again". Not just Disney World. Think of all the other theme parks that just HAD to be visited. Struth!!!!!

At the age of 72 I have been hoodwinked into Six Flags only twice. Disney Land or Disney world, NEVER!

The Wife and son went several times. Now with the Grandchildren, She has gone at least five times. :clap:
And then there is Hershey Park right on the way to Grandma's house!!!!!!:thumbup:

Somehow, I managed to miss that one as well.:yum:

See the pattern here?

I don't care for theme parks.:hammer:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yes she is!

Good luck Brian.. [emoji106]

Regards, Kirk
Thanks. We've already been pretty much told she's not going anywhere and will be with us until she's an adult. But in the interest of having a permanent family for her to call her own, it's best to look at adoption.

Having worked in the field before my accident, I have first hand experience with this and have seen many kids bounce from home to home till they are 18 then all of a sudden a kid with no sense of belonging and not even done high school is told they no longer have a home. It's a sad reality of the child welfare system. I remember what it was like taking the kids around when they were 17 and showing them where the homeless shelter was, where the soup kitchen was, how and where to apply for welfare etc. That was a part of my job I hated. Then to see their names randomly appear in the wanted listings for various crimes.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Woke up with chills and a temp.
I'm getting something.
Yay! :hammer:
Disinfected the kitchen and bathroom surfaces, took a hot shower and will keep my contagious self in my bedroom.
It's been a whole year since I've felt this crummy.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I hope you get to feeling better. The crud hit here 2 weeks ago. Just getting back to normal now.

Rest and drink plenty of fluids... :smile:

Regards, Kirk

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Woke up with chills and a temp.
I'm getting something.
Yay! :hammer:
Disinfected the kitchen and bathroom surfaces, took a hot shower and will keep my contagious self in my bedroom.
It's been a whole year since I've felt this crummy.

Hope you feel better soon!

I hope you get to feeling better. The crud hit here 2 weeks ago. Just getting back to normal now.

Rest and drink plenty of fluids... :smile:

Regards, Kirk

That stuff made the rounds here couple of weeks ago too. Everyone is still recovering.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The last time I had any real illness was last year at the Halloween parade in Defiance.
I should say I felt it coming on that night during.
That's when we were all sick.
I've drowned myself in several cups of hot tea, v8 juice and 500mg of C with rosehips.
That's my self treatment unless it turns into something else.
They were very understanding when I called off work.
Thank God.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The wife, son, grandchildren arrived last night about 2:30 AM. A full U-Hall truck and a trailer with the Chrysler SRT Crossfire.
Got to bed by 4:00
This morning is getting things out of the way in Dad's house so I can go to work and they can unload the truck. I'm betting I will be doing the heavy stuff tonite when I get home.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The last time I had any real illness was last year at the Halloween parade in Defiance.
I should say I felt it coming on that night during.
That's when we were all sick.
I've drowned myself in several cups of hot tea, v8 juice and 500mg of C with rosehips.
That's my self treatment unless it turns into something else.
They were very understanding when I called off work.
Thank God.

So sorry to hear you are down with something. Tea is fine but I find Scotch whisky works well. I drink it 'till I feel better. Sometimes it works sometimes not but,,;If you end up drinking enough it don't matter. Nuthin' matters.:yum::yum::yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Take care pg.

Today's plan so far was a trip to the orthodontist for two of the kids first thing. Then do some yard work in the snow/rain. Got the snowblower taken out and both riding and push mowers put away. Also rolled up a couple tents that had been drying in the garage since the last scout trip. I also packed up for this weekend's scout trip. We had planned on canoeing in to our cabin on a lake 30 miles away. But with the snow and rain, a canoe trip may not be the best option. So I'm in discussions with the other leaders to come up with a plan b.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Franc and Brian.
Can't say I feel any better, but it's not worse either.
I've been resting a lot.
I think Aimee's getting it now too.
As soon as she got home from the factory, she said Mom, I'm tired, don't worry about dinner or nothing.
She's been sleeping since 4:30.
:neutral:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Keeping a close eye on the weather. We're supposed to be going on a canoe trip this evening into a cabin owned by the scouts that only has water access or a 3 mile hike. Seeing as the trail hasn't been used since last year and the amount of wind we've received, that doesn't seem appealing to attempt to traverse in the evening. So we may just go to the regular camp to the south and only have to hike 300ft.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Maybe a restart to harvest today. We have been rained out for three weeks.

Mud every were, road ditches are full of water.

The crops are starting to fall down, especially the soybeans. It looks to be a very challenging harvest this year. Especially with yet another year of little to no profits with low grain prices....

My harvest machinery is all 4WD, but that is no guarantee we will not get stuck. It is however a guarantee we will carve deep and lasting tracks in the dirt, and these will be visible in next years crop, as we wreck the soil structure compacting it.

Oh what fun... :bonk:

Regards, Kirk

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
So sorry to hear you are down with something. Tea is fine but I find Scotch whisky works well. I drink it 'till I feel better. Sometimes it works sometimes not but,,;If you end up drinking enough it don't matter. Nuthin' matters.:yum::yum::yum:

I have a friend who says... If I feel this bad I might as well get hammered!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like I am calling for a furnace repair to try to start up my furnace at home.

Maybe a restart to harvest today. We have been rained out for three weeks.

Mud every were, road ditches are full of water.

Good luck and hope it goes better than expected.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Morning ! 40/47 for today’s temps . Hopefully ,the rain is supposed to move out this morning . If so, I can go run saws for a while . If not , College Football ! Roll Tide !

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Morning all.
I feel a lot better this morning.
At least my sense of taste and smell has returned.
I've laundry to try and get done sometime today.
Back to work Monday!
:thumbup:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The wife, son, grandchildren arrived last night about 2:30 AM. A full U-Hall truck and a trailer with the Chrysler SRT Crossfire.
Got to bed by 4:00
This morning is getting things out of the way in Dad's house so I can go to work and they can unload the truck. I'm betting I will be doing the heavy stuff tonite when I get home.

Turns out the kids don't want to live in Dad's house. On top of that, a title search discovered a tax lien we cannot work around or afford. Our bankers says walk away, our lawyer says walk away, and my tired back says run away. I wish we had known of this before I gutted the house.

Not only did I completely fill a huge dumpster, I have to pay to have it hauled away. At least the flipper won't have to go thru our family's personal stuff. But, he does have to fork up $30K to fix the foundations.

So today we remove our stove, refrigerator and some furniture, call the trash company and walk away. Out side is our hot tub and about two face cords of firewood I recently cut and stacked. And the Garage has our bedroom furniture awaiting completion of our new master bedroom.
That should be done next week and we can clear out stuff in Dad's garage.

The house is in foreclosure so we have until Thanksgiving.

On the one hand I was looking forward to doing the flip. On the other hand I wasn't. Now we can go sailing. So, this isn't so bad.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
napping would rock, as would getting this phishtank put into place-- it'd be so gorgeous & get me to snooze--they calm u so well-- my pal is looking to get that dealt w/--
ought make grilled cheese, tho luv of our fave bartender, she sent me a gyro of her making--
& joel my babs this toy mouse to play w/ that I've gotta hide as i'm not awake, seeing as to it's a squeaky toy-- he means so well--
see yins guys~~

Status
Not open for further replies.