• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm beat. We've been running like crazy since March. It's all catching up with me. I had planned on loading up the old garage stuff in the trailer and bringing it over to the new place. Instead, I went to pick up new wiper blades for the truck and headed to the new house. I went shopping with my father in law for misc Reno stuff we needed for around the place. My new lift chair came in today and was delivered. It has heat and massage.

Canadian eh!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It's only 230. I'm already on my second load to the new house. Half the garage is emptied and moved over now. Tomorrow is the big furniture move and our first official day living in the new place.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Waiting for the severe weather (or so they say).
It's humid as hell outside, so I cut my walking short this morning.
Talked to my kids and Grandbugs.
All is well there.
Maddie is really coming along with the Asperger's therapy classes.
She actually can focus now on an activity and looks you in the eye while you're speaking.

Guess I'll watch the 500 on the lap top through an app tomorrow.
Lots of new drivers, I only recognize a few names.
Sure isn't like it used to be.
Is anything?

Oh, noted Durwood down in the Birthday names.
He would have been 64.
Sure do miss talking to him and regret not meeting him for dinner like we had planned that time.
He was down to earth and sweet.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm exhausted. Wide awake at 4:30am. Couldn't sleep. By 7am I was packing up a few things then headed out to pick up the uhaul.

Back home by 815am and started loading up small stuff until the work party arrived. Thankfully everyone showed up. We had 5 extra guys, all friends plus my oldest son. By 1130 most of the house was empty.

We headed out to the new house where I had arranged a meat and cheese platter with fresh buns and veggies to feed them. By 230 we had the truck unloaded and everything in their respective rooms. Afterwards I returned the uhaul and went back to the old house to empty the refrigerator and grab a couple of smaller things to bring over. As we bought a lot of new furniture for the house, the only thing that we brought to the new house was the kids bedroom sets and the old living room furniture for downstairs.

Phewf. I'm beat. I did manage to unpack 3 boxes. Only 157 to go. Now I'm enjoying a cold beer and a heated massage on my new lift chair.

Canadian eh!!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
We were going to the boat today. The weather report said storms. So we stayed home. I cleaned up the property at dad's old house. the bank owns it now but no one mows the lawn. I've been doing the front yard but the back was waist high grass and weeds.

It's about 1/2acreofwhatused to be lawn, patio and gardens. What a mess.
The brick patio is 1,200 square feet and was about two inches deep in dead leaves.

Glad it is done but somebody needs to buy and flip that house.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Melen, Nelson the puppy and the Lovely Mrs_Bob all departed for California about 6:15am this morning. They are driving. Day one goal was to get to North Platt, Nebraska. They arrived about 6pm.

I was tasked to take Dasha to the post office with a carload of boxes to ship off to her new home in Boston. We also drove up to Chicago to say goodbye to her friends at the Redstar Fencing Club. Its the top competitive club in Chicagoland and my friend is the Saber coach at the club. He comes down and gives her lessons at my local club. I take her up there for serious fencing practice as often as practical. We also stopped at the Apple store, Ghirardelli Chocolates for some ice cream, and visited the Garden of the Phoenix, which was one of her bucket list places to visit in the city before moving on to Boston.

I probably won't see Dasha again until Wednesday at the next fencing practice. And then Saturday I put her on an airplane to send her off to Boston.

The lovely Mrs_Bob won't get back home for almost 2 weeks :ohmy:

I'm exhausted. Wide awake at 4:30am. Couldn't sleep. By 7am I was packing up a few things ...

... Now I'm enjoying a cold beer and a heated massage on my new lift chair.
Sounds like a busy but very good day!

Attachments

• %JwtPsPBQZa1wrQu8M6s2g.jpg
    %JwtPsPBQZa1wrQu8M6s2g.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 43
  • SMruFPyJRmCIUz5yeXzR5A.jpg
    SMruFPyJRmCIUz5yeXzR5A.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 41

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Heading to the countryside in Holgate soon.
Homer and Sophie still plan to have the cookout.
Looks like it may rain, so..
Bet they end up doing it in the garage.
I'll try to get some pictures.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Relaxing today.

Attachments

• 56322E8A-ACE6-4CE7-AA73-55BCFE4929C0.jpg
    56322E8A-ACE6-4CE7-AA73-55BCFE4929C0.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 31

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Had a grand time.
No cooking outside tho.
It rained or threatened to rain all day.
Aimee's Mother gave me old photos of when Ty and Aimee were still together.
Looking at them makes me weep.
She also gave me one of my ex and I when my Jeff was 2 years old.
How that ended up in the picture box, I do not know, unless Ty had it after I moved to England.
Dang, I feel old today.
Lol

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
It's raining and storms down at the harbor so we did not go to the lake for sailing this week end.

Here it is fair and sunny, mostly. So we are catching up on outside chores. Spent the day power washing the patio, transplanting Hibiscus trees and hanging flowering baskets. No annuals this year except 24 Citronella plants toward of mosquitos. Damn, they are bad this year.

My volunteers for the massive Owl Tree move didn't show so that project waits another week. The carved Oak tree weighs in at over 700 Lbs. Three owls are carved into the branches. It looks great, people stop all the time to see it. But it still has the work platform around it which takes up much of the front yard.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I finally crashed around 2 today. We've been working our butts off trying to manage six kids, a move to the country plus many other things all at once.

I mowed. I unpacked for 3 hours. The move finally caught up with me. I had all these plans to hook up the flat deck trailer and go get some lumber to build a workbench for my tools and vise.

So I dragged my sore tired butt outside and backed down the driveway to the garage. I was about to get out of the truck to hook up the trailer when I reached to open the door and my body gave me a big FU and wouldn't move. I sat there for 10 minutes and decided that I was done. The tools would still be there tomorrow. I

Canadian eh!!!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Painted a couple plastic planters bright blue because the lovely Mrs_Bob wants to change away from tan/brown to something that shocks the senses?

Mowed the lawn.

Went to the hardware store to pick up some duct tape. I'm replacing a couple in-line duct booster fans with newer/quieter running fans. The booster fans we have are 15 years old and loud. Found a (supposed) higher quality and (claimed) quiet fan that has a lot of great reviews while searching around Amazon.

I don't really pay attention to the humming noise of the current fans, its not loud enough to drown out the complaining of the lovely Mrs_Bob, who does pay attention to that humming noise!

New fans are a bit pricy. Nothing similar to be found at the big box hardware stores near here. And ordering on line from them is more expensive that Amazon. Not sure why stores don't learn how to compete with Amazon, or perhaps don't try?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Not much today.
I did finish watching a Helen Thomas documentary on HBOnow.
It was really interesting hearing her speak of all her years as top dog with the White House press corps.
I made Cincinnati chili for dinner.
Waiting for the storms to arrive around 9.

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy Lollie,
hope you survived the storms. News is showing a lot of damage from last night. Best wishes for your survival.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Not much today.
I did finish watching a Helen Thomas documentary on HBOnow.
It was really interesting hearing her speak of all her years as top dog with the White House press corps.
I made Cincinnati chili for dinner.
Waiting for the storms to arrive around 9.

From the look of the weather map this morning you got some really bad storms there. South of you mostly. I hope you are OK

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
There was this meteorologist on, I believe Wane15 out of Fort Wayne.
Live on air, he flipped out over the phone calls and email pouring in, wondering when they were going to get back to the regular programming.
He stayed live on air until all the storms had passed.
What is wrong with people?
:hammer:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I got a call from our son at 2:10am this morning saying a tornado was spotted and heading directly our way. Wife and I moved to the basement and kept an eye on things. Slept a little but thankfully the tornado did not touch down. Back to bed at 5am. No fun but better safe than sorry.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
My son called from Connecticut Sunday nite as said he was very tired but wanted to start his trip to St louis anyway. I said" you're pulling a 24 footbox trailer, get some rest and leave Monday morning.

Thankfully he did not take my advice.

He came through Dayton about 4:00 in the afternoon. Well ahead of the storms that hit both Indiana and Ohio .

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Nice and sunny here. I finally found a few hours to get out and open up camp for the summer. Level the camper and bring out the slides. Hook up the water and make sure it was working. Unwrapped the outdoor kitchen. Installed the battery in the side by side. Installed a new sewer hose. Cleaned up some garbage. Got my new golf cart running. I picked it up from a friend at camp who was pulling out and selling his cart. It's an ezgo electric cart with a speed chip installed. For an electric cart, that thing hauls a$$

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's been a lazy day for me so far.
My Granddaughter Maddie is 4.
Nana's going to take her to her favourite place for dinner.
Dairy Queen.
Just the two of us.
:wub:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
One more thing.
Aimee bought these and offered me some.
I thought they were just peanut M&M's.
Held my hand out, put a few in my mouth.
Definitely a bite.:eek:
Lol
20190531_161156-768x768.jpg

20190531_161201-768x768.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Dinner with my little princess was fun, except for the fact that she kept looking out the windows by the seat asking if Mommy and her sister were coming.
She doesn't have a big appetite, so didn't eat much of what I'd bought her.
Sent her home with a box of DQ Dilly bars in a cool bag.
Today the weather is much cooler, but there is a chance for storms this evening.
I'm supposed to go to Bowling Green to meet a friend.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Just got back from fishing. Now sitting by the fire enjoying quiet time with my wife. The plan is to do as little as possible. Some of the guys at camp want to go fishing this evening. We'll see.

Canadian eh!!!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
6:30 am I was outside mowing the "dog yard" with a little electric push mower. Not silent but 90% of the noise comes from he blades hitting the grass.

Breakfast followed by a shower.

Drove to pick up Dasha to take her to the airport. Left her at the security entrance about 12:30pm Central time. Her flight was supposed to lift off at 2pm.

Drove home, took a detour to pick up some fried chicken gizzards. Made it home before 2pm and assumed that Dasha's flight had departed on schedule. Chatted with the lovely Mrs_Bob on the phone.

Ate the gizzards while the dogs watched in horror because I didn't share and then went outside to mow the rest of the lawn on the tractor. Just before getting on the tractor I got a TEXT from Dasha that she was still on the ground, stuck on the plane, sitting at the gate.

Mowed the lawn with the tractor and pretty much tore it up but the grass was just too darn high with all the rain we've been getting. Got another TEXT from Dasha, flight delayed to 5pm Central. They let them off the plane . . . I'm guessing at this point she is probably boarding the airplane now since it is 4:30pm Central.

Weather radio has been squawking about tornadoes and thunderstorms but its bright and sunny and hot here with only a nice breeze. They weather app on my phone said we'd have thunder and lightning starting about 1pm. Uh, nope. I guess maybe it will hit us. Eventually? We don't need any more rain. Ground is just a bit firmer than a peat bog in most stops. Muddy in other spots.

BTW THE PHOTO WAS UPRIGHT ON MY PHONE + ON MY COMPUTER

Attachments

• YcoCCTZIQOCnwOw1R+edfA.jpg
    YcoCCTZIQOCnwOw1R+edfA.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 31
Status
Not open for further replies.